Is Mayweather the best fighter ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post

As do all Floyidiots

Fighter spends his best days wondering how he can convert the masses of boxing fans into raging ******s like him.
    They're like Mormons, sent out in pairs to boxing forums to get more suckers into the flock as soon as they are old enough to gain access to the internet. ****s, racists and spastics.

Comment

Originally posted by fighter1234 View Post
      Now before some of you guys start hyperventilating, I'm not asking if he is the greatest fighter ever, there's a difference. To judge greatness there are other criteria like greatness of opposition etc. I'm talking about all the things that encompass being a successful fighter. Things like:
      .raw talent
      .skill
      .promotion and business sense
      .making money
      .self preservation and of course
      .winning fights

I don't think anyone in history has been more successful at fighting. Discuss.

Please no nonsense (Yes I know there's going to be posts about "ducking" and other gay **** but even if that were true, it doesn't disprove my point of being a "successful fighter" as per the criteria above^^^)
      With all due respect, this is such a ******ed post and I am referring to the post itself and not so much the poster. Being the best fighter has nothing to do with all the elements you listed with the exception of one. An ideal topic would have been if he is the most talented, the most skilled, the most marketable, or the best in terms of those criteria you listed. Being the best at something and achieving greatest often goes hand in hand. So after saying all of that, I think Floyd is a great fighter but certainly not the best fighter ever like you stated or the best of his era. Those things are judged solely on ring achievements. Too many question mark surrounds his career in terms of missing too many fighters and the timing of when his best fights have taken place at least at welterweight. He is undefeated and he makes a lot of money in his fights but I don't know how that makes him the best ever. That label often goes hand in hand with the quality of opposition at the weight one has been dominant in. He is probably the most talented fighter especially defensively but skillwise, Roy Jones in his prime remains the most skilled fighter I have ever seen in my lifetime.

Comment

Unfortunately judging by the way you talk you know very little about boxing especially it's history. At least thats how you come across. There is nothing wrong with that people start somewhere, but what I mean is what do you expect some people's response to be when you start a question eluding to one person?

As a side note I'm not eluding to TS, but when I was talking to my friends today we were discussing all young uns these days once they know a bit about something they automatically think they're experts on it

Comment

Here adefeated over 20+ World Champions
          just the facts:

WETHER YOU LIKE HIM OR NOT THESE ARE THE FACTS:

Totals: 12,915,000 buys and $757,940,000 in revenue
          And he's the Unified Jr Middleweight, Welterweight Champion at the same time
          And He's Undefeated
          defeated against Hall of Famers

WBC Welterweight Champion
          2011 Sep 17-present
          WBA Light Middleweight Champion
          Super Champion
          2012 May 5 - present
          WBC Light Middleweight Champion
          2013 Sep 14 - present
          WBA Welterweight Champion
          Unified Champion

2014 May 3 - present

4 lineal titles in as many weight classes
          6 wins vs currently ranked top 10 p4p fighters

FLOYD MAYWEATHER IS THE BEST OF ALL TIME According to CompuBox

#1 AND #2 BIGGEST PPV'S EVER

HIGHEST PAID ATHELETE

IF YOU KNOW OF SOMEONE IN BOXING WITH BETTER STATS THAN THAT PLEASE LET ME KNOW
          Last edited by MRCHOKEaMF; 06-27-2014, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Oh hell no.

Comment

TBE! TBE! TBE! TBE! TBE! TBE! TBE! TBE!

Comment

being the "best fighter ever" has nothing to do with health, promotion etc. no he is not the best fighter ever.

He is not even the most successful fighter ever. I would say that would be Mike Tyson.

Comment

If Mayweather decided all the sudden to fight Pacquiao and took him to school, and maybe Golovkin, then we can try this thread again.

Comment

Bull**** criteria cooked up by yet another ******ed Fl0mo :jerk0ff9:

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X