Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the Pac-Cotto fight arouse your suspicion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah the op will be one to make this type of thread lol

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
      there is absolutely no question its very suspicious the way he suddenly lost so much after being publicly questioned but thats all it is at the end of the day is suspicion
      maybe because he was older, fought tougher guys than cotto?

i don't see him losing "SO MUCH" after cotto.

he broke marg face, dropped mosley, hurt jmm, dropped algieri.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
        Not at all, Cotto made the same dumb mistake DLH, Hatton and Margarito did in thinking they could walk through and overpower Pacquiao.
        This is very true. People forget how Pac's move to 147 was seen at the time. An awful lot of people thought that he would get beaten down by the guys in those weight classes.

The Cotto and Hatton fights made it very clear this was not the case. And then in 2011, Pac faced two guys who spent the entire fight in reverse gear.

Cotto in some respects made the same mistake he made against Margarito. He dramatically overestimated his own strength and power and paid the price for it. By the time he figured this out against Manny it was too late.

Comment

Originally posted by Rath View Post
          If not for the mayweathers no one even imagined
          this was the fight that got the whole mayweathers shooked!!!!

"all of a sudden he's just gonna decide to walk thru cotto"

Comment

My suspicions were there even before this fight, I was very suspicious of Pacquiao since the Dela Hoya fight, because 8 months prior to that Pacquiao struggled with Marquez at 130 lbs, yeah he was 140+ on fight night but he looked clearly a much smaller than he was when he fought Dela Hoya, the weigh in of the Dela Hoya fight was unbelievable, Dela Hoya looked like someone who barely survived a concentration camp and Pacquiao looked like superman, much bigger and still ripped. You can't weigh in at 130 lbs in March and 145 in September naturally without looking a little bit flabby at 145 even if u used to cut weight at 130. This has never, ever happened in boxing especially from a guy who fought the first 28 fights of his career at 106 and 112 lbs! It always shows on you when you move up in weight no matter how much weight u used to cut.
            Normally when people move up in weight they lose some stuff and don't gain much if anything, the punching output normally decreases, the stamina decreases because of the carried weight, the foot movement becomes not so swift, speed could be affected too, the effect the punches have on the opponent decrease because the bigger opponents naturally take punches better and the effect of the punches landed on u are more because the naturally bigger guys punch harder. None of those disadvantages showed on Pacquiao at the much higher weights.
            Then in the Cotto fight, Cotto hit Pacquiao with big power punches and Pacquiao didn't even flinch, his ear drum was even busted during the fight and he just kept punching and punching and walking through the guy like the punches were nothing.
            The one punch knock out of Hatton was also weird to me because Hatton has been in there with people who were naturally much bigger and stronger than Pacquiao and he was never knocked out except against Floyd Mayweather who was bigger, stronger than him and he also wore him down before the knock out, but against Pacquiao he got touched and he went to sleep!
            Last edited by Ahmed_Ismail; 02-13-2015, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmed_Ismail View Post
              My suspicions were there even before this fight, I was very suspicious of Pacquiao since the Dela Hoya fight, because 8 months prior to that Pacquiao struggled with Marquez at 130 lbs, yeah he was 140+ on fight night but he looked clearly a much smaller than he was when he fought Dela Hoya, the weigh in of the Dela Hoya fight was unbelievable, Dela Hoya looked like someone who barely survived a concentration camp and Pacquiao looked like superman, much bigger and still ripped. You can't weigh in at 130 lbs in March and 145 in September naturally without looking a little bit flabby at 145 even if u used to cut weight at 130. This has never, ever happened in boxing especially from a guy who fought the first 28 fights of his career at 106 and 112 lbs! It always shows on you when you move up in weight no matter how much weight u used to cut.
              Normally when people move up in weight they lose some stuff and don't gain much if anything, the punching output normally decreases, the stamina decreases because of the carried weight, the foot movement becomes not so swift, speed could be affected too, the effect the punches have on the opponent decrease because the bigger opponents naturally take punches better and the effect of the punches landed on u are more because the naturally bigger guys punch harder.
              Then in the Cotto fight, Cotto hit Pacquiao with big power punches and Pacquiao didn't even flinch, his ear drum was even busted during the fight and he just kept punching and punching and walking through the guy like the punches were nothing.
              The one punch knock out of Hatton was also weird to me because Hatton has been in there with people who were naturally much bigger and stronger than Pacquiao and he was never knocked out except against Floyd Mayweather who was bigger, stronger than him and he also wore him down before the knock out, but against Pacquiao he got touched and he went to sleep!
              pac always struggle with marquez u idiot!! marquez fights nothing like cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by One more round View Post
                I just rewatched that fight...Now first of all, I'm a pac fan and would hate it if he was on roids, greatest fighter of our era imo and a true legend.

But...The way he absolutely pounded on Cotto. Knocked him clean off his feet, beat him into submission and had him running..That just didn't seem possible for a guy of Mannys size. Only Margarito did that to Cotto and he was a considerably bigger man with possibly loaded gloves.

Thoughts on this? Just randomly thinking about it
                No. I thought the outcome had more to do with Manny being better than Cotto and cotto having to come in at 145.

The refusing to test, asking to know when the cutoff was, and the flip flop before the JMM fight regarding testing aroused far more suspicious IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  No. I thought the outcome had more to do with Manny being better than Cotto and cotto having to come in at 145.

The refusing to test, asking to know when the cutoff was, and the flip flop before the JMM fight regarding testing aroused far more suspicious IMO.
                  dunn, cotto came in at 146 in his previous fight and won. u think that 1lb made a HUGE different?

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
                    dunn, cotto came in at 146 in his previous fight and won. u think that 1lb made a HUGE different?
                    145 is 2 lbs less than the max of the division. It made a difference.

We are talking pro fighters who go through 8 weeks of training and struggle to take off the last 1/4 or 1/2 pound and end up paying thousands of dollars because of it.

If you disagree, fine. Before you bring it up, yes it also made a difference in Floyd v canelo. Yes Cotto said it didn't. He then recanted it later.

The thread is about did the fight raise suspicion regarding Manny using PED's. Let's stick to the topic.

Comment

Manny is just better than Cotto. As much as Pac fans get on my damn nerves he's a great fighter and the PED accusations need to be put to rest until a positive test result or something of that nature comes up.

Comment

Working...
                      X