Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should boxing implement a 13th round if and only if after 12 rounds fight is a draw?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
    well 11 rounds is only 1 more than non-title fights and we already have fighters doing 12 rounds for non-title bouts on occasion.

i wouldn't suggest anything past 13 because we've already toned it down from 15.

11 or 13 make sense because they would bring a drop in fights that end in a draw hence the odd numbered rounds.
    simply put, draws are a part of boxing and have been since it's conception. Deal with that fact or watch baseball, you'll have a victor every time out.

Sin city said it up there, even with 11,13,15 or whatever amount of rounds draws will still be possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      mike your lies are sooooooo tiresome and childish.
      sometimes we bicker Rockin' but you're still my second favorite fighter of all-time, it's all love bro

real talk

right behind B-Suth

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        sometimes we bicker Rockin' but you're still my second favorite fighter of all-time, it's all love bro

real talk

right behind B-Suth
        just another anonymous **** talker, you da man. But what you ever do?

Comment

you can insult me all you want Rockin' but I'll still always be a huge fan bro

now come here and give me a hug

Comment

I've always pondered this scenario and yea ... I'm all for it. I think it should be open scoring all throughout scoreboard posted in real time above the fighters heads so if the fix is in the judges can be ridiculed as it's happening to curb their BS ...,And yea. If it's a draw they go 13. I think it's the obvious solution.

Also the sport was 15 rounds for so long ... Odd number = less draws. Why would they have went from 15 to 12 instead of 13 in the first place ... Just stupid to begin with.

Comment

Mike D perfected his fighting style after the Sutherland Shell.. you seriously don't wanna fucc with the man. he's untouchable.

Comment

simply put, draws are a part of boxing and have been since it's conception. Deal with that fact or watch baseball, you'll have a victor every time out.

Sin city said it up there, even with 11,13,15 or whatever amount of rounds draws will still be possible.
                We all know draws will be possible no matter what but from an entertainment standpoint can you imagine what it'd be like in a big fight, everything on the line and the fighters knowing its a draw and you've got 1 round... 1 shot to put it all on the line and walk away with the win...

It would be high drama ... Probably the most dramatic "sudden death" you could see in sports.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                  Mike D perfected his fighting style after the Sutherland Shell.. you seriously don't wanna fucc with the man. he's untouchable.
                  rockin' don't know **** about that Sutherland shell

I also spent countless hours studying B-Suth's cat paw arsenal

rockin' don't want it...naw he definitely don't want it

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
                    We all know draws will be possible no matter what but from an entertainment standpoint can you imagine what it'd be like in a big fight, everything on the line and the fighters knowing its a draw and you've got 1 round... 1 shot to put it all on the line and walk away with the win...

It would be high drama ... Probably the most dramatic "sudden death" you could see in sports.
                    so for your entertainment fighters should risk their lives more? sudden death, it could end just that way.

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
                      Odd number = less draws. Why would they have went from 15 to 12 instead of 13 in the first place ... Just stupid to begin with.
                      truth truth

Comment

Working...
                      X