No announcement yet.

The Official Shawn Porter-Kell Brook Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Heavyfist View Post
    Good god, do you guys not read the boards?

Lacedup, I've seen you on MULTIPLE boards where I said there is a BIG size difference, and that Porter is very small for a welter at 5'5.

But I guess most of you aren't interested in a an exchange of ideas, just impulsive anger and being over opinionated.

I don't see how Porter is going to win. Certainly not by dismantling and KOing Brook early as so many of you repeatedly suggest without a hint of any reasoning.
    I know Porter is short, but he's very stocky and has a big upperbody. I always knew Kell was bigger though. Americans seem to have the idea that Brook is a small WW, when in fact he's huge.

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    Porter is stocky and rehydrates to Super Middleweight. Let's see how they look at tomorrow's weigh in.
    Kenny Porter says Shawn doesn't go above 12 pounds of fightweight. Regardless, Johnny Nelson says Brook goes down from 13 stone. That's 180 pounds or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      He started out at 160 I believe? But Brook is bigger. Way bigger. I was surprised the difference was that huge. Look at the head to head. Brook looks mean and ready.

I can't believe the guy has me believing.
      Whoever that ***in ****house is that keeps barking needs to seriously be put down.

Comment

• That's Anthony Dirrell's ******ed self-named "hypeman" 'Dog' or some shyt.

Final press conference:

Comment

• The longer the fight goes on, lesser the chance of Brook winning imo. He gassed out bad in the Jones fight and he has to cut a lot of weight to make 147. We've seen it with Canelo, where his stamina looks mediocre at 154 but looked noticeably better at 155 vs Angulo and Lara.

Comment

That's Anthony Dirrell's ******ed self-named "hypeman" 'Dog' or some shyt.

Final press conference:

I didn't even see Porter behind that podium until he stood up

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              I didn't even see Porter behind that podium until he stood up
              I know.

I'm still suprised at how much bigger brook is. He looks about 4-5 inches taller.

Comment

• Brook will nail Porter early and then proceed to mercilessly tag him at will with clean, concussive shots until the referee stops the fight.

Comment

Devon is not better than Brook and styles make fights. Devon can't handle being swarmed he has no inside fighting ability what so ever. Hes a bog standard, run-of-the-mill, one-handed southpaw with no pop. The only time hes ever impressed was a gimme over Maidana not accustomed to the weight.

Porter is very limited on the outside and inside. Just because he bullied, roughed up two very small, weak guys on the inside doesn't mean he is this great inside fighter. I'd argue he was better at mid-range than in close. He is a mid-range hooker not this great inside fighter he is being made out to be.

His whole inside game consists of keeping his head dead center, holding and clubbing. People assume he will have his way with Brook inside, assuming he can even get inside because all he does is charge forward in straight lines. Brook isn't going to pull straight back or lay against the ropes, he will land that uppercut at will, push him back or put the left hook behind it and pivot out.

He has too many tools to fall into Porters game. If Brook is Brook he wins this fight, easily.

Porter is bunk.
                  Brook has no inside fighting ability what so ever either though.

Brook will pull straight back, he always does. If he's under pressure he'll lay on the ropes aswell.

Comment

Is Porter another Jeff Lacy? Yeah he has beaten two alright fighters but in the sense hes another heavily muscled, stocky, thick necked aggressor with real little ability hyped too death by the American media?

I genuinely struggle to believe most fans backing Porter have even seen Kell Brook fight or only watched Jones 1.

The irony of a Porter supporter claiming Brook has bad balance, shoddy footwork etc

*spends 30 seconds pointlessly bouncing* charges straight in with two throw away left hands & a telegraphed right. Falls into the clinch & works freehand to the body whilst still ploughing forward.
                    Breaks, resets, repeats.

Again I will go on record, Brook will pick this guy apart. If anybody is getting drilled in 1-4 its Porter.
                    I can't believe he has so many amateur fights, he looks like a typical very crude 30 amateur fight novice with no fluidity.
                    Porter has beaten decent fighters.

Lacy never did that.

Comment

I know.

I'm still suprised at how much bigger brook is. He looks about 4-5 inches taller.
                      bwahahaha. porter has fought plenty of guys thats 5'9".
                      alfonso gomez,whos alot stronger then brooks, patric johnson,Adjaho and others. everyone else he fought was 5'8".
                      every fight porter has fought his size is brought up.

Comment

Working...
                      X