Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should boxing implement a 13th round if and only if after 12 rounds fight is a draw?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
    simply put, draws are a part of boxing and have been since it's conception. Deal with that fact or watch baseball, you'll have a victor every time out.

Sin city said it up there, even with 11,13,15 or whatever amount of rounds draws will still be possible.
    Yeah, but the odds of it happening on odd number rounds and no-draw rounds is a lot less.

Comment

Well, if you were expanding your empire, as you say, than you wouldn't be wasting your time on here. Expanding your empire! LMFAO! Knocking up dumbass girls does not count as 'expanding your empire'. ………...Rockin'
      This is getting juvenile. You have no idea how many acres of land and how much property I own lol

Here's the actuality, no amount of money or incentive offered to me, would make me want to switch places with you.

Nobody would rather be you, so remember that the next time you talk shlt and delusionally dream that you're all high and mighty for no reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toffee View Post
        It's pretty simple to me, a draw is a legitimate outcome. Why are we trying to fix it?

I'm guessing the problem people actually have is with the scoring. Well let's fix that instead!
        6 rounds a piece happens .

Comment

• Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
          This is getting juvenile. You have no idea how many acres of land and how much property I own lol

Here's the actuality, no amount of money or incentive offered to me, would make me want to switch places with you.

Nobody would rather be you, so remember that the next time you talk shlt and delusionally dream that you're all high and mighty for no reason.
          I'm a guy who is just like you, except that I don't pretend to know a sport when I actually know nothing of that sport. Simple as that...….Rockin'

Comment

It amazes me, it really does. How little some of the people on this forum actually comprehend the sport that they comment on.

As a fighter I would say first that I had signed a contract to fight 12 rounds, not 13 or 14 or until you are satisfied. I would then add that if you want to quadruple my purse for the fight to fight this extra round..........

Why do the fighters need to fight more for you? Either way you will beeitch in the forums about who won or lost no matter the outcome.

Fighters only have so many rounds in them and they hope to make the most of what is inside of them. After fighting 12 rounds, if it was a draw, chances are that these human beings are going to be battered and worn. To send them out for another round simply so that you can have a decision, and then ***** about it on an open forum, is just not worth it to them. In that condition that one round could drain 12 rounds out of a mans career, 20 rounds or even kill him.

Kid, what you watch on tv of this sport is not a video game, is not a movie and it is not even a game. It's a brutal sport that has definite consequences, these are real men risking their lives that you are watching.

Take your extra round a shove it!!!!
            Ok, you can have 13 2:45 rounds too.
            The 13th round is the tiebreaker .
            It also gives the puncher another round to win.

Should I even start spewing great fights that ended in the 13th round ???
            Arguello-Olivares ?
            Louis-Conn 1 ?
            Mike Rossman-Victor Galindez ?

Billy Conn would have beat Joe Louis .

Comment

I'm a guy who is just like you, except that I don't pretend to know a sport when I actually know nothing of that sport. Simple as that...….Rockin'
              I said that unlimited rounds would be dangerous to a fighter's safety and health because they are.

You misinterpreted what I said, disrespected and condescended against me when I said nothing incorrectly.

So who is the ignorant one in this situation? If you respect knowledge and intellect, then answer accordingly.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DARKSEID View Post
                Are you a moron? They made the change from 15 rounds to 12 rounds to protect the fighters.

Giving an unlimited number of rounds until a fighter gives upm without stoppages would be detrimental to fighters like Margarito for example who wouldn't give up until they suffered irreversible damage.

Imagine Margarito fighting pacquiao for 20 rounds or badou for 20 rounds because they didn't want to give up. Margarito already broke his orbital bone after 12, what more if they let the fight continue until he gave up.
                Title fights were reduced to 12 rounds after Roone Arledge complained to Jose Sulaiman, the Holmes-Cobb fight went over an hour and he had to pay local affiliates for air time .
                He told Sulaiman to reduce title fights to 12 rounds .
                That year, Limon-Chacon IV became the last 15-rounder under WBC.
                WBA and IBF ( USBAI then ) DID NOT FOLLOW WBC right away.
                When Payao Poontara and Jiro Watanabe fought to unify their jr bantam belt, We Be Asking stripped Watanabe of his title b/c he agreed to fight a 12-rd title fight .
                Of course We Be Corrupt had no problem sanctioning Duran-Hagler in a 15-rounder months after Limon-Chacon 4. Limon-Chacon was the fight of the year in 1982.
                The following year Chacon beat Edwards in a 12-rounder and that was the fight of the year that year as well.

WBA and IBF kept on with their 15 rounders until it just got too complicated .
                IT WAS CHEAPER TO AIR 12 rounders than 15 rounders .
                The move was more for business. NOT BOXER's SAFETY.

In 1983, WBC sanctioned the Kiko Bejines vs Albert Davila title fight after Lupe Pintor vacated his bantam belt . Kiko did not deserve the title shot . He was tko'd the year before . He was killed in that title fight . The 12 round schedule did not save his life .
                He was KO'd in the 12th round.

IBF's last 15 rounder was a classic between Calvin Grove and Maromero Paez . Paez rallied and knocked down Grove 3 times in the 15th round to eek out a close win.

12 round title fights are bull sh8 to me.
                The worst they could have done was to reduce it to 13 rounds.
                Boxers look so fresh after 12 rounds nowadays .

Comment

• Originally posted by OCPancho View Post
                  Title fights were reduced to 12 rounds after Roone Arledge complained to Jose Sulaiman, the Holmes-Cobb fight went over an hour and he had to pay local affiliates for air time .
                  He told Sulaiman to reduce title fights to 12 rounds .
                  That year, Limon-Chacon IV became the last 15-rounder under WBC.
                  WBA and IBF ( USBAI then ) DID NOT FOLLOW WBC right away.
                  When Payao Poontara and Jiro Watanabe fought to unify their jr bantam belt, We Be Asking stripped Watanabe of his title b/c he agreed to fight a 12-rd title fight .
                  Of course We Be Corrupt had no problem sanctioning Duran-Hagler in a 15-rounder months after Limon-Chacon 4. Limon-Chacon was the fight of the year in 1982.
                  The following year Chacon beat Edwards in a 12-rounder and that was the fight of the year that year as well.

WBA and IBF kept on with their 15 rounders until it just got too complicated .
                  IT WAS CHEAPER TO AIR 12 rounders than 15 rounders .
                  The move was more for business. NOT BOXER's SAFETY.

In 1983, WBC sanctioned the Kiko Bejines vs Albert Davila title fight after Lupe Pintor vacated his bantam belt . Kiko did not deserve the title shot . He was tko'd the year before . He was killed in that title fight . The 12 round schedule did not save his life .
                  He was KO'd in the 12th round.

IBF's last 15 rounder was a classic between Calvin Grove and Maromero Paez . Paez rallied and knocked down Grove 3 times in the 15th round to eek out a close win.

12 round title fights are bull sh8 to me.
                  The worst they could have done was to reduce it to 13 rounds.
                  Boxers look so fresh after 12 rounds nowadays .
                  I saw in a Ray Mancini documentary it was changed after the death of Duk Koo Kim in the 14th round.

Comment

• Obviously armchair cornerman cuts deep and triggers some people. LMFAO!! ………..Rockin;

Comment

• Originally posted by OCPancho View Post
                      6 rounds a piece happens .
                      And like I said, that's a draw. A draw is a legitimate result.

If two fighters fight out a draw, call it a draw.

Why don't we want the draw? If it's a draw?

If it shouldn't be a draw, and the issue is that the judges are bent, then that's a completely different issue.

Comment

Working...
                      X