Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you actually fell for Broner's hype?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
    In the Rees fight it was Round 1 & 2, where Gavin got in some nice shots and I thought, what if this was a fighter of Broner's size with a pop? Then comes Paulie and he semi-proves my theory cuz he was the same size, but no power. Then came Maidana and wrecked him to bits because he was a proper WW and had power.

So, yeah I'm with you that he fooled me for a time being.
    yes, rees landed some nice shots. and so did molina, which is alarming i think, because he hasn't shown any progress at all. lets see what's next, maybe another tune up (?)

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      I didn't fall for the 'hype' although I thought he was a good fighter and pretty entertaining, still is IMO, he'll just never be elite. Leading up to the Maidana fight he could have already had 3 losses/draws (Quintero, Ponce and Paulie) so the signs were there if you were paying attention. And let's be honest, the only person truly hyping up Broner was Broner himself (and maybe Larry).
      Great post other than him losing to Quintero and Paulie. Ponce was close but Broner edged it. There really wasn't as much hype behind Broner as people make it out to be. And of course they exaggerate it on purpose to make his loss seem bigger than it really is. But all in all the hype surrounding Broner has never reached the levels as GGG, Kovalev or Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkanyamba View Post
        Great post other than him losing to Quintero and Paulie. Ponce was close but Broner edged it. There really wasn't as much hype behind Broner as people make it out to be. And of course they exaggerate it on purpose to make his loss seem bigger than it really is. But all in all the hype surrounding Broner has never reached the levels as GGG, Kovalev or Pacquiao.
        you are seriously comparing manny with GGG and kovalev?

Comment

After the Demarco fight I was highly impressed. After the Reese fight, I put him back down to earth in terms of expectations. That said, I picked Broner to beat Maidana.. but I think that was more of me underrating Maidana rather than overrating Broner.

You know who I did fall for, though? Berto! lmao

Comment

Broner has great skills set but he just dosent throw enough. He might end up like zab Judah.

Comment

I was still waiting for him to be tested before I could accept him. There are even a few popular fighters out there still that I feel have not been tested. A few of them are champions. I rarely jump on any bandwagons anyways, because most other fans join in before a fighter is proven.

Comment

Originally posted by king4oranges View Post
                Broner has great skills set but he just dosent throw enough. He might end up like zab Judah.
                He probably will, but a Prime, focused Judah would take him to school. The shot Judah of now would still probably get robbed out of a decision.

Comment

I thought most people overrated him, but I must have overrated him a little myself, because I thought there was a 55-60% chance of him beating Maidana.

Everyone talked of his speed, but I never saw much evidence of it. Also, his reflexes are far from shit hot, especially for such a young man. He has power but doesn't adopt a style where it can be properly utilised.

He's not p4p top 10 material, but he can still be a good fighter on the level of, say, Trout or Kessler.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkanyamba View Post
                    You do understand he's only 23 years old right? He still has tons of time to reach P4P stardom. He's already transcended into a boxing star. He just needs to work on his defense a little bit.
                    So I bet you support Canelo just as much. Or is he the wrong shade?

Comment

Always disliked Broner for the way he carried himself. Gavin Rees was landing the overhand right repeatedly & that fight was a huge sign that Broner isn't what he's being made out to be. I think even before Maidana kicked his a$s, Paulie did a decent job of exposing him.

Comment

Working...
                      X