Margs ran up on him
    Williams dropped him and always was able to tag him
    Macklin tagged him
    murray tagged him and dropped him
    chavez had his moments.
    Pavlik dropped him and tagged him...

Serg has never been a good defender if his opponents let their hands go

Cotto would be able to land on serg, no matter what version of serg it was
    I didn't say Cotto wouldn't be able to land. But Sergio wouldn't be a sitting duck for the same punch over and over if he had anything like healthy knees.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      I didn't say Cotto wouldn't be able to land. But Sergio wouldn't be a sitting duck for the same punch over and over if he had anything like healthy knees.
      Ok, well yeah, serg would be more competitive, but i honestly think he got caught cold in the 1st and it took him a few rounds to recover, and he started creeping back into it around the 5th 6th rd, but cotto just kept applying the pressure...
      Seeing how the fight played out, i think its safe to assume that cotto would be trouble for serg at any time in their careers..

Cotto was by far the most skilled fighter serg has ever fought

Comment

We are not all blind, we all saw that Martinez had no legs. We can discuss issues without taking away from Cotto. Martinez chose not to make any excuse in that interview with thousands of Cotto fans in attendance, he could have chose to run back to his dressing room like Cotto alway does when he loses and not give an interview right there but he chose to be classy.

Comment

I got a new one for the thread. Martinez is no longer the guy who beat Pavlik and Williams. And........his legs seemed weak. Not sue if it was getting punched early or if the knees were actually giving out. I remember seeing him sliding one of his legs around the ring for a full minute at one point and to me it was very sad to see a proud champion do that. This was as abrupt of a turn around as when Jones went from winning a HW title to looking ordinary in the Tarver I and then getting caught in Tarver II.

Comment

Originally posted by BMWM3P View Post
            Lol, so many excuses. You all knew about the surgeries yet still ragged on about how Cotto was going to destroyed. Now Marinez is a shot gimp, is it just that hard to admit that Cotto is the better man.
            If u want to take full credit for a win like that then so be it but everyone saw a Martinez who was not at 100%. He is done and needs to retire. Cotto fought a beautiful fight props to him but like I said earlier that Martinez was not 100%

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
              I got a new one for the thread. Martinez is no longer the guy who beat Pavlik and Williams. And........his legs seemed weak. Not sue if it was getting punched early or if the knees were actually giving out. I remember seeing him sliding one of his legs around the ring for a full minute at one point and to me it was very sad to see a proud champion do that. This was as abrupt of a turn around as when Jones went from winning a HW title to looking ordinary in the Tarver I and then getting caught in Tarver II.
              It was horrible watching him in the first round with his legs, yes he was hit with a punch but just looking at him you could see he had not recover from his surgery, am still not sure how he was medically cleared for this fight. Because to be he could have been hurt even more if he was fighting someone more dangerous like GGG. In the later rounds he was shaking his right knee/legs to get something out of it, the fact that he was KO in the first two rounds still amaze me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                We are not all blind, we all saw that Martinez had no legs. We can discuss issues without taking away from Cotto. Martinez chose not to make any excuse in that interview with thousands of Cotto fans in attendance, he could have chose to run back to his dressing room like Cotto alway does when he loses and not give an interview right there but he chose to be classy.
                Cotto Stan's will not touch this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                  Cotto Stan's will not touch this post.
                  I've addressed these post a million times over.............when i debunk them someone else will just come in and repeat the exact same thing.

they've been debunked.
                  Last edited by Godsfly; 06-08-2014, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    I had full trust in what they were saying about his knees being 100% but it was clear that he had no stability in them at all last night. He was falling all over the place, sometimes a punch didn't even land. The knees looked no better than in the Murray fight.
                    In fact, they looked way, way worse. Getting hit with the temple and behind the ear shots may have effected this as well though. The left hook that initially stunned him came so early it was hard to get a real idea what he was still capable of. One thing is certain, the legs were trashed from jump street. His hand speed was surprisingly slow compared to Cotto but then again it shouldn't be surprising because Cotto has always been smaller and 9 times out of ten an elite smaller fighter is faster than an elite bigger fighter.

Great win for Cotto but definitely not what would have happened a couple years ago.

Comment

• Imagine what Golovkin would have done to Martinez last night.

Hell, I think even Quillin could have beaten the Martinez of last night.

Comment

Working...
                      X