Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you actually fell for Broner's hype?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learning Methods & Techniques from a very good trainer and getting in condition physically & mentally are two different assignments.
    Broner has the talent and skills to compete on a high level but developing a ring IQ is different from having an adult approach to ones life.
    Now we'll see what Broner is made of, coming off a defeat is the ultimate test for all fighters. If he wants to be a top flight fighter its his time to grow up.
    Ray.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inkanyamba View Post
      He was never over hyped to the point of a GGG or Kovalev type. In fact he had a lot of haters from the very start. I remember when people were making fun of his drawing power but look at him now. Broner never had that much hype behind him, it's just that people wanted to make a huge deal out of him losing so it seemed that way. If it was anyone else that night against Maidana, they would have been labeled a warrior for going all 12.
      we get your hidden agenda and quite frankly it is getting old. we get it you ....hate a certain ethnic type, deal with your fear and hatred and try and become a better person, because as of now you're a failed human.

Comment

• I've been wrong about boxing plenty of times. Adrien Broner was one of those I called right, and right from the start.

I don't even take that much credit for it, because to me, it was blindingly obvious he wasn't that good, it was just that people seemed to get swept away in momentum of it all. It was like people were so desperate to anoint a successor to Floyd. But when I saw his style, it was like such a bad rip-off of the Floyd style. And in my head, I could not imagine an elite, p4p fighter being one who has ripped off his style from another, and has little identity of his own. He reminded me of those dudes on YouTube who can do brilliant impressions of a prime Tyson but who would probably get blasted out in clubfights.

Boxing is such a difficult, cerebral sport, that at the elite level, your boxing identity can't be one based almost exclusively ripping off another fighters style. Because when you're in trouble, you don't have your own solid identity and structure to fall back onto. Even when he was getting hit, he was doing that half-smile, head-shaking thing Floyd does.

DeMarco was the one fight where I questioned if he was better than I thought. That fight, everything came together. It was a really good performance against a decent fighter. But I was shocked when people were actually saying he had ATG potential. This isn't me making this up, the poster on here called SkillzPayBills said this. It was kinda stunning and crazy to me to see people hype him to the heavens.

Ponce, Rees, Paulie. Even that Argentinian dude he fought (who looked one of the worst fighters I've seen headline a HBO card) was causing him problems. The evidence was stacking. People say Canelo is a hype monster but he blasts out all over-matched opponents.

To be honest, I now think I might have under-estimated how limited Broner actually is. We know he can't fight well against fighters with good legs and activity but he got blasted out by a pressure fighter too in Chino. He would get wrecked against Lucas. Porter and Thurman would annihilate him. His power (which was often fight-changing at 130/135) hasn't carried up. We know he hasn't got ring IQ. We know he is emotionally immature and unstable. We know he doesn't lead a great healthy life outside boxing.

He is not going to have a great career. Honestly, I think he's going to be that guy we sadistically enjoy getting his ass beat in big fights.

Comment

• i thought he was a top quality lightweight but i knew he wouldn't fare well in the divisions above that.

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
            He lost 1 fight..in his 4th division
            Maidana, Paulie and Ponce add up to 3 and not 1 by any stretch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jupiter Maximus View Post
              we get your hidden agenda and quite frankly it is getting old. we get it you ....hate a certain ethnic type, deal with your fear and hatred and try and become a better person, because as of now you're a failed human.
              Yeah and this is coming from a guy who said Collazo has a heart cuz he is a Rican from BK and Khan has none cuz he is a P@ki. You should take your own advice it seems.

Comment

• Never fell in to the hype.
                During the PDL fight I realized he was very limited.
                His gameplan of laying on the ropes trying over and over to land his check hook wasn't very impressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
                  Maidana, Paulie and Ponce add up to 3 and not 1 by any stretch.
                  Ouch

Comment

• I never fell for it.

I always knew he would be in trouble with a big puncher.
                    As much as he was getting hit with punches from Gavin Rees and Paulie I told people that if they had snap, Broner would be in trouble.

But nooo, the fan boys said he was allowing them to hit him because he knew they had no power.

I always knew he was defensively weak.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      Is he still going to be Fighter of the Decade?
                      5 years are left in the decade so who knows

Comment

Working...
                      X