Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do People Forget Cotto Calls The Shots Against Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brick wall View Post
    even if cotto calls the shots it would be to his advantage to make the fight in vegas...less taxes for him to pay.

and if it's in vegas, cinco de mayo weekend is the best date to fight.
    Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
    Cotto doesn't care as much about the tax situation, as it has been proven time and time against with fights against Margarito, Trout, Martinez, etc. Cotto would rather fight at New York, where he's more at home and take a hit on tax, than to fight where he is a foreigner but enjoy some more cash. Cotto will only fight outside of New York if it's a situation where he doesn't have the leverage.

This is not one of those cases.

Don't forget judah, mosley, and clottey

Comment

• Originally posted by Daylyt View Post
      How you figure?
      Because it's Cotto, and he's Canelo! That's why. mayw Cotto pacq , hell even Marquez all were , have been, or would be the A side against canelo.

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
        Cotto did not fight Margo in may..they fought in June and December
        my bad, but they fought in vegas, not NY...

Comment

• Originally posted by sbbigmike View Post
          According to Espinoza the Lara fight did 230, while Cotto did around 350K.....

I cant imagine Canelo's stock rising after that shyt performance, there was a reason HBO was trying to stick him on regular tv...............
          Thats what happens when u fight a cuban marathon runner.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
            I just realized location will probably be one of the roadblocks
            I've been saying that for a while. If the hype gets any bigger, they're going to marinate it some more and keep making people fools to watch them fight against easy opponents(more noticeably Cotto).

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
              I've been saying that for a while. If the hype gets any bigger, they're going to marinate it some more and keep making people fools to watch them fight against easy opponents(more noticeably Cotto).
              where do you think the fight will happen at vegas or msg?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
                where do you think the fight will happen at vegas or msg?
                I don't see either budging too much money for the other to fight in Vegas or Cotto's backyard. So it might not even get made.

Comment

• Originally posted by ManOfVictory View Post
                  Thats what happens when u fight a cuban marathon runner.
                  Lesser fighters have figure out Lara and beat on him far easier than this so called elite ppv fighter..........

People is simply tired of Canelo and is no longer believing the hype

Comment

• Cotto is going to get what he wants, the fight will happen on Puerto Rico Independence Day weekend at Madison Square Garden. Canelo will take the fight or Cotto can walk to fight someone like Gennady Golovkin or even Floyd Mayweather in a rematch. Cotto's team is right, Canelo will not be able to dictate the terms to Cotto, it's vice-versa.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
                      And who is Canelo going to fight making more money than Cotto? It's an irrelevant topic, both are the highest payday for each other aside from maybe Mayweather and only Cotto has a realistic shot in a rematch.
                      I still imagine that Floyd could offer Cotto about 15 million (or even more) for a fight at 154 (that includes the 160 lineal belt)... But I don't know just who would promote Floyd for suh fight on Showtime...

Comment

Working...
                      X