Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you even call these guys elite level talent?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just imagine broner's bloody and sobbing face after fight with Margo

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
      Yeah you would.

Elite talent don't lose their belts in their second defense and get a draw with Julio Diaz.

Alexander is an established name and a former World Champion who unified 140 lbs and won a portion at 147 lbs and has beaten solid-top names (Maidana, Matthysse, Bailey, Witter). You can keep going on and on with it all you can, but Alexander is an elite talent.
      alexander got a gift decision in his hometown against lucas.Lucas beat his ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
        Yeah you would.

Elite talent don't lose their belts in their second defense and get a draw with Julio Diaz.

Alexander is an established name and a former World Champion who unified 140 lbs and won a portion at 147 lbs and has beaten solid-top names (Maidana, Matthysse, Bailey, Witter). You can keep going on and on with it all you can, but Alexander is an elite talent.

Comment

Devon was a nice, solid B fighter at his peak. And that time has passed him.

He was never an elite fighter, though.

Comment

Originally posted by betmen View Post
            too bad pac ruin him, margo would be tough test for all of this youngsters.

i agree with you none of tis pretender gonna survive prime Margo, thurrman maybe survive and win close decision but margo will make him past prime in just one night.

Just imagine broner's bloody and sobbing face after fight with Margo

Your avatar is all too familiar. Haha...

I actually think Margarito will crush Thurman as well. Guerrero made Thurman run the last 2-3 round of their fight. Margarito would made him run from the first round and he can't last a full 12 by running.

I see Thurman no different like an undefeated Cotto or Cintron or Martinez before Margarito took their soul.

A midget Bundu was giving Thurman problems even though Thurman won a lopsided decision.

Broner would be punch drunk after a fight with Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              Vargas was at 154, these are all welters
              Most of these guys are in reality 130-140 lbs guys... Just in 140 + 147 because thats where the $$ is

Comment

All possess different top class attributes but Not many have elite attributes the ones that stand out to me is thurmans mic skills, bradleys determination and heart, garcias ability to stay calm, khans speed.

Comment

I think the term elite gets thrown around a little too liberally these days.

Elite is reserved for the absolute cream of the crop. A+ guys. Now there are fighters out there who aren't A level guys but possess an elite skill or two, but that doesn't make them elite per se. To me, when I think of elite guys (at their peak), I think of guys like Floyd, Manny, Sergio Martinez, Ward, Froch, Rigondeaux, Wlad, etc.

And by the way, saying a guy isn't "elite" is not a dis on that fighter. Hell I think just being a C level fighter on the world level is a compliment. The vast, vast majority of guys who get into the sport and dream of making it big will never even sniff C grade status on the world level.

If you reach C level status on the world level -- you've already made it further than 95% of the profession ever will.

Comment

All of them are elite talents. Some of them just use their talents better than others while some lack the intangibles or just aren't polished in certain aspects of their fight game.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr 117-111 View Post
                      All of them are elite talents. Some of them just use their talents better than others while some lack the intangibles or just aren't polished in certain aspects of their fight game.
                      or maybe they just aren't good enough. I think it's a lot simplier than some make it out to be

Comment

Working...
                      X