No announcement yet.

The Official Shawn Porter-Kell Brook Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    Is Porter another Jeff Lacy? Yeah he has beaten two alright fighters but in the sense hes another heavily muscled, stocky, thick necked aggressor with real little ability hyped too death by the American media?

I genuinely struggle to believe most fans backing Porter have even seen Kell Brook fight or only watched Jones 1.

The irony of a Porter supporter claiming Brook has bad balance, shoddy footwork etc

*spends 30 seconds pointlessly bouncing* charges straight in with two throw away left hands & a telegraphed right. Falls into the clinch & works freehand to the body whilst still ploughing forward.
    Breaks, resets, repeats.

Again I will go on record, Brook will pick this guy apart. If anybody is getting drilled in 1-4 its Porter.
    I can't believe he has so many amateur fights, he looks like a typical very crude 30 amateur fight novice with no fluidity.
    Porter has beaten decent fighters.

Lacy never did that.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      I know.

I'm still suprised at how much bigger brook is. He looks about 4-5 inches taller.
      bwahahaha. porter has fought plenty of guys thats 5'9".
      alfonso gomez,whos alot stronger then brooks, patric johnson,Adjaho and others. everyone else he fought was 5'8".
      every fight porter has fought his size is brought up.

Comment

• Originally posted by `STEELHEAD View Post
        bwahahaha. porter has fought plenty of guys thats 5'9".
        alfonso gomez,whos alot stronger then brooks, patric johnson,Adjaho and others. everyone else he fought was 5'8".
        every fight porter has fought his size is brought up.
        You're joking, right? I would hope so.

I'm not saying it makes me believe more in Brook, I'm just saying I was shocked at how much bigger Brook is.

I also think he's 5'10. He's the same height as Khan who claims to be 5'10.
        Last edited by LacedUp; 08-14-2014, 07:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Porter has beaten decent fighters.

Lacy never did that.
          I can't help but shake the feeling that Porter's resume isn't as good as it's made out to be.

Not saying he's not good, but Alexander and Paulie are not as good as Brook. I wouldn't even call them world level. Certainly not at Welterweight, anyway. Brook just needs to prove that he's better then they are.

Comment

I can't help but shake the feeling that Porter's resume isn't as good as it's made out to be.

Not saying he's not good, but Alexander and Paulie are not as good as Brook. I wouldn't even call them world level. Certainly not at Welterweight, anyway. Brook just needs to prove that he's better then they are.
            I agree entirely but Porters career already is far more impressive than Lacy's.

Lacy never even beat a decent fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              I agree entirely but Porters career already is far more impressive than Lacy's.

Lacy never even beat a decent fighter.
              True, he was a complete hype job.

Comment

• I expect a close fight. Porter is a rough fighter but I think that Brook may have enough skill to neutralize some of his attacks and plus, I believe he has some decent pop to his punches. My guess is that Porter wins a close fight in most of the fans' eyes but somehow one judge will have him winning nearly every round............Atlas goes on a terrible rant on the next FNF.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  I expect a close fight. Porter is a rough fighter but I think that Brook may have enough skill to neutralize some of his attacks and plus, I believe he has some decent pop to his punches. My guess is that Porter wins a close fight in most of the fans' eyes but somehow one judge will have him winning nearly every round............Atlas goes on a terrible rant on the next FNF.
                  "Atlas goes on a terrible rant on the next FNF."

YEAH!

Comment

I'm not sure Brook would beat Alexander and Alexander would proabaly beat Porter in a rematch.

As far as this fight I think Brook is the more skilled boxer and should be able to outbox Porter but at the same time I don't know about Kell Brook's heart. How will he deal with Porter's aggressive style? Porter will try to steam roll him. This fight will tell us a lot about Brook cause Porter will test his chin stamina and overall toughness.

Comment

• Originally posted by `STEELHEAD View Post
                      "Atlas goes on a terrible rant on the next FNF."

YEAH!
                      Who is Atlas picking in this fight?

Comment

Working...
                      X