Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the Pac-Cotto fight arouse your suspicion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    145 is 2 lbs less than the max of the division. It made a difference.

We are talking pro fighters who go through 8 weeks of training and struggle to take off the last 1/4 or 1/2 pound and end up paying thousands of dollars because of it.

If you disagree, fine. Before you bring it up, yes it also made a difference in Floyd v canelo. Yes Cotto said it didn't. He then recanted it later.

The thread is about did the fight raise suspicion regarding Manny using PED's. Let's stick to the topic.
    cotto came in at 146 for clottey and 145 for manny. wheres the 2lbs u're talking about?

Comment

145 is 2 lbs less than the max of the division. It made a difference.

We are talking pro fighters who go through 8 weeks of training and struggle to take off the last 1/4 or 1/2 pound and end up paying thousands of dollars because of it.

If you disagree, fine. Before you bring it up, yes it also made a difference in Floyd v canelo. Yes Cotto said it didn't. He then recanted it later.

The thread is about did the fight raise suspicion regarding Manny using PED's. Let's stick to the topic.
      and since u wanna bring up the pro fighter part, athletes have to cut weight all the time, professional or not. so why are u acting like this is something totally "new" to cotto? LOL. fighters NOT making weight and having to pay a find is on them. they choose not to drop those pounds, its not because they couldnt.

Comment

145, 146, 147 it didn't matter that fight.

cotto looked good.

he started camp early and was in great shape.

if he looked bad or in bad shape then maybe but no.

he was keeping up with pac til pac started going over his jab.

he just got whooped by a better guy.

he wouldn't have been able to run so much and last so long if he was weightdrained.

Comment

No. I thought the outcome had more to do with Manny being better than Cotto and cotto having to come in at 145.

The refusing to test, asking to know when the cutoff was, and the flip flop before the JMM fight regarding testing aroused far more suspicious IMO.
          im suprise u're saying that. i thought cotto lost was due to not having a strong team with him? remember? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
            145, 146, 147 it didn't matter that fight.

cotto looked good.

he started camp early and was in great shape.

if he looked bad or in bad shape then maybe but no.

he was keeping up with pac til pac started going over his jab.

he just got whooped by a better guy.

he wouldn't have been able to run so much and last so long if he was weightdrained.
            he did good in round 1-2, then from there on out pac took over. had nothing to do with draining, etc. pac was just trhe better fighter.

Comment

Of course it did. That was just crazy. You've got to be clueless not to watch that fight again and be like...wtf? I had a strange feeling in my stomach watching it live.

But you know what? Having a suspicion doesn't diminish the win and that is a huge win for Pacquiao. Easily the second best of his career and knocking on the door of first.

Comment

Originally posted by One more round View Post
                I just rewatched that fight...Now first of all, I'm a pac fan and would hate it if he was on roids, greatest fighter of our era imo and a true legend.

But...The way he absolutely pounded on Cotto. Knocked him clean off his feet, beat him into submission and had him running..That just didn't seem possible for a guy of Mannys size. Only Margarito did that to Cotto and he was a considerably bigger man with possibly loaded gloves.

Thoughts on this? Just randomly thinking about it
                No suspicions. Margarito and Pac are different sizes and fight completely differently, but they have one thing in common, which is they are both aggressive fighters with a very high workrate. Cotto folded in both fights because he couldn't keep up with those two.

Cotto looked a lot better against Mayweather because he wasnt pressured and was able to fight at the pace he wanted to.

Comment

What you should bring up is those sealed failed Fraud exams. I believe it was 3. They were brought up during the civil suit by Pacmans team Against Mayflowers.

Comment

I wasnt suspicious.

I think what he did was a combination of speed, unorthodox technique, being unpredictable, natural power and timing.

Cotto was a big target, Pac is used to smaller faster fighters. Cotto tried to fight fire with fire. He got caught with shots he didnt see coming.

I find this quite plausible. What Pac did in that fight wasnt impossible.

Great fighters sometimes just show their greatness by surpassing our already high expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                      Not at all, Cotto made the same dumb mistake DLH, Hatton and Margarito did in thinking they could walk through and overpower Pacquiao.

It remains true today, but his opponents aren't stupid enough to try those tactics. If Maidana, Guerrero, Porter or Chaves tried to walk through Pac they get effed up badly.

Tim Bradley found out in the first half of both his fights with Pac, he couldn't walk down a opponent who possesses handspeed, power and lateral movement on another level to his.
                      This. Cotto has some boxing ability but by the time he realized he should use it instead of trying to overpower Manny, he was already beaten half to death. The fact that even in that state, he had some moderate success in the second half makes me wonder what would have happened if he had boxed from the start. Not saying he would have won but the fight would have been much less one-sided imo.

Comment

Working...
                      X