Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you even call these guys elite level talent?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Khan would expose thurman and even a Mauricio herrera

Comment

I think Lomachenko has elite level talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
        Yeah you would.

Elite talent don't lose their belts in their second defense and get a draw with Julio Diaz.

Alexander is an established name and a former World Champion who unified 140 lbs and won a portion at 147 lbs and has beaten solid-top names (Maidana, Matthysse, Bailey, Witter). You can keep going on and on with it all you can, but Alexander is an elite talent.
        No he isn't. He got gift decisions over Kotelnik (I scored the fight 109-119 for Kotelnik) and Matthysse. He also lost to Bradley and Porter.
        Last edited by VG_Addict; 04-14-2015, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
          Yes. He also has the chance to fight a really great list of opponents that if he beats them all would make for an ATG career.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shmurda View Post
            the fighters in the world that are truly elite floyd, manny, vlad, golovkin, ward, roman Gonzalez, probably kovalev and rigondeaux. these fighters would literally do well in any era.
            With a grand total of ZERO quality wins GGG is elite?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr 117-111 View Post
              Nah they're all good enough. They make up the 1% who get to the world class level in boxing. Not everybody can be Floyd or Pac but getting big fights and winning titles are great accomplishments for professional boxers.
              Emphasis on the bold because since Broner and Bradley's most recent losses .... what big fights/titles have they won? Zero

Carlos Molina/Emanuel Taylor and John Molina are not big fights

right now Broner is rated very high at Junior Welterweight .. despite having not beaten anyone in the top 10 ... how is that possible?

I tend to agree with the following - "Amir Khan is the only quality boxer you listed, the rest are all over rated, low skill, low athleticism, "

don't particularly care for the athleticism but right now I think guys like Broner/Garcia are just hiding behind good records

lets see how Broner looks vs someone in the top 10 @ 140

and if Bradley-Porter comes off, that'd be a good fight for Tim to re-estabolish himself and gain some much needed momentum

right now the only defense against these guys not being Elite/World Class is potential, which is pretty meaningless at the moment

I'm talking in ring accomplishments ... and ya'll's response is to cite "oh they could be better" or etc

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
                I agree. He has an incredibly high ceiling.

Comment

I only voted for Thurman, but I should have voted for Bradley as well but I hit submit & can't vote for him now.

Khan would be if he had a better chin. That's his huge weakness. His win against Alexander was very good, but Alexander is only a slightly above average fighter. He needs to beat better opponents to prove he's an elite fighter. Broner already lost twice in my opinion to Maidana & de Leon so it's hard to say he's an elite fighter. The rest are decent fighters, but nowhere near elite level.

Comment

DG may have peaked but he is still a top level fighter and has all the makings of a truly elite fighter.
                    Khan and Bradley are already elite.
                    The rest are at various stages I'm their careers

Comment

On this forum almost every fighter I see is underrated. Just not necessarily in relation to the other big names. But by themselves, almost always underrated. People here can't even appreciate a good solid contender for what he is let alone guys with real world titles on their record. It's either future ATG or overrated hype job. Everyone on this list is world class capable on their best night. No less. If that isn't special, special doesn't mean anything. It doesn't mean they're all top ten p4p fighters in the sport or anything, but these are all people better at what they do than you'd have to guess most of the people on this damn forum.

Comment

Working...
                      X