Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you even call these guys elite level talent?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    Khan, Thurman, Broner have elite level talent in the classic sense.

I'll throw Porter in there too
    . The rest don't have the talent, but might have something else. I.e. Bradley doesn't have any particular talent in my opinion, but is strong, fast and works hard.

Except Alexander - he's crap (sorry Khan fanboys).
    Yeah you would.

Elite talent don't lose their belts in their second defense and get a draw with Julio Diaz.

Alexander is an established name and a former World Champion who unified 140 lbs and won a portion at 147 lbs and has beaten solid-top names (Maidana, Matthysse, Bailey, Witter). You can keep going on and on with it all you can, but Alexander is an elite talent.
    Last edited by Box-Office; 04-14-2015, 01:49 AM.

Comment

Funny I was thinking Margarito would have taken many of these welterweight pretenders' soul over at the Margarito's thread.

He would have been the test if you are elite level.

Comment

Originally posted by Chiboxing123 View Post
        After watching the garcia vs Peterson card this weekend. I realized something all these guys that are making runs at 140 and 147 aren't that special. I mean besides floyd and manny these guys fighting now are nothing special. I mean no mosley,de la hoya,trinidad,vargas what the hell has happened to these divisions. I don't even see any Vernon forest,ricardo mayorga or prime kostya tzu,or prime judah in this bunch. What we have now is a bunch of prime shamba Mitchell's being over rated and protected by there daddy Al.
        Very true.

Trinidad, Mosley, Quartey Or prime Oscar would go through these guys like a hot knife in butter.

Vs Hearns or Leonard I seriously dont think a single active guy at 147 would even go the distance to be honest, maybe Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
          Yeah you would.

Elite talent don't lose their belts in their second defense and get a draw with Julio Diaz.

Alexander is an established name and a former World Champion who unified 140 lbs and won a portion at 147 lbs and has beaten solid-top names (Maidana, Matthysse, Bailey, Witter). You can keep going on and on with it all you can, but Alexander is an elite talent.
          One could also say it doesnt get KTFO by Danny Garcia.

Comment

Bradley is the best of that bunch now imagine him against Leonard, Hearns, Duran, Benitez, Napoles, Rodriguez, Basilio. Donald Curry would walk through every one of these guys.

Comment

Bradley beats everybody in that list.

And why isn't Khan in there?

Comment

Most on here don't even know what talent is lol

Comment

All of them are top class.

Some of them are elite level.

All of them would have been champ in most previous eras.

This is a troll thread.. Of the highest order.

Comment

Originally posted by StAlbansBoxing View Post
                    One could also say it doesnt get KTFO by Danny Garcia.
                    That "one" would be a banned account who is back with an alt.
                    Last edited by Box-Office; 04-14-2015, 04:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by -KULT- View Post
                      Funny I was thinking Margarito would have taken many of these welterweight pretenders' soul over at the Margarito's thread.

He would have been the test if you are elite level.
                      too bad pac ruin him, margo would be tough test for all of this youngsters.

i agree with you none of tis pretender gonna survive prime Margo, thurrman maybe survive and win close decision but margo will make him past prime in just one night.

Comment

Working...
                      X