No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach Wanted Delay: Healthy Pacquiao Beats Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BoxingFan82 View Post
    I think it's fair to classify Floyd's victory over Castillo in their first fight a "gift" but the circumstances surrounding that fight were very different:
    • Mayweather was heard complaining about his shoulder to his corner in between rounds.
    • Despite being declared the winner, Floyd immediately mentioned his rotator cuff to Larry Merchant in the post-fight interview.
    • According to Floyd, his shoulder was initially injured on the last day of training, so it's reasonable to assume that there was some question as to the extent of the injury.

Contrast this with Mayweather-Pacquaio:
    • I don't believe there was any mention of an injury during the fight. I'm pretty sure if Pacquiao said something in between rounds, it would have been overheard and noted.
    • Pacquiao didn't say anything about his injury in the post-fight interview. He said "It's a good fight. I thought I won the fight." Max Kellerman gave him numerous opportunities to mention the injury by asking why he didn't fight with ferocity or throw punches but his response was "I got him many times" and "He was moving around. It's not easy to throw a lot of punches if he's moving around but if he stay I can throw a lot of punches."
    • Manny claims he was injured weeks before the fight, advised to rest 30-40 days and was taking medication. If true, there's no way the extent of his injury was not known well in advance of the fight.

Bottom line: this is a circus. The stories that keep coming out of Pacquiao's camp don't add up and in addition to tarnishing his reputation, I'm afraid Pacquiao has tarnished boxing. It's unbelievable that he and his camp would have the audacity to pull this nonsense in a fight that people paid hundreds of millions of dollars to see.
    Manny said he didn't want to make excuses and he actually thought he won the fight which many people agree with. He probably felt bad for not disclosing the injury before the fight. Bob arum was the one who brought it up. Mannys the type to not make excuses but this was a legit excuse so his team had to step out and tell everyone because Manny never makes excuses. He actually thought he won which I can see why. His punches were alot harder than mayweathers and mayweather couldn't hurt pacquiao like pacquiao hurt him. A one armed pacquiao

Comment

• Pacquiao just want the money Pacquiao failed needs to take his lost like a man not like a COWARD I would give him a pass if it was a close fight but it was not PINOYS SHOULD BE A SHAME OF HIM BEING A CON MAN most pinoys don't even pay for the PPV like they do in America so its easy for them to say I want to see a rematch WHEN THEY DIDNT PAY FOR CRAP

Comment

• If I were a betting man, I'd say the injury was probably minor, and not significant enough to warrant a delay. He looked bad from round 1, so when he injured his shoulder later in the fight they've used it as an excuse to try and get another big pay day. In the post-fight press conference, all Manny did was say, "I don't want to make excuses" before proceeding to talk about his shoulder non-stop. It was his answer to every question.

As for not making excuses ...
        https://youtu.be/4wg3XgmDSxI

Comment

• Originally posted by jjsmyth87 View Post
          Manny said he didn't want to make excuses and he actually thought he won the fight which many people agree with. He probably felt bad for not disclosing the injury before the fight. Bob arum was the one who brought it up. Mannys the type to not make excuses but this was a legit excuse so his team had to step out and tell everyone because Manny never makes excuses. He actually thought he won which I can see why. His punches were alot harder than mayweathers and mayweather couldn't hurt pacquiao like pacquiao hurt him. A one armed pacquiao
          So basically Manny does whatever Bob Arum says? Well buddy..... Bob Arum has tarnished and tainted Manny Pacquiao's prosperous career. Arum was properly mad as hell at what Floyd did to Manny. Manny was already frustrated during the fight and Roach was at a loss of words. Freddie had no answers to anything Mayweather was doing. Manny did not check the box stating that he had an injury so it must not have been severe.

When you have a injury like he claims there is no way you are going to fight 10 rounds without rubbing it or mentioning that it is bothering you. Manny is a fool, so is Roach for allowing themselves to look like JACK ASSES especially after all the $h!t they talked leading up to the fight. They are basically saying they lied to everyone to get paid but guys like you and the other Pacquiao fanatics cosign this dumb $h!t.

