Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you actually fell for Broner's hype?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Inkanyamba View Post
    You do understand he's only 23 years old right? He still has tons of time to reach P4P stardom. He's already transcended into a boxing star. He just needs to work on his defense a little bit.
    lol this guy's avatar/name/sig/everything and we're supposed to be surprised you love broner and hate GGG/Kovalev

just say it chicken

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
      It was in the Rees fight I changed my mind. So, right after Demarco did you fall for it?
      No man...I still remember Glen McCrory on Skysports (he's an English commentator/analyst) claiming that Broner was better than Floyd and that he would be one of the greatest ever.

But people tend to forget...this was DeMarco, a good fighter with limited ability. Broner took him apart but it wasn't like Ali beating Liston or Pacquiao embarrassing Barrera.

I literally could not believe the Broner hype after the fight, media pundits and forum users, that **** was ridiculous lol I think people were ranking him top 5 or 6 P4P.

Comment

I absolutely didn't. I was dog $h!t surprised at the amount of posters who actually did. I preached, yes I did. I knew the minute Broner got into the ring with someone his size who had power, he'd get undressed.

Dude tiny Gavin Reese put hands on Broner until Broner's massive size caught up to him. It's one thing to get hit from lightweights, it's another thing entirely to get hit from heavy handed welterweights. I saw his undressing coming years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
          I won't lie that for a second after Demarco I thought ok this guy is going places, however after Rees I changed my mind, but point being I did fell for the hype for a time being.
          I think he's got a lot of talent I just don't think he has the work ethic. If someone can get him to take his craft seriously in and out of the ring he will be ok.

He hasn't performed at the level of his hype.

Comment

i am a broner fan .

i dont think he's being serious with a lot of his antics

he's just trolling

#troll recognise troll

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
              i am a broner fan .

i dont think he's being serious with a lot of his antics

he's just trolling

#troll recognise troll
              LOL

But I think Broner is still a good fighter but he is more suited to 140lb and not a future great. He needs to try and ditch the whole shoulder roll crap too, it only works if you have sharp reflexes and he doesn't and it's a tactic that severely restricts offense.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                And all of the sudden 76% is like "NO WAY. I KNEW HE WAS A HYPE JOB ALL ALONG".

Man please.
                There's a difference between not being sold on him and "knowing he's a hype job all the long".

I thought he was talented but overrated as hell because he was untested. The fact that people were calling the next Mayweather was a joke. Imagine what a 22-23 year old Mayweather would have done to do a guy like PDL. Broner looked clueless against him and he clearly lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  I absolutely didn't. I was dog $h!t surprised at the amount of posters who actually did. I preached, yes I did. I knew the minute Broner got into the ring with someone his size who had power, he'd get undressed.

Dude tiny Gavin Reese put hands on Broner until Broner's massive size caught up to him. It's one thing to get hit from lightweights, it's another thing entirely to get hit from heavy handed welterweights. I saw his undressing coming years ago.
                  That is when I changed my mind right away, but it was just his performance against Demarco where he took the belt "off" the champ and not a vacant title and yes I realize he was a limited fighter, but Broner too was a young kid, so I thought may be things will go only up and up from here.

Comment

broner doesn't deserve the hate he gets

why do people dislike him?

because he hypes himself up for being better than he actually is?

he jumped up 2 weight classes and fought maidana, stood there and showed tremendous heart and disgraceful people threw stuff at him and broner wont be fighting in texas again and rightly so

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                      broner doesn't deserve the hate he gets

why do people dislike him?

because he hypes himself up for being better than he actually is?

he jumped up 2 weight classes and fought maidana, stood there and showed tremendous heart and disgraceful people threw stuff at him and broner wont be fighting in texas again and rightly so
                      I personally don't hate him at all. I actually love his one liners, but he can't back it up. I also think people get carried away with the hate against Broner, because it is the hip thing to do.

I'm speaking entirely on boxing basis and not his personality. There is no denying he was being over hyped as the next big thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X