No announcement yet.

Is Mayweather the best fighter ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fighter1234 View Post
    Now before some of you guys start hyperventilating, I'm not asking if he is the greatest fighter ever, there's a difference. To judge greatness there are other criteria like greatness of opposition etc. I'm talking about all the things that encompass being a successful fighter. Things like:
    .raw talent
    .skill
    .promotion and business sense
    .making money
    .self preservation and of course
    .winning fights

I don't think anyone in history has been more successful at fighting. Discuss.

Please no nonsense (Yes I know there's going to be posts about "ducking" and other gay **** but even if that were true, it doesn't disprove my point of being a "successful fighter" as per the criteria above^^^)
    there simply is no way floyd could be the best fighter ever....

he miserably fails in comparison with big george .......

and there are others greater than george....

widen your research and open your eyes....

Comment

i usually don't bother replying to mayweather threads...
      but if you wanna talk money/business... wrong forum :/..
      he's a great technical fighter, possess great athleticism, great ring generalship/iq... but without fighting the best opposition available at the time, regardless of reasons, his greatness will always be in doubt...

despite all that, yes i think he's great, but not greatest.
      but he could possibly be greater with less doubt.. but its too late.
      Last edited by nivek535; 06-27-2014, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Now before some of you guys start hyperventilating, I'm not asking if he is the greatest fighter ever, there's a difference. To judge greatness there are other criteria like greatness of opposition etc. I'm talking about all the things that encompass being a successful fighter. Things like:
        .raw talent
        .skill
        .promotion and business sense
        .making money
        .self preservation and of course
        .winning fights

I don't think anyone in history has been more successful at fighting. Discuss.

Please no nonsense (Yes I know there's going to be posts about "ducking" and other gay **** but even if that were true, it doesn't disprove my point of being a "successful fighter" as per the criteria above^^^)
        This question has been posed before and I've answered it the same...

He MIGHT be the best fighter ever but we can never know for sure because he ducked the number 2 guy.

Sure, Pac has losses and MAyweather beat the guy who KOed him.

But Marquez was a very tough fighter in other ways too and it's not out of line to suggest that Pac might have been able to get on top of him prime for prime.

And even now, just when ppl were starting to write off Pac's chances, a good win for Pac and a suspect performance from Money against what was really a light on version of Manny opens up the suggestion once again that Manny could maybe do him in...

Hence, Money has been very wise to avoid Pac at all costs, because it just might be his undoing.

Imagine the surge in popularity for the peoples champion and the sudden crumbling of the scum bag image that Money has generated for himself. Mayweather does and I doubt he'd risk any of it like that. He couldn't live without it.

Comment

Originally posted by tangalog2200 View Post
          there simply is no way floyd could be the best fighter ever....

he miserably fails in comparison with big george .......

and there are others greater than george....

widen your research and open your eyes....
          Yet again, read my original post. This is not about who's greater. It's about every aspect of being a successful fighter. Open your eyes and read.

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
            i usually don't bother replying to mayweather threads...
            Perhaps you should have adhered to that policy since....

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
            but if you wanna talk money/business... wrong forum :/..
            he's a great technical fighter, possess great athleticism, great ring generalship/iq... but without fighting the best opposition available at the time, regardless of reasons, his greatness will always be in doubt...

despite all that, yes i think he's great, but not greatest.
            but he could possibly be greater with less doubt.. but its too late.
            This is not about greatness. Please read my original post.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
              This question has been posed before and I've answered it the same...
              Maybe the reason why you always answer "it" the same is that you don't bother reading the original post properly (or at all).

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
              He MIGHT be the best fighter ever but we can never know for sure because he ducked the number 2 guy.

Sure, Pac has losses and MAyweather beat the guy who KOed him.

But Marquez was a very tough fighter in other ways too and it's not out of line to suggest that Pac might have been able to get on top of him prime for prime.

And even now, just when ppl were starting to write off Pac's chances, a good win for Pac and a suspect performance from Money against what was really a light on version of Manny opens up the suggestion once again that Manny could maybe do him in...

Hence, Money has been very wise to avoid Pac at all costs, because it just might be his undoing.

Imagine the surge in popularity for the peoples champion and the sudden crumbling of the scum bag image that Money has generated for himself. Mayweather does and I doubt he'd risk any of it like that. He couldn't live without it.
              This thread is not about ducking...or Pac....or Marquez.

Comment

Yet again, read my original post. This is not about who's greater. It's about every aspect of being a successful fighter. Open your eyes and read.
                yet you voted yes so u think he is? lol

Comment

Originally posted by carts View Post
                  yet you voted yes so u think he is? lol
                  My oh my, do you purposely say things to come across as unintelligent and illiterate?

Comment

Maybe the reason why you always answer "it" the same is that you don't bother reading the original post properly (or at all).

This thread is not about ducking...or Pac....or Marquez.
                    No but I think those points are relevant.

If Floyd had fought him, and won, then I would have no issue selecting the "yes" option.

However there is always that element of doubt now so it's kind of unanswerable.

I think he very well COULD be the best.

Comment

rep points really reflect users' responses quite well lol..
                      yeah sure floyd is the greatest then.

Comment

Working...
                      X