Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the Pac-Cotto fight arouse your suspicion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto did look good those first 4 rounds IMO. He was actually winning the 4th before the knockdown

Comment

Originally posted by One more round View Post
      I just rewatched that fight...Now first of all, I'm a pac fan and would hate it if he was on roids, greatest fighter of our era imo and a true legend.

But...The way he absolutely pounded on Cotto. Knocked him clean off his feet, beat him into submission and had him running..That just didn't seem possible for a guy of Mannys size. Only Margarito did that to Cotto and he was a considerably bigger man with possibly loaded gloves.

Thoughts on this? Just randomly thinking about it
      cotto's been hurt BADLY before in a couple of fights. Pac caught cotto with punches he didn't see coming. That's how he went down.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
        there is absolutely no question its very suspicious the way he suddenly lost so much after being publicly questioned but thats all it is at the end of the day is suspicion
        Lost so much how? Cuz he wasn't ko'ing people the f out? He only did that to hatton. And for those who will bring up he hasn't had a ko... I ask you this, out of those fighters, name ONE besides margacheat, that has BEEN KO'D before they fought manny.

Comment

My issue is.....didnt knowbody say nothing untill The mayweathers start whining

Cotto aint say nothing.....none of his opponents said anything......why is the guy who was being positioned to fight him...start accusing???

Prolly cuz he destroyed a guy people wanted Floyd to fight, and destroyed Hatton

But Yeah Mannys power against Marg. Clottey was suspicious LOL

Comment

4 the people who say Manny looked like shlt after "being off the PEDS"

Manny looked great in his 4th fight against Marquez and had him badley hurt, something he hadn't did since the first Marquez fight

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
              Yeah the Cotto fight did arouse my suspicion. I'm still on the fence as to was it the catchweight or PED's or a combo... Manny made that decision harder by not wanting to fight Cotto again at 154lbs by insisting 150lbs or no. Manny has a bogus 8 division title and why not get a legit one by beating a guy you already beat before to gain a legit 154lbs title?

After Manny turned down the Mayweather fight due to the better random Olympic Style drug testing I was then convinced by him turning the fight down for the sole reason of the better testing was because he was a PED cheat. If you were a clean athlete with nothing to hide(especially if you have pride in being and proving you are a clean athlete) why not prove it, take the test, and possibly win? Then Manny started to look like he wasn't as fast, didn't hit quite as hard, and his stamina seemed to diminish... kinda suspicious especially since this decline coincided with the PED allegations.

Manny refused more stringent testing for the 3rd and 4th Marquez fights... Marquez wanted testing.

After Marquez gave Manny the nighty night right... now all the sudden Manny is ok with OSDT. And he wanted the OSDT for Bradon Rios lmao... coincidentally Manny's former strength and conditioning coach was working with Rios. Now Rios never fought at 147lbs before and Manny was just knocked out but Manny gets a pass for fighting a bum like Rios(and yes compared to an elite like Manny Rios is a bum) who was making his WW debut.

Now after using VADA for the Rios match Manny didn't do VADA for the Bradley rematch???... seems suspicious! Especially since Bradley was doing VADA. How come VADA was fine for Bum Bum Rios yet for Bradley2 the commission random testing was what Manny used? I'll let you think on that a while... very peculiar.

Manny fights Chris the **** Alqueeri at yet again a catchweight of 144lbs. Manny the guy campaigning at the higher weight(147lbs) for years actually requested the 144lbs catchweight to face the former 140lbs Algieri so that Algieri couldn't get a size advantage lol! And funny enough Manny fighting another bum making his somewhat WW debut was again fine with doing VADA testing.
              Manny moves up weight, keeps his speed and power.... power pellets... peds... ariza shakes

Floyd moves up weight, keeps speed, agility, quickness, ?power?.... Hard work... dedication.... training.... tbe....

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                I wasnt suspicious.

I think what he did was a combination of speed, unorthodox technique, being unpredictable, natural power and timing.

Cotto was a big target, Pac is used to smaller faster fighters. Cotto tried to fight fire with fire. He got caught with shots he didnt see coming.

I find this quite plausible. What Pac did in that fight wasnt impossible.

Great fighters sometimes just show their greatness by surpassing our already high expectations.
                pac does better against bigger guys.

that's why ppl get shocked.

it's not that shocking really.

the speed difference is more pronounced and bigger guys come to him more. (NEVER FOLLOW A PUNCHER)

against smaller guys who are quicker and/or guys he has to chase is harder for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmed_Ismail View Post
                  My suspicions were there even before this fight, I was very suspicious of Pacquiao since the Dela Hoya fight, because 8 months prior to that Pacquiao struggled with Marquez at 130 lbs, yeah he was 140+ on fight night but he looked clearly a much smaller than he was when he fought Dela Hoya, the weigh in of the Dela Hoya fight was unbelievable, Dela Hoya looked like someone who barely survived a concentration camp and Pacquiao looked like superman, much bigger and still ripped. You can't weigh in at 130 lbs in March and 145 in September naturally without looking a little bit flabby at 145 even if u used to cut weight at 130. This has never, ever happened in boxing especially from a guy who fought the first 28 fights of his career at 106 and 112 lbs! It always shows on you when you move up in weight no matter how much weight u used to cut.
                  Normally when people move up in weight they lose some stuff and don't gain much if anything, the punching output normally decreases, the stamina decreases because of the carried weight, the foot movement becomes not so swift, speed could be affected too, the effect the punches have on the opponent decrease because the bigger opponents naturally take punches better and the effect of the punches landed on u are more because the naturally bigger guys punch harder. None of those disadvantages showed on Pacquiao at the much higher weights.
                  Then in the Cotto fight, Cotto hit Pacquiao with big power punches and Pacquiao didn't even flinch, his ear drum was even busted during the fight and he just kept punching and punching and walking through the guy like the punches were nothing.
                  The one punch knock out of Hatton was also weird to me because Hatton has been in there with people who were naturally much bigger and stronger than Pacquiao and he was never knocked out except against Floyd Mayweather who was bigger, stronger than him and he also wore him down before the knock out, but against Pacquiao he got touched and he went to sleep!
                  never heard of styles makes fights???

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
                    4 the people who say Manny looked like shlt after "being off the PEDS"

Manny looked great in his 4th fight against Marquez and had him badley hurt, something he hadn't did since the first Marquez fight
                    He also asked JMM to take VADA test and then rescinded the request when JMM said he would if Manny did as well.

Had any other boxer in the history of the sport did this Manny fans would question whether they were clean.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                      pac does better against bigger guys.

that's why ppl get shocked.

it's not that shocking really.

the speed difference is more pronounced and bigger guys come to him more. (NEVER FOLLOW A PUNCHER)

against smaller guys who are quicker and/or guys he has to chase is harder for him.
                      This is a very good post.

Comment

Working...
                      X