• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• :
    Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
    You must be joking.

Fury won almost every round.

Reposting this, however you must be joking if you really think it was a lopsided fight even Wlad winning only one round..you claim to even have seen it twice..most on here I believe have only seen it once based on some of the blown out of proportion descriptions on here I think they also had a few when they watched it....

By Jeff Powell For Mailonline

Published: 19:21 EST, 28 November 2015 | Updated: 22:45 EST, 28 November 2015

Tyson Fury ended the decade long reign of the great Wladimir Klitschko with a display of astonishing nerve and virtuosity – just as he said he would.

Despite clearly getting the better of the 39-year-old Ukranian the decision was never guaranteed with the fight taking place in Germany.

But the judges gave Fury the nod that he deserved with unanimous cards of 115-112 twice and 116-111, and he was leading throughout the fight on Sportsmail's Boxing correspondent Jeff Powell's scorecard - and he scored it 115-113 at the end in favour of the British fighter.

The Gypsy King took the first three rounds to take the fight away from the champion in his own backyard and put him on the back foot.

Fury answered the first bell by racing across the ring and had the best of the early exchanges, landing some exploratory left hooks. He also landed some jabs between feinting and making Klitschko miss and won the first round surprisingly comfortably.

The Briton was light on his feet and showed good hand speed to continue to better Klitschko.

The Ukranian came back to edge the fourth round and then landed his first big right of the fight to move back within touching distance.

Read more: [url]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-333790

Powell had Wlad winning rounds 3/4/5/10/12/..with round 11 being even I had the same.where this fury dominated him entirely comes from is questionable,watching the fight again and LOOKING to see what exactly lands tells another story....HIGHLY. Fury won. Scoring this fight for Wlad with one round to 12 is the only joke on here as theres more than you on here that did that also which doesn't shock me either.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by juggernaut666; 12-08-2015, 09:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
      The 11th round was even with the point deduction...I had 5 rounds for Wlad...6 for Fury...1 even.

******ed.

Comment

• :
        Originally posted by LacedUp View Post

******ed.
        Sportsmail's Jeff Powell was recognised for his outstanding contribution to sports journalism with a lifetime achievement award at the Sports Journalists’ Association annual ceremony on Monday night.

In a career that has spanned more than 50 years, Powell has covered some of the most iconic moments in sporting history with inimitable style and skill. He has written for the Mail for more than 40 years, covering 11 World Cups and countless world title fights.

Beginning his career on local newspapers in his native east London, Jeff Powell joined the Daily Mail in 1966. He has crafted a matchless writing style, uniquely suited to the high drama of sport, and can effortlessly capture the atmosphere of the most historic of sporting occasions.

Is this guy ^^^ who had the same scorecard I did ******ed as well?The only ****** is you my friend ,and you have to cover up the usual dumbness of your rant..this one being this time scoring fights...he is a renown sports journalist who knows his stuff...you are a poster who doesn't....
        Last edited by juggernaut666; 12-08-2015, 10:19 PM.

Comment

• Basically, here is one of the key points of wisdom to be gleaned here out of all this..

The performance of Tyson Fury in that fight was such that it lends credit to a
          Wladimir victory, likely by KO, in the rematch!

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
            Basically, here is one of the key points of wisdom to be gleaned here out of all this..

The performance of Tyson Fury in that fight was such that it lends credit to a
            Wladimir victory, likely by KO, in the rematch!
            That can be said..and also anyone giving wlad less than 4 rounds is what makes me cringe with the real judges as they get itwrong to often as well,though they should know a bit better at least two had it 115/112,which is reasonable.someone stated judges should rewatxch fights on the t.v screen...maybe that's not a bad idea?lol
            Last edited by juggernaut666; 12-08-2015, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Point out how many rounds and exactly the specific ones Fury EASILY won again? You realize if a punch is thrown and misses or picked off it doesnt score right?Wllad won 3/4/5/12 thers 4 rounds right there at least withe 11 being even ....the rest are CLOSE as well
              I scored the fight live in this very thread. Look up my posts if you are so interested. I watched the fight twice. Fury very clearly won. The scores were slightly too close in fact.

