No announcement yet.

martinez: "it was a punch and not the knee"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    We are not all blind, we all saw that Martinez had no legs. We can discuss issues without taking away from Cotto. Martinez chose not to make any excuse in that interview with thousands of Cotto fans in attendance, he could have chose to run back to his dressing room like Cotto alway does when he loses and not give an interview right there but he chose to be classy.
    Cotto Stan's will not touch this post.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
      Cotto Stan's will not touch this post.
      I've addressed these post a million times over.............when i debunk them someone else will just come in and repeat the exact same thing.

they've been debunked.
      Last edited by Godsfly; 06-08-2014, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
        I had full trust in what they were saying about his knees being 100% but it was clear that he had no stability in them at all last night. He was falling all over the place, sometimes a punch didn't even land. The knees looked no better than in the Murray fight.
        In fact, they looked way, way worse. Getting hit with the temple and behind the ear shots may have effected this as well though. The left hook that initially stunned him came so early it was hard to get a real idea what he was still capable of. One thing is certain, the legs were trashed from jump street. His hand speed was surprisingly slow compared to Cotto but then again it shouldn't be surprising because Cotto has always been smaller and 9 times out of ten an elite smaller fighter is faster than an elite bigger fighter.

Great win for Cotto but definitely not what would have happened a couple years ago.

Comment

• Imagine what Golovkin would have done to Martinez last night.

Hell, I think even Quillin could have beaten the Martinez of last night.

Comment

• Yeah, let's just ignore those well documented and well publicised debilitating injuries that he's suffered over the previous two years; the fact that same right knee has required surgery on two different occasions during that period, and that he spent a great bulk of last year hobbling about on a pair of crutches - let's just ignore all of that, pretend that it wasn't the biggest and most significant factor in Cotto taking the fight in the first place and let's just celebrate Cotto's historical achievement of being the first boxer to beat two different crippled champions in two different weight classes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              It was horrible watching him in the first round with his legs, yes he was hit with a punch but just looking at him you could see he had not recover from his surgery, am still not sure how he was medically cleared for this fight. Because to be he could have been hurt even more if he was fighting someone more dangerous like GGG. In the later rounds he was shaking his right knee/legs to get something out of it, the fact that he was KO in the first two rounds still amaze me.
              That's a fighter and a champions heart.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                In fact, they looked way, way worse. Getting hit with the temple and behind the ear shots may have effected this as well though. The left hook that initially stunned him came so early it was hard to get a real idea what he was still capable of. One thing is certain, the legs were trashed from jump street. His hand speed was surprisingly slow compared to Cotto but then again it shouldn't be surprising because Cotto has always been smaller and 9 times out of ten an elite smaller fighter is faster than an elite bigger fighter.

Great win for Cotto but definitely not what would have happened a couple years ago.
                A couple of years ago mathew freaking macklin was tagging & timing martinez. so in your opinion, you would pick the the martinez who fought macklin to beat cotto? I'm interested. what would have happened a couple of years ago?

Comment

• Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
                  Imagine what Golovkin would have done to Martinez last night.
                  That's the first thing I thought of when Martinez survived round one.

Comment

• Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
                    Imagine what Golovkin would have done to Martinez last night.

Martin Murray beat Martinez. And that was a much healthier Sergio.

Pretty much any decent level fighter could have beaten him last night

Comment

• No doubt the punch hurt him, if it was a tear or rupture to ligaments, Martinez would have not been able to complete 9 round. Though Martinez himself and his confidence after the injuries he has had is shot.
                      Last edited by Slick_Rick; 06-08-2014, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X