Comment

• This question for Pacquiao fans

What would you say had Floyd lost and then claimed an injury affected his performance? Be honest.

Take your time with that question.

If there is a rematch Floyd will humiliate Pacquiao at the negotiations table, he holds all the power. 90-10 split.

Comment

• Originally posted by FeFist View Post
              I don't think people fully appreciate what a gross lack of sportsmanship Pacquiao's camp is displaying right now. They are also displaying a losing mentality.

The fact that they are behaving this way shows that mentality losing was something they were never going to accept. It shows a tremendous amount of disrespect to competition when you're quite prepared to have a crack at it without accepting the risk of failure.

It's not bravery to face a task knowing that you will never accept coming up short.

In the history of the sport, how many fighters have you seen behave like this?
              Pacquiao is a poor sport

Comment

• The problem is Manny believed his own hype. He really thought he could beat Floyd Mayweather and when it didn't happen he panic'd. Dude has a huge ego.

Comment

• Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                  I don't think people fully appreciate what a gross lack of sportsmanship Pacquiao's camp is displaying right now. They are also displaying a losing mentality.

The fact that they are behaving this way shows that mentality losing was something they were never going to accept. It shows a tremendous amount of disrespect to competition when you're quite prepared to have a crack at it without accepting the risk of failure.

It's not bravery to face a task knowing that you will never accept coming up short.

In the history of the sport, how many fighters have you seen behave like this?

As far as I'm concerned, Pacquiao's name is synonymous with shame.
                  Juan Manuel Lopez when he blamed the referee for betting against him in the fight but he later apologized. Lets see what Manny does later but if he continues to dig this hole then he is done.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingFan82 View Post
                    Sergio's serious knee problems were well-known before the Cotto fight. His surgery was publicized, as was the fact that he was walking on crutches for a good while after the surgery. He was on record stating "I feared I would never walk again." He entered the ring against Cotto wearing braces on both knees.

To Sergio's credit, he never used his knees as an excuse. He admitted he was hurt by Cotto and even though it was obvious in the fight that his knees were not holding up, he accepted defeat like a champion.

Pacquiao on the other hand:
                    • Didn't inform the NSAC or USADA about an injury before the fight.
                    • Swore under penalty of perjury that he had not been injured.
                    • Threw punches and never showed any obvious signs of being in pain or injured.
                    • To my knowledge, never indicated to his corner that he was in pain or injured between rounds.
                    • Raised his arms while sitting on the stool and raised his arms in victory after the fight, something somebody with a torn rotator cuff would normally find painful if not impossible.
                    • Didn't seem to seek immediate attention for his shoulder after the fight was over.
                    • Only claimed an injury after he lost.

Sergio didn't make any excuses but reasonable fans, knowing about his knees, were willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Manny is making excuse after excuse but unreasonably expects the fans he wasn't forthcoming with to give him the benefit of the doubt.

The problem is trust. Given everything we already know, it's really difficult to trust anything that's coming out of Pacquiao's camp.

In my opinion, Pacquiao is a disgrace to boxing. He doesn't deserve to be compared in any way for any reason to somebody like Sergio Martinez.
                    for the most part I agree and unless or until PAC can fully explain everything with satisfactory answers (I honestly doubt he can) there is a huge cloud over boxing right now that he is hugely responsible for. On top of that, I see no need for a rematch because this rivalry is and in a year would be simply past it's expiration date. Not to mention the crap that still has me angry when he said 'god will deliver Floyd to me'. I'd like to hear someone give one good reason how that statement is not pompous and arrogant and warped. Till then I'm no longer a PAC fan.
                    Last edited by richardt; 05-05-2015, 08:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3Sun2 View Post
                      i bet if tupac was alive , manny would be his favorite fighter thats a fact !!!!!!! floyd has justin beiber walking him to the ring !!!! manny wouldve had 2 pac walking him to the ring !!!!!! and chances are he wouldve done a remix to Lalaban Ako !!!!! with lyrics dissing floyd !!!! hit em up part 2 !!!!!

Tupac did ring walks with Mike Tyson. He would probably do ring walks with Deontay Wilder.

Comment

Working...
                      X