Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPV Industry Source: Being Generous "Mayweather-Berto May Hit 550,000 Buys"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems about right. The fight was announced very late and Berto is a poor opponent.

Comment

Actually, you can!

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
      You can't say, "that ain't bad".

550k ppv sales with Floyds 30 mill + whatever everyone else got paid, marketing & promotion, etc etc.

That's a major loss financially. No wonder Espinoza came out and tried to calm the waters by saying Floyd wasn't guaranteed 30 mill per fight.
      I believe you're incorrect. With 550K in PPV, add in the gate, and (me thinks) they are in the black. Add to that the promotion revenue, and I believe they did quite well. Meaning, they made money (profit) worthy enough for their efforts. Could they have done better and Floyd picked Amir Khan? Definitely! That goes w/o saying. Regardless, they did well. And Floyd's actions state, why take the risk. For the fans? Fck the fans!, his actions are saying. "Ya'll got all ya'll gonna get from me. Take it or leave it." ...and a lot left it, but not enough for all involved to not make some decent money. The man is truly intelligent and did it (life) his way. Kudos!

Comment

Am actually shocked that it's up to 550K, thought it would be more like 400K..

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          Am actually shocked that it's up to 550K, thought it would be more like 400K..
          thought Floyd fans says Floyd alone can do million plus PPV the dance partner just an icing on the cake

that is why Floyd fans said Pac only deserves 10% of the ppv share

Comment

I heard it 375 k. 550 my arce

Comment

Craaaaaaaash and burn!

Comment

First of all Damn Rafael is not a reliable source.

Second, 550k is still a damn good number, who else sold anything close to that this year in a ppv fight? When u see the numbers for GGG vs Lemieux you'll realize that 550 is not a bad number at all, showtime made tons of millions off Floyd in his last 5 fights not only in ppv revenue but also subscriptions and ads, they can afford "losing" a couple of millions for this last fight and still walk away with a lot of profit from the 6 fight deal, profit which they never made before in 3 years. hell it could be that showtime made more money in these 3 years than what they made in the 15 years before that.

Comment

Mayweather vs Paq made all the money Showtime ever dreamed of. I don't think they care about the numbers of Floyd's last fight, they reached their financial goals with signing Floyd way before he fought berto.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmed_Ismail View Post

Second, 550k is still a damn good number, who else sold anything close to that this year in a ppv fight? When u see the numbers for GGG vs Lemieux you'll realize that 550 is not a bad number at all, showtime made tons of millions off Floyd in his last 5 fights not only in ppv revenue but also subscriptions and ads, they can afford "losing" a couple of millions for this last fight and still walk away with a lot of profit from the 6 fight deal, profit which they never made before in 3 years. hell it could be that showtime made more money in these 3 years than what they made in the 15 years before that.
                    We should ask them to weigh how much they earned from fighting bums like Berto and Maidana, it might even be in the megatons!
                    TBE TBE TBE TBE!!
                    Make money, Showtime got rich yo!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ahmed_Ismail View Post

GGG and Lemieux also don't cash in $70million.

Comment

Working...
                      X