Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do People Forget Cotto Calls The Shots Against Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
    And since June 2013 he's only had 2.5 million buys with a $96 million purse during that time. After the cable companies take half you know what that leaves... $93 million. They lost $3 million (Showtime) and they didn't even cover Floyd's purse in that time they were $3 million short, stop bringing up the Canelo fight because you forgot about the Guerrero fight before that which cost Showtime money as well. We haven't even paid any undercard fights which are NOTORIOUSLY expensive for Haymon. Showtime is losing money, no amount of spin can change that Dunn.
    Did you forget about the gate? The gate which has been breaking records in revenue? And did you forget about all the sponsorship money? Theater revenue?

Comment

I just proved it below you, and that was at the highest reported buy rate for Floyd and assuming every purchase was HD and $75 which they most certainly aren't. Showtime has lost money based on numbers, it's a fact. Let's assume they break even, if that why Showtime made the deal to just have Floyd on Showtime so they wouldn't make any money at all? Floyd owe's his daddies at Showtime you'll see by who he fights next.
      you didn't prove anything. you haven't factored in any additional subscriptions in your equation. Showtime/CBS has an out clause. If Floyd wasn't meeting expectations and they were losing money as you claim, why haven't they exercised the out and terminated the deal?
      Last edited by The Big Dunn; 10-08-2014, 10:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
        Cotto vs Canelo in Vegas for Cinco de Mayo is bigger than them fighting at MSG for PR wknd.
        Explain.

I saw the cotto Martinez fight and MSG was off the richter scale. couldn't imagine that place with canelo on the other side.. The only plausible argument is that of ppv. I suspect Mexicans are buying in grooves on either date as will the Ricans. So either date I believe will work out just fine.

However, one thing is certain. If its on may 5 and up against a mayweather fight, then then PR weekend will be the bigger date as there wont be competition.

Comment

I just proved it below you, and that was at the highest reported buy rate for Floyd and assuming every purchase was HD and $75 which they most certainly aren't. Showtime has lost money based on numbers, it's a fact. Let's assume they break even, if that why Showtime made the deal to just have Floyd on Showtime so they wouldn't make any money at all? Floyd owe's his daddies at Showtime you'll see by who he fights next.
          The 2013 3rd qtr report below.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/cbs-co...210100716.html

Cable Networks OIBDA for the third quarter of 2013 of $261 million rose 15% from $227 million for the same prior-year period, primarily because of revenue growth, which was partially offset by higher programming costs (including those associated with the pay-per-view boxing event as well as an increase from the licensing and airing of Showtime original series).

Perhaps you are wrong?

Comment

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
            There's more evidence, reports, that he delivered 4.7 million, than reports showing that Showtime is losing money.
            Such as?... Links, please...

Comment

• Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
              You do realize that you're comparing a PPV amongst two of the biggest stars in boxing in the last 10-years (Cotto-Martinez) against a PPV with one if the highest stars presently (Canelo) and a virtually unknown boxer (Lara.) And the Cotto-Martinez PPV barely surpassed the Canelo one. Think about that.
              Just thought about it. The distinction is that no one thought cotto had a prayer in beating Martinez. I suspect that hurt interest. Canelo v lara both were young up and comers. Both had a good chance at winning, which builds excitement and interest. No one here was interested in cotto v Martinez including the media. So that's the difference. People cant stop talking about cotto due to what he did to Martinez. I have a strong su****ion that cottos next fight will do substantially better. Mark my words. It matters not who he fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu
                What evidence do you have that Floyd has delivered about 4.7 mil ppv's since May 2013?
                Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                ppv sales reported-that's why I said about-the numbers from Mayhem have not been confirmed. I'm not counting 925k either.

If you review CBS quarterly earnings reports in 2013-Showtime has been profitable because of the increased subscriptions. Ray Donovan and Homeland surely contributed to the subscriptions more than Floyd. that said, each report notes the profit from ppv's.

I think its been proven that SHowtime is not losing money.
                Now I'm feel relieved to find out that Ray Donovan and Homeland "helped" Floyd to make "4.7 mil ppv's since May 2013"... But what about dexter and Californication? Don't they count as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  Now I'm feel relieved to find out that Ray Donovan and Homeland "helped" Floyd to make "4.7 mil ppv's since May 2013"... But what about dexter and Californication? Don't they count as well?
                  not ppv sales-subscriptions to showtime. come on MD. lol.

As much as many at NSB want this deal to be a failure, it surely hasn't been. If it were as BOA and other posters claim, showtime would have surely pulled the plug. They may do so soon, especially with th new Haymon/NBC deal.

My only point is tangible facts clearly indicate profit. If there are any facts that say otherwise-I haven't seen them.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    The 2013 3rd qtr report below.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/cbs-co...210100716.html

Cable Networks OIBDA for the third quarter of 2013 of $261 million rose 15% from $227 million for the same prior-year period, primarily because of revenue growth, which was partially offset by higher programming costs (including those associated with the pay-per-view boxing event as well as an increase from the licensing and airing of Showtime original series).

Perhaps you are wrong?
                    Aha... The SHO growth (series included) was about $34 million -- from which Floyd alone took $32 million, right?
                    ... Yeah, SHO was way up in the green in that quarter... No doubt...

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                      Aha... The SHO growth (series included) was about $34 million -- from which Floyd alone took $32 million, right?
                      ... Yeah, SHO was way up in the green in that quarter... No doubt...
                      just one quarter MD. I think my point has been made and I don't want to derail thread any longer.

Comment

Working...
                      X