Comment

:

Reposting this, however you must be joking if you really think it was a lopsided fight even Wlad winning only one round..you claim to even have seen it twice..most on here I believe have only seen it once based on some of the blown out of proportion descriptions on here I think they also had a few when they watched it....

By Jeff Powell For Mailonline

Published: 19:21 EST, 28 November 2015 | Updated: 22:45 EST, 28 November 2015

Tyson Fury ended the decade long reign of the great Wladimir Klitschko with a display of astonishing nerve and virtuosity – just as he said he would.

Despite clearly getting the better of the 39-year-old Ukranian the decision was never guaranteed with the fight taking place in Germany.

But the judges gave Fury the nod that he deserved with unanimous cards of 115-112 twice and 116-111, and he was leading throughout the fight on Sportsmail's Boxing correspondent Jeff Powell's scorecard - and he scored it 115-113 at the end in favour of the British fighter.

The Gypsy King took the first three rounds to take the fight away from the champion in his own backyard and put him on the back foot.

Fury answered the first bell by racing across the ring and had the best of the early exchanges, landing some exploratory left hooks. He also landed some jabs between feinting and making Klitschko miss and won the first round surprisingly comfortably.

The Briton was light on his feet and showed good hand speed to continue to better Klitschko.

The Ukranian came back to edge the fourth round and then landed his first big right of the fight to move back within touching distance.

Read more: [url]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-333790

Powell had Wlad winning rounds 3/4/5/10/12/..with round 11 being even I had the same.where this fury dominated him entirely comes from is questionable,watching the fight again and LOOKING to see what exactly lands tells another story....HIGHLY. Fury won. Scoring this fight for Wlad with one round to 12 is the only joke on here as theres more than you on here that did that also which doesn't shock me either.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                I never said Wlad. won only one round. And I did watch it twice. How tf is that supposedly hard to believe?

Comment

That can be said..and also anyone giving wlad less than 4 rounds is what makes me cringe with the real judges as they get itwrong to often as well,though they should know a bit better at least two had it 115/112,which is reasonable.someone stated judges should rewatxch fights on the t.v screen...maybe that's not a bad idea?lol
                  I think it's purely a matter of "bandwagon" supporters. Even a close shave gets blown out as a trouncing.

The funny thing is it only serves to actually rip the champ off of his real achievement and makes the wagoners look foolish, rendering all their opinions of questionable credibility.

Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
                  I scored the fight live in this very thread. Look up my posts if you are so interested. I watched the fight twice. Fury very clearly won. The scores were slightly too close in fact.
                  Yeah and Battling Nelson scored it for WLAD, a respectable enough poster to be a mod and with a decent prediction record too.

You made some over the top round calls for your favourite, most judges had it much closer than you did, but the end result aligned with yours, that's all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
                    I never said Wlad. won only one round. And I did watch it twice. How tf is that supposedly hard to believe?
                    "Fury won almost every round."

No he didn't anyone can see this if they actually LOOK and not just watch the fight!that is those without agendas and like scoring with non bias which there really is none on here that I saw who picked fury to win or those simply who really cant differencentiate b/c they LACK the ability of seeing CLEAN and LANDED punches that scored and one that didnt?
                    Last edited by juggernaut666; 12-08-2015, 11:17 PM.

Comment

• Personally I have no problem with Fury winning or being the champ or even winning the rematch and even think he'd be good for boxing if he did.

But these new age nut bag opinions are a little difficult to swallow I'm afraid.

It's bad for boxing. Not as bad as OLD TIME nut baggery, but bad nonetheless.

Of a far worse nature than either Fury or Wladimir fan boyism is Wilder-ravers. They're despisable. If he starts smashing up good opponents then fair enough but his bumming is out of control now and quite reprehensible really.

Comment

Working...
                      X