Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the Pac-Cotto fight arouse your suspicion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did the Pac-Cotto fight arouse your suspicion?

I just rewatched that fight...Now first of all, I'm a pac fan and would hate it if he was on roids, greatest fighter of our era imo and a true legend.

But...The way he absolutely pounded on Cotto. Knocked him clean off his feet, beat him into submission and had him running..That just didn't seem possible for a guy of Mannys size. Only Margarito did that to Cotto and he was a considerably bigger man with possibly loaded gloves.

Thoughts on this? Just randomly thinking about it

Originally posted by One more round View Post
    I just rewatched that fight...Now first of all, I'm a pac fan and would hate it if he was on roids, greatest fighter of our era imo and a true legend.

But...The way he absolutely pounded on Cotto. Knocked him clean off his feet, beat him into submission and had him running..That just didn't seem possible for a guy of Mannys size. Only Margarito did that to Cotto and he was a considerably bigger man with possibly loaded gloves.

Thoughts on this? Just randomly thinking about it
    Manny was weighing in the 140s since his Morales fights. When he fought Cotto he was in his absolute peak physical prime. 30 years old. Why was is not possible that a faster puncher could do that to Cotto? Cotto was never kknown for having a great chin or stamina.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm My Own BOSS View Post
      Manny was weighing in the 140s since his Morales fights. When he fought Cotto he was in his absolute peak physical prime. 30 years old. Why was is not possible that a faster puncher could do that to Cotto? Cotto was never kknown for having a great chin or stamina.
      Your signature gif is too rapey.

Comment

Not at all, Cotto made the same dumb mistake DLH, Hatton and Margarito did in thinking they could walk through and overpower Pacquiao.

It remains true today, but his opponents aren't stupid enough to try those tactics. If Maidana, Guerrero, Porter or Chaves tried to walk through Pac they get effed up badly.

Tim Bradley found out in the first half of both his fights with Pac, he couldn't walk down a opponent who possesses handspeed, power and lateral movement on another level to his.
        Last edited by Weebler I; 02-13-2015, 05:57 AM.

Comment

If not for the mayweathers no one even imagined

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
            Not at all, Cotto made the same dumb mistake DLH, Hatton and Margarito did in thinking they could walk through and overpower Pacquiao.

It remains true today, but his opponents aren't stupid enough to try those tactics. If Maidana, Guerrero, Porter or Chaves tried to walk through Pac they get effed up badly.

Tim Bradley found out in the first half of both his fights with Pac, he couldn't walk down a opponent who possesses handspeed, power and lateral movement on another level to his.
            Your right actually, It just befuddled me a bit how Cotto, a strong career WW, was just absolutely blitzed by Manny.

Margarito fight was different, he was way too slow to compete with Manny unless manny got tired late, which we all know never happens.

Comment

there is absolutely no question its very suspicious the way he suddenly lost so much after being publicly questioned but thats all it is at the end of the day is suspicion

Comment

Yeah the Cotto fight did arouse my suspicion. I'm still on the fence as to was it the catchweight or PED's or a combo... Manny made that decision harder by not wanting to fight Cotto again at 154lbs by insisting 150lbs or no. Manny has a bogus 8 division title and why not get a legit one by beating a guy you already beat before to gain a legit 154lbs title?

After Manny turned down the Mayweather fight due to the better random Olympic Style drug testing I was then convinced by him turning the fight down for the sole reason of the better testing was because he was a PED cheat. If you were a clean athlete with nothing to hide(especially if you have pride in being and proving you are a clean athlete) why not prove it, take the test, and possibly win? Then Manny started to look like he wasn't as fast, didn't hit quite as hard, and his stamina seemed to diminish... kinda suspicious especially since this decline coincided with the PED allegations.

Manny refused more stringent testing for the 3rd and 4th Marquez fights... Marquez wanted testing.

After Marquez gave Manny the nighty night right... now all the sudden Manny is ok with OSDT. And he wanted the OSDT for Bradon Rios lmao... coincidentally Manny's former strength and conditioning coach was working with Rios. Now Rios never fought at 147lbs before and Manny was just knocked out but Manny gets a pass for fighting a bum like Rios(and yes compared to an elite like Manny Rios is a bum) who was making his WW debut.

Now after using VADA for the Rios match Manny didn't do VADA for the Bradley rematch???... seems suspicious! Especially since Bradley was doing VADA. How come VADA was fine for Bum Bum Rios yet for Bradley2 the commission random testing was what Manny used? I'll let you think on that a while... very peculiar.

Manny fights Chris the **** Alqueeri at yet again a catchweight of 144lbs. Manny the guy campaigning at the higher weight(147lbs) for years actually requested the 144lbs catchweight to face the former 140lbs Algieri so that Algieri couldn't get a size advantage lol! And funny enough Manny fighting another bum making his somewhat WW debut was again fine with doing VADA testing.

Comment

that's why he's labeled as the greatest fighter of this era

Comment

Mayweather's act of throwing away clothes after only wearing them once actually began on this particular night when he left a mud pie in the bottom of his briefs while watching the fight at home.

Comment

Working...
                    X