Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you even call these guys elite level talent?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amir Khan is the only quality boxer you listed, the rest are all over rated, low skill, low athleticism, American no hopers like Keith Thurman

Comment

Originally posted by The Chancellor View Post
      Amir Khan is the only quality boxer you listed, the rest are all over rated, low skill, low athleticism, American no hopers like Keith Thurman
      I used to be a Khan fan but you must admit Khan was ktfo by Garcia and was beat by Peterson. Khan refuses to fight Porter, Thurman and Brook so he shouldn't be up there.

Comment

I think Thurman and Kell Brook are starting to separate themselves from the rest of the next generation Welterweights and guys who will be a problem after Mayweather and Pacquiao are done

Thurman really impresses me, he has not just the Power to put anybody at Welterweight lights out but he has the Boxing Skills and IQ to go with that Power which is going to make him hard to beat. He can put on a CLINIC like he did vs Bundu or he can slug it out like he did with Chaves.

After Thurman, Kell Brook has it as well, I think Kell Brook could be that next Complete Fighter if he continues to get better.

Bradley is not elite but Bradley is already in that 2nd half of the welterweight division along with JMM if he continues to fight which is right behind Mayweather and Pacquiao.

Comment

Elite is a top ten to top five all time fighter in his division!
          The only boxer that has those skills and talent right now is Rigo!
          Their are a few guys like Mayweather who have top skills in this era but they don't add up to an ATG Elite boxer!

Words like Elite and Great are ABUSED on this forum.
          Being a solid very good competitor is hard enough to develop into, the problem is that most boxing fans can't recognize the differences between very good and excellant. Unless someone teaches you Methods with Techniques how are you supposed to evaluate for them? You can't!!
          Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
            Their are a few guys like Mayweather who have top skills in this era but they don't add up to an ATG Elite boxer!

Being a solid very good competitor is hard enough to develop into, the problem is that most boxing fans can't recognize the differences between very good and excellant. Unless someone teaches you Methods with Techniques how are you supposed to evaluate for them? You can't!!
            Ray
            You are so full of it. I get that your old but its just not true that they were all better "back then".

Mayweather is ATG elite fighter with a contender for best defence of all time...

You are biased and it's obvious

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post

Ray
              Elite fighters - Manny and Floyd

Great fighters (A class) - Cotto, Sergio Martinez, Froch, Ward, GGG

Good fighters (B class) - Canelo, Bradley, Lara

Not all people on this forum DKSAB.

Comment

Very few are elite in the whole sport. Nothing wrong in having solid fighters around the same division.

Maybe Thurman in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  I think Thurman and Kell Brook are starting to separate themselves from the rest of the next generation Welterweights and guys who will be a problem after Mayweather and Pacquiao are done

Thurman really impresses me, he has not just the Power to put anybody at Welterweight lights out but he has the Boxing Skills and IQ to go with that Power which is going to make him hard to beat. He can put on a CLINIC like he did vs Bundu or he can slug it out like he did with Chaves.

After Thurman, Kell Brook has it as well, I think Kell Brook could be that next Complete Fighter if he continues to get better.

Bradley is not elite but Bradley is already in that 2nd half of the welterweight division along with JMM if he continues to fight which is right behind Mayweather and Pacquiao.
                  At the rate Kell is going he might not improve. I'll give him Dan because it was his mandatory but he has to keep the competition at a higher level instead of cashing it out so much

Comment

Keith thurman leading the poll shows me how many people DKSAB

Comment

Originally posted by The Chancellor View Post
                      Actually Amir is the only boxer in that list that is rated what he can potentially can do with the skills he has rather what he has really done.

Comment

Working...
                      X