Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should boxing implement a 13th round if and only if after 12 rounds fight is a draw?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
    so for your entertainment fighters should risk their lives more? sudden death, it could end just that way.
    That's pretty much what they do for a living to begin with ... Risk their lives for the entertainment of others that is. I'm sure a bonus system could be set up should sudden death come into play. If my memory serves me correct Perez vs Abdulosomav (I know that can't be right) was a ten rounder and look what happened. Would it have been savage if it was a 12 rounder? A lot of guys have died and didn't even go last 5 rounds ... It's just a freak thing. If the guys is on the brink of death at the end of the 12th he shouldn't have came out to start the 12th to begin with. At some point the corners have to be held responsible... If everything's on the up and up and you have a draw at the end of the 12th... 1 more round let's settle it !

Comment

I've seen worse ideas.

Props, triple S.

Comment

you guys act like it's just a game that you play........

so what do you do if it's even after the 13th, then the 14th, 15th and 16th rounds? make them fight more because you are not entertained unless you have a decision?

no commission or doctor would approve of it or sanction it. why would they not sanction it? because they know what they are looking at.
        Last edited by Rockin'; 04-13-2015, 03:52 AM.

Comment

No. Adding more rounds would be unhealthy to the fighters. How about adding a fourth judge to serve as a tie-breaker? If the 3 judges score a tie, the 4th judges' scoring card should then be read.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Child View Post
            So stop criticizing people for believing in a 13th round.

If it's ever approved come talk to me then, I wouldn't hold your breathe.

absolutely clueless.

this place can turn your stomach few times over. smh

Comment

so what do you do if it's even after the 13th, then the 14th, 15th and 16th rounds? make them fight more because you are not entertained unless you have a decision?

no commission or doctor would approve of it or sanction it. why would they not sanction it? because they know what they are looking at.
              Stop being ridiculous nobody said anything about adding a 14th 15th etc... He said add one more round to break the tie. It'd be highly unlikely at that point for it to remain a draw and if it that point it was that that's where it would stand... But yea ... Sudden death in. Oxone would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Street View Post
                No. Adding more rounds would be unhealthy to the fighters. How about adding a fourth judge to serve as a tie-breaker? If the 3 judges score a tie, the 4th judges' scoring card should then be read.
                a sensible idea atleast. but that would put to much power in one judges lap and different camps would fight over what kind of judge to put in there. one who favors their fighters style of fighting.

get over it guys, this is boxing and no matter how many rounds you fight draws are going to happen.

Comment

It would be exciting, but it's not like a draw is such a terrible thing. Sometimes it's the right result.

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
                    Stop being ridiculous nobody said anything about adding a 14th 15th etc... He said add one more round to break the tie. It'd be highly unlikely at that point for it to remain a draw and if it that point it was that that's where it would stand... But yea ... Sudden death in. Oxone would be cool.
                    what if it did happen?

ridiculous is a 13th, tie breaker, round.

they set a 12 round limit for a reason.
                    Last edited by Rockin'; 04-13-2015, 04:22 AM.

Comment

well the original idea is to only have a 13th round if the match is at a draw at the end of 12 rounds.

13th would be the tiebreaker.

Although if we made championship fights 13 rounds definitely then we would still allow for draws.

The first option is designed to remove a draw.

Comment

Working...
                      X