Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach Wanted Delay: Healthy Pacquiao Beats Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dang. It's like Donaire's excuse-fest after being schooled by Rigo... but times 10.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingFan82 View Post
      Sergio's serious knee problems were well-known before the Cotto fight. His surgery was publicized, as was the fact that he was walking on crutches for a good while after the surgery. He was on record stating "I feared I would never walk again." He entered the ring against Cotto wearing braces on both knees.

To Sergio's credit, he never used his knees as an excuse. He admitted he was hurt by Cotto and even though it was obvious in the fight that his knees were not holding up, he accepted defeat like a champion.

Pacquiao on the other hand:
      • Didn't inform the NSAC or USADA about an injury before the fight.
      • Swore under penalty of perjury that he had not been injured.
      • Threw punches and never showed any obvious signs of being in pain or injured.
      • To my knowledge, never indicated to his corner that he was in pain or injured between rounds.
      • Raised his arms while sitting on the stool and raised his arms in victory after the fight, something somebody with a torn rotator cuff would normally find painful if not impossible.
      • Didn't seem to seek immediate attention for his shoulder after the fight was over.
      • Only claimed an injury after he lost.

Sergio didn't make any excuses but reasonable fans, knowing about his knees, were willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Manny is making excuse after excuse but unreasonably expects the fans he wasn't forthcoming with to give him the benefit of the doubt.

The problem is trust. Given everything we already know, it's really difficult to trust anything that's coming out of Pacquiao's camp.

In my opinion, Pacquiao is a disgrace to boxing. He doesn't deserve to be compared in any way for any reason to somebody like Sergio Martinez.
      co sign...............

Comment

• Originally posted by jjsmyth87 View Post
        And also everyone needs to quit acting like Manny lied to everyone so bad. He thought his arm was fine and re aggregated it in the fight. The shot would have kept him from feeling the excruciating pain he was in. This is a tainted win for mayweather
        you can't take a shot on fight night (thats not allowed)

Comment

• Roach says BEFORE the fight that this is the best Pac has looked.....NOW after losing says a "healthy Pac beats Mayweather.......sure.

Eat sh.1t and die already Roach.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingFan82 View Post
            In my opinion, Pacquiao is a disgrace to boxing. He doesn't deserve to be compared in any way for any reason to somebody like Sergio Martinez.
            Basically, when you're injured, keep your mouth shut about it after the fight? That's kind of cruel, you know?

Comment

• I'm calling BS on Freddie. He's in full damage control. If he'd wanted the fight delayed, he wouldn't have talked so much **** in the month leading up to the fight. He basically bragged about how easy it would be, how they were going to destroy Mayweather, talked all kinds of **** about his legs and Floyd Sr.

There's also no way a doctor looks at a serious rotator cuff injury and says, "It'll be fine if you take a pain killer." That's total BS. That leads me to believe the injury was not that significant when he stepped in the ring. He could have torn it worse at any point in the fight. It could have happened in the 12th round for all we know. With the dishonestly of these guys, I'm not going to take their word for it that it happened early. Pac was gun shy from round 1.

These guys disrespected the sport. The only thing they could have done worse was delay a mega-fight by five years by refusing to test for steroids.

Comment

• This is getting sad! Pac is still my #2 but Arum And Roach are gonna make him look really bad! Either postpone or don't make excuses! He lost this one, it's ok!

Comment

Manny told the athletic commission before the fight and he isn't obligated to disclosehis medical Information to anyone. He thought his shoulder would hold up but he re aggrevated it in the 3rd. How is what Manny did dishonest? Floyd barely beat a one armed pacquiao and I'm not sure he did beat him. After going back and watching it again, many punches that I thought mayweather landed were actually deflected by pacquiao, including when he had pacquiao on the ropes and appeared to be teeing off, yet every punch was blocked. Mannys punches were much more effective and you could hear them thumping. Mayweather didn't hurt pacquiao once. Pacquiao hurt him many times. Mayweather is going down in a rematch
                  if he reinjured shoulder during fight he not raising it over his head when bout is over as if he won it the tear won't allow it that ***head probably went in locker room and banged it against wall to injure it more

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Punch-Out!! View Post
                    Basically, when you're injured, keep your mouth shut about it after the fight? That's kind of cruel, you know?
                    I'll make it easier for you: if you suffer a significant acute injury weeks before a fight, postpone the fight. I think they call that "common sense", you know?

In the case of Sergio Martinez, his knees had been a chronic source of problems. He underwent surgery and physical therapy in an attempt to address them. Ultimately, he learned the hard way that all the wear and tear means he no longer has the same physical capabilities but even so he didn't complain. He took a risk and lived with the consequences of it, unlike, apparently, Pacquiao.
                    Last edited by BoxingFan82; 05-05-2015, 07:49 PM.

Comment

I think your absolutely wrong. Mammy fought with one arm and I'm not quite convinced mayweather won after watching the fight again. They said Manny would have gotten the shot if they disclosed the injury earlier. Who the hell cares when it was reported? The important things were the fans were supposed ti get a good fight and it was supposed to be fair. Neither of those happened and I'm sure mayweather got his knuckle shots
                      Great name for him.

Comment

Working...
                      X