No announcement yet.

Official Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by denium View Post
    I'm not trolling. I think Fury will win, and win a lot easier than many people expect.

You'll never be a fan of Fury because you clearly dislike his personality & traveller background. Constantly calling him a "Gypsy Oaf" gives it away.

No power but he's stopped 3/4 of his opponants. No he doesn't possess the one punch KO power of a Wilder or Wlad, but that doesn't make him rubbish. Surely anyone who watches his recent fights can at least appreciate his footwork, his change of stance, his angles etc. It's just there to plainly see.

I agree that ideally he should've fought some bigger guys, but what can you do? Anyway how many elite HW's are Fury's size? Wlad, Ustinov, who else? (Not that Ustinov is in any way elite)

Instead of blindly going off who's beaten who, use your eyes. This current version of Fury looks the business.
    not sure if srs, anyway ill give a srs reply brother.
    You're getting emotional again, if i was being derogative towards tyson i would of said 'gypo' or '*****', calling him a gypsy is incorrect? same goes with oafish, he is an oaf. i fail to see how either terms are personal attacks, they are 100% true.
    I never said i hate his personality either, i said he was very amusing, so basically your wrong on every point you try to make.

you say he's stopped 3/4 of his opponents, who exactly were they?
    exactly.

I have used my eyes and that's what im basing my opinion on, like i said i wanted to be a fury fan, but having followed his career, there is nothing to make me want to be a fan of his, he is a very boring fighter, and not a very good one.

anyone his size would be in his position, being big is his main attribute.
    valuev was champion ffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by mlac View Post
      not sure if srs, anyway ill give a srs reply brother.
      You're getting emotional again, if i was being derogative towards tyson i would of said 'gypo' or '*****', calling him a gypsy is incorrect? same goes with oafish, he is an oaf. i fail to see how either terms are personal attacks, they are 100% true.
      What does him being a gypsy have to do with anything though? If he was black, would you call him a ******?

How is he an oaf? He's uneducated but intelligent, watch some of his IFL interviews and you'll see. People claim that he's clumsy, but again i don't see it. I've never seen a man as big as him be as nimble on their feet.

Originally posted by mlac View Post
      you say he's stopped 3/4 of his opponents, who exactly were they?
      exactly.
      You're the boxrec champion here, go and look his record up. It's certainly no worse than any other highly ranked HW bar Wlad or Povetkin.

Originally posted by mlac View Post
      I have used my eyes and that's what im basing my opinion on, like i said i wanted to be a fury fan, but having followed his career, there is nothing to make me want to be a fan of his, he is a very boring fighter, and not a very good one.
      It depends on what you class as boring. Fury can't win, he if brawls then he's called a talentless bum. If he uses his size and jab, he gets called boring.

Personally i found the masterclass he put on Chisora/Hammer entertaining, because i enjoy watching technical boxing. Each unto their own though i suppose.

Comment

oh ok, you're trolling ok, 2fast2fury thing is kinda amusing but i think most of the other guy's are pretty serious tbh, which is even more amusing.

i really wanna jump aboard the fury train tbh, being from england and wanting to support a good english heavyweight, unfortunately having followed nearly his entire career from punching himself in the face to now trying to fight like a gypsy oafish version of Ali (fury even compared his trash talking/style to ali )

Im just not seeing how can he beat A level opposition, the power isnt there, the chin isnt there, and the style he has could probobly upset some lower tier opposition but beating the likes of klit/povetkin?

like i said before he really needed a solid test before this step up, fighting guy's that are 6'2 6'3 who have to overcome a 6-8 height and reach disadvantage, not to mention these guy's are c-d level opposition to begin with.
        I really dont understand the plan? fight low opposition for as long as possible and then chuck him in with the champ and pray for the best?
        poor management imo. at least chuck him in with ustinov ffs.
        Ustinov would have been a useless measuring stick and might have given Fury false confidence if he did a number on him. Better he spar with tough quality guys like Parker who actually resemble Wlad in explosiveness and punching technique.

The only tall fighter who could have prepared Fury for Wlad was Wilder. And that was never going to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fury4daWIN View Post
          Ustinov would have been a useless measuring stick and might have given Fury false confidence if he did a number on him. Better he spar with tough quality guys like Parker who actually resemble Wlad in explosiveness and punching technique.

The only tall fighter who could have prepared Fury for Wlad was Wilder. And that was never going to happen.
          how exactly would it be useless? fighting someone who is not a small heavyweight would be incredibly usefull.
          As opposed to fighting mostly journeymen who are 6'2 being useful measuring sticks?

Comment

Yeah but.... the thing you need to know about Abe Simon is that.... Abe Simon was rubbish.

I'm not dogging on Louis here, he was a great champion for his era, but the fact of the matter was that his era was composed mostly of light heavyweights and cruisers, and not very good ones at that. It was a totally different landscape. When Louis fought Conn there was something like a thirty pound gap between the two, or to put it more accurately a three division gap. That's like Wlad taking on Kovalev today. As good as Kovalev is that's just a monstrous size disparity.

Max Baer would have been a cruiserweight today.
            Not sure era matters when even Louis could beat everyone on Fury's resume.

Comment

how exactly would it be useless? fighting someone who is not a small heavyweight would be incredibly usefull.
              As opposed to fighting mostly journeymen who are 6'2 being useful measuring sticks?
              Because Ustinov doesn't fight anything like Wlad nor have one iota of the skill or athletic ability. He's just big. That's it. What exactly is Fury supposed to learn from that fight that he couldn't learn by sparring other big men?

Fighting big guys regardless of their skill or technical ability in order to prepare for Wlad is one of the biggest mistakes opponents make. How many big guys did Jennings fight before taking on Wlad? None. How many did Pulev fight? Three. Now who did better in their respective fights?
              Last edited by Fury4daWIN; 10-20-2015, 10:00 AM.

Comment

• Fury spars a big man everyday in the gym. Hughie.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I totally agree. ustinov fights like hes stuck in mud and throws punches in slo motion. it would do fury no good at all. even tho guys like parker arent as tall hes got some zip on his punches and thats more important than just size

Comment

• Originally posted by denium View Post
                    Fury spars a big man everyday in the gym. Hughie.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                    Oh a feather fisted novice, that should definately help stepping up to fight the world champion of 10 years.

Comment

• Who is Fury sparring? Anyone know?

Comment

Working...
                      X