No announcement yet.

Is Mayweather the best fighter ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
    No but I think those points are relevant.

If Floyd had fought him, and won, then I would have no issue selecting the "yes" option.

However there is always that element of doubt now so it's kind of unanswerable.

I think he very well COULD be the best.
    My God... You think that that the "those points", on which this whole thread is based on, are not relevant? How do I stop this guy from posting in this thread... anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
      rep points really reflect users' responses quite well lol..
      yeah sure floyd is the greatest then.
      Hey buddy, just because I checked you for not reading the original post properly. And you don't have to think Floyd is the greatest fighter ever to post an intelligent post in this thread. You just need to argue against the actual points that I brought up.

Comment

From a pure boxing sense he is definitely up there, but overall as a fighter, he definitely comes up short.

As far as promotion, he has to go down as one of the best. He promoted himself very well from the Oscar fight onwards, became the villain and people wanted him to get knocked out (still do). I went to see him fight Ortiz and everyone around me had paid $1000 just to be there and see him lose live. They couldn't even name Ortiz's last 3 opponents.....

Comment

Originally posted by fighter1234 View Post
          My God... You think that that the "those points", on which this whole thread is based on, are not relevant? How do I stop this guy from posting in this thread... anyone?
          Yeah of course they are relevant.

Comment

.raw talent ... NO
            .skill ... NO
            .promotion and business sense ... MAYBE
            .making money ... YES
            .self preservation and of course ... (What does this mean? Cherry Picking/avoiding certain fights? Making opponents fight at catch weights/with pillows?)
            .winning fights ... NO

Comment

My oh my, do you purposely say things to come across as unintelligent and illiterate?
              lol read ur post read ur title and tell me who is wrong?

being the best successful fighter is not categorized as the BEST FIGHTER EVER so stop talking **** out of ur mouth lol

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
                .raw talent ... NO
                .skill ... NO
                .promotion and business sense ... MAYBE
                .making money ... YES
                .self preservation and of course ... (What does this mean? Cherry Picking/avoiding certain fights? Making opponents fight at catch weights/with pillows?)
                .winning fights ... NO
                Fair enough but keep in mind that he doesn't need to be the best at every one of those things to be the best overall. A better thing to do would be to point out which fighter you think is better (by being better at the majority of those things listed)

Comment

No.

The best way to know how good a fighter is is based on their performance against their best competition. Other fighters are just as dominant against better competition than Floyd has fought.

Comment

Now before some of you guys start hyperventilating, I'm not asking if he is the greatest fighter ever, there's a difference. To judge greatness there are other criteria like greatness of opposition etc. I'm talking about all the things that encompass being a successful fighter. Things like:
                    .raw talent
                    .skill
                    .promotion and business sense
                    .making money
                    .self preservation and of course
                    .winning fights

I don't think anyone in history has been more successful at fighting. Discuss.

Please no nonsense (Yes I know there's going to be posts about "ducking" and other gay **** but even if that were true, it doesn't disprove my point of being a "successful fighter" as per the criteria above^^^)
                    self preservation? loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

in that case he is the greatest

Comment

Fair enough but keep in mind that he doesn't need to be the best at every one of those things to be the best overall. A better thing to do would be to point out which fighter you think is better (by being better at the majority of those things listed)
                      A better thing for you to do if you are talking about best fighter is to remove the promotion, money making, and self preservation options and replace them with options that actually relate to fighting ... things like speed, power, chin, stamina, heart, ring iq etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X