Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the Pac-Cotto fight arouse your suspicion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't find it suspicious at all. Cotto was a beaten up fighter at the time, he was coming off pretty grueling fights against Margarito and Clottey. To many fans, Cotto was very vulnerable and Pacquiao was even the favorite in fans/media's eyes and the betting favorite. Majority of people predicted a TKO.

What I thought made Pacquiao look bad was refusing to take the tests. Not him stopping Cotto, or dropping old Mosley, or beating up washed up Margarito. Even to this day, I still don't think Pac was on anything. Pacquiao had great matchmaking, which backfired against Marquez. I really don't see what he did being all that phenomenal.

BTW, Floyd SR, or any Mayweather, were not the one's who brought up Pacquiao being on PED's. It was a writer.

Comment

• Good read: http://www.thesweetscience.com/news/...ome-with-cotto

Comment

• Originally posted by One more round View Post
        I just rewatched that fight...Now first of all, I'm a pac fan and would hate it if he was on roids, greatest fighter of our era imo and a true legend.

But...The way he absolutely pounded on Cotto. Knocked him clean off his feet, beat him into submission and had him running..That just didn't seem possible for a guy of Mannys size. Only Margarito did that to Cotto and he was a considerably bigger man with possibly loaded gloves.

Thoughts on this? Just randomly thinking about it
        no manny is just miles better than cotto he was alos pretty much as his peak around that time

Comment

• Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
          Yeah the Cotto fight did arouse my suspicion. I'm still on the fence as to was it the catchweight or PED's or a combo... Manny made that decision harder by not wanting to fight Cotto again at 154lbs by insisting 150lbs or no. Manny has a bogus 8 division title and why not get a legit one by beating a guy you already beat before to gain a legit 154lbs title?

After Manny turned down the Mayweather fight due to the better random Olympic Style drug testing I was then convinced by him turning the fight down for the sole reason of the better testing was because he was a PED cheat. If you were a clean athlete with nothing to hide(especially if you have pride in being and proving you are a clean athlete) why not prove it, take the test, and possibly win? Then Manny started to look like he wasn't as fast, didn't hit quite as hard, and his stamina seemed to diminish... kinda suspicious especially since this decline coincided with the PED allegations.

Manny refused more stringent testing for the 3rd and 4th Marquez fights... Marquez wanted testing.

After Marquez gave Manny the nighty night right... now all the sudden Manny is ok with OSDT. And he wanted the OSDT for Bradon Rios lmao... coincidentally Manny's former strength and conditioning coach was working with Rios. Now Rios never fought at 147lbs before and Manny was just knocked out but Manny gets a pass for fighting a bum like Rios(and yes compared to an elite like Manny Rios is a bum) who was making his WW debut.

Now after using VADA for the Rios match Manny didn't do VADA for the Bradley rematch???... seems suspicious! Especially since Bradley was doing VADA. How come VADA was fine for Bum Bum Rios yet for Bradley2 the commission random testing was what Manny used? I'll let you think on that a while... very peculiar.

Manny fights Chris the **** Alqueeri at yet again a catchweight of 144lbs. Manny the guy campaigning at the higher weight(147lbs) for years actually requested the 144lbs catchweight to face the former 140lbs Algieri so that Algieri couldn't get a size advantage lol! And funny enough Manny fighting another bum making his somewhat WW debut was again fine with doing VADA testing.

Comment

• look at who PAC has faced since

Rios- never been stopped. Has one of the best chins in boxing. PAC could have knocked him out if he wanted to

Marquez - never been stopped

Margarito- bigger guy. Only stopped vs Mosley before that fight

Algeiri- knocked down six times. Was not let out the cage. Survival mode

Mosley- great chin. Knocked down. Survival mode

Clottey- great chin. Survival mode

And if PAC was on something, he wasn't knowingly on it and Ariza was supplying it. Ariza is now with mayweather

Fl0mos remain a disgusting fanbase.

Comment

• Great read... but remember Pac****s don't like anything that doesn't fit their agenda.

Comment

• Originally posted by jas View Post
                look at who PAC has faced since

Rios- never been stopped. Has one of the best chins in boxing. PAC could have knocked him out if he wanted to

Marquez - never been stopped

Margarito- bigger guy. Only stopped vs Mosley before that fight

Algeiri- knocked down six times. Was not let out the cage. Survival mode

Mosley- great chin. Knocked down. Survival mode

Clottey- great chin. Survival mode

And if PAC was on something, he wasn't knowingly on it and Ariza was supplying it. Ariza is now with mayweather

Fl0mos remain a disgusting fanbase.
                Haha damn right he wasn't, that game plan still gets me man...
                But I agree with you man.

I think Cotto made the same presumption as DLH and Hatton. They thought they could take the little guys stuff and keep going. DLH got it wrong and had to resort to covering up in the corner on the verge of being stopped. Hatton got it wrong and got his head taken off. Cotto got it wrong and took to moonwalking after the halfway mark. And this isn't a jab at those guys coz I like them all, it's just what it is in my opinion

Comment

• Originally posted by stnuc=sdratcap View Post
                  Great read... but remember Pac****s don't like anything that doesn't fit their agenda.
                  and by that token, what then fits your agenda?

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
                    Mike Tyson asked Evander Holyfield to do the same when he hadn't before, for the biggest fight of the time. Did he cause it to go down the drain by asking? No. And why was that? Because Holyfield just did and beat him up. On topic, the asking alone doesn't make someone suspicious. The reaction is where the suspicion lies. You can argue the semantics but the fact is Pac's team made themselves look suspicious, as did Mosley previously. JMM also showed how it should be handled ("Sure, lets both do more stringent testing and fight"). If that had been the case, there would've been a fight, and, inkeeping with the topic, no suspicion.
                    The difference was there were already rumors that Holyfield was doing it. Did Tyson accused Holyfield of PEDs use before he asked for that test? Was it called Floyd style drug test errr I mean Olympic style drug test or Tyson style drug test?

If that had been the case, there would have been a fight? are you kidding yourself? Take the test and we have a fight, you say! Where are we right now? oh yeah Pac is with arum and Floyd don't work with arum.

Find me a single article that suspected Pac or even a hint that there was a suspicion of Pac PED use a day earlier than the mayweathers accusations.

Comment

• It was Nazim Richardson who was the first to approach Pacquiao as the "bigger" man in the ring, hence the fight plan to stick and move, which didn't work. 12-0 shutout. Before that only Clottey was the first to respect Pac's strength after tasting it himself. He advised Margarito that his biggest mistake is to think Pacquiao cannot hurt him. Margarito said "pfft" and that was the last time we saw him with two good eyes.

Comment

Working...
                      X