• Show
Clear All

From recent not that long ago years there is people who are ahead of Floyd
    Bhop
    Roy Jones
    Sugar Ray Leonard
    Lennox Lewis
    Larry Holmes

I'd rate him on equal terms with the likes of Joe Calzaghe and rating him just above the likes of Evander Holyfield and the Mike Tysons of the world.

There is plenty that deserve to be ahead of Floyd Mayweather Jr, you could be there for a while but he no doubt will get a high positioning in the meaningless list of records which mean absolutely nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
      A better thing for you to do if you are talking about best fighter is to remove the promotion, money making, and self preservation options and replace them with options that actually relate to fighting ... things like speed, power, chin, stamina, heart, ring iq etc.
      But those things don't apply to what this thread is about. The definition of "best fighter" in this thread is outlined in the original post.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
        From recent not that long ago years there is people who are ahead of Floyd
        Bhop
        Roy Jones
        Sugar Ray Leonard
        Lennox Lewis
        Larry Holmes

I'd rate him on equal terms with the likes of Joe Calzaghe and rating him just above the likes of Evander Holyfield and the Mike Tysons of the world.

There is plenty that deserve to be ahead of Floyd Mayweather Jr, you could be there for a while but he no doubt will get a high positioning in the meaningless list of records which mean absolutely nothing.
        Trust you to completely ignore the topic and turn this into an "atg" debate.

Comment

Originally posted by fighter1234 View Post
          But those things don't apply to what this thread is about. The definition of "best fighter" in this thread is outlined in the original post.
          so you decide that skill is relevant but power isn't at your whim ... gotcha

Comment

Now before some of you guys start hyperventilating, I'm not asking if he is the greatest fighter ever, there's a difference. To judge greatness there are other criteria like greatness of opposition etc. I'm talking about all the things that encompass being a successful fighter. Things like:
            .raw talent
            .skill
            .promotion and business sense
            .making money
            .self preservation and of course
            .winning fights

I don't think anyone in history has been more successful at fighting. Discuss.

Please no nonsense (Yes I know there's going to be posts about "ducking" and other gay **** but even if that were true, it doesn't disprove my point of being a "successful fighter" as per the criteria above^^^)
            Is this some kind of sick joke?

Comment

Trust you to completely ignore the topic and turn this into an "atg" debate.
              "Is Mayweather the best fighter ever?"

The guys mentioned are clearly better fighters...

Perhaps If you said...
              Is Mayweather the best business man ever in boxing

Which in that case I'd of said 100% yes, yes he is.

Comment

This thread should have been titled - 'I want to lick floyd's starfish....who's with me?'

Comment

He's one of the most talented fighters of his generation.

But in the later stages of his career he's squandered that talent because he's so focused on remaining undefeated, although Cotto and Maidana were solid opponents and good wins. I still have faith that a Pac fight will get made and I still think it would be one of the most significant fights of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                    This thread should have been titled - 'I want to lick floyd's starfish....who's with me?'

As do all Floyidiots

Fighter spends his best days wondering how he can convert the masses of boxing fans into raging ******s like him.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                      He's one of the most talented fighters of his generation.

But in the later stages of his career he's squandered that talent because he's so focused on remaining undefeated, although Cotto and Maidana were solid opponents and good wins. I still have faith that a Pac fight will get made and I still think it would be one of the most significant fights of all time.
                      Only from a name standpoint and because of all of floyd's longtime avoidance, doping accusations, bad blood etc. In reality it will be about as significant as Leonard-Duran 3.

Comment

Working...
                      X