Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you even call these guys elite level talent?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO Bradley, Broner and Khan have elite talent but they all don't perform on an elite level every time they fight.

Comment

Tito would have decapitated all of them. None of these guys are special. Mosely too destroys them. Since this is all there is, their suppose talents get inflated.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ406 View Post
        or maybe they just aren't good enough. I think it's a lot simplier than some make it out to be
        Nah they're all good enough. They make up the 1% who get to the world class level in boxing. Not everybody can be Floyd or Pac but getting big fights and winning titles are great accomplishments for professional boxers.

Comment

Why is Brook not on this list?

So are we talking about talent or physical attributes? Because I keep seeing Khan mentioned and I'm wondering what apart from his speed is elite? His power? His Defence?
          Last edited by PivotandRoll; 04-14-2015, 11:10 AM.

Comment

All of them do but it depends on your definition of elite within boxing. There are few if any guys outside of that lineup who could beat them. So ya. That's elite to me.

Comment

I voted for Khan and Broner. WHile Khan has the weak chin and Broner isn't professional out of the ring, I think they both have the potential to reach the elite level.

Comment

Originally posted by Chiboxing123 View Post
                After watching the garcia vs Peterson card this weekend. I realized something all these guys that are making runs at 140 and 147 aren't that special. I mean besides floyd and manny these guys fighting now are nothing special. I mean no mosley,de la hoya,trinidad,vargas what the hell has happened to these divisions. I don't even see any Vernon forest,ricardo mayorga or prime kostya tzu,or prime judah in this bunch. What we have now is a bunch of prime shamba Mitchell's being over rated and protected by there daddy Al.
                Now you know why Floyd is undefeated on paper

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  I voted for Khan and Broner. WHile Khan has the weak chin and Broner isn't professional out of the ring, I think they both have the potential to reach the elite level.
                  I say no to that and I'm a fan of Broner too. Khan has taken far too much punishment to ever reach the elite level, that left hook Julio Diaz landed, almost look like a spell was casted the way Khan went down.

Broner is who he is, a guy who puts too much emphasis on landing the counter shots all whilst not being fast on his feet. Thurman, Bradley or anyone who can box (Not Algieri or Malignaggi the way people would like to believe) beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                    I say no to that and I'm a fan of Broner too. Khan has taken far too much punishment to ever reach the elite level, that left hook Julio Diaz landed, almost look like a spell was casted the way Khan went down.

Broner is who he is, a guy who puts too much emphasis on landing the counter shots all whilst not being fast on his feet. Thurman, Bradley or anyone who can box (Not Algieri or Malignaggi the way people would like to believe) beat him.
                    You make very fair points. Khan can fight in a way that protects his chin. Broner can become more professional. Those are things you can teach a fighter to do.

I wouldn't bet that either would, but out of the people on this list, I'd want to train either of these guys because they have speed, reach, reflexes that simply can't be taught.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post

Believe it or not I think when all the smokes has clear and the field leveled, kell brooks will emerge the best of the bunch. He is definitely the most well rounded of his generation...

Comment

Working...
                      X