Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto Beats Down Martinez, Makes History at MSG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was definitely not the same Martinez that beat Pavlik and Williams, but Cotto still did a very good job in there. Props to him for taking the chance to make history. Lets see if Mayweather still considers Martinez too big. lol

Comment

• Great surprise and great win for Cotto

Comment

• Originally posted by IdNod4u2 View Post
        Happily shocked ! Good job Cotto. Let's get this Mayweather vs. Cotto 2 going!
        Mayweather-Cotto 2 will NEVER happen...especially now that Roach is Cotto's trainer. The Roach game plan would significantly improve Cotto's chances.

Comment

• Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
          That was definitely not the same Martinez that beat Pavlik and Williams, but Cotto still did a very good job in there. Props to him for taking the chance to make history. Lets see if Mayweather still considers Martinez too big. lol
          He had no answer for the left hook. Even the Martinez that beat Pavlik and Williams would have got hit with it. Sergio's defense is shlt.

Comment

• Originally posted by trufightfanatic View Post
            I agree. Martinez was a great champion and he always fought his heart out. And he won his mw title the way a fighter is supposed to. He beat up the man who beat down the man who twice beat the man who was long reighning MW kingpin B Hop. To call Maravilla a Hypejob is absurd.
            Couldn't agree more . People saying Martinez was exposed . Really ? He looked a few steps above a cripple walking with a cane .

Comment

• You can now finally add Martinez to the list of future Mayweather opponents now...

Comment

• Are people really acting like this win means anything. Martinez was completely shot.

I like cotto as much as the next guy but come on that fight was a farce. Martinez was there for the paycheck, I guaratntee Martinez didnt even spar once for this fight. The guy has a bum knee.

Get ready for mayweather-cotto 2...the fakest lineal middleweight championship ever. Also lets be real.... Roach didnt change chit. This is the same cotto that got outboxed by Trout and Mayweather. The Cotto of 140 and 147 is gone, the guy couldnt even stop a guy with a busted knee. That was NOT a real KO.

Comment

• This isn't that surprising. Martinez with his physical gifts waning is left vulnerable, with no conventional defense, against a guy with a far better pure boxing pedigree. Martinez was vulnerable against guys who weren't by any means the elite of the elite... but had tight, technical offense and didn't give him many openings to strafe with his left hand from the outside. Macklin, Dzinziruk, barker. Martinez was the vastly more talented fighter but was trouble by all of the aforementioned because they could exploit his technical flaws to some degree.

Throw a guy like Cotto in there who has an extensive amateur background, accomplished at the top level of professional boxing, and has been refining his skills and reverting to what served him best in his prime years.... it was a perfect storm of circumstances and conditions.

Comment

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
                    If Martinez won, you wouldn't be saying any of this.

I agree with him, Cotto exposed Martinez. Skills pay the bills.
                    The only thing that Cotto exposed is that Martinez should never again be allowed to get in a boxing ring. I was rooting for Cotto and happy he won. But stop with the "exposed" Martinez craps. Neither guy is still in their physical prime. But that guy he fought isn't even 25% of the guy that Kelly Pavlik lost his title to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snake4380 View Post
                      You can now finally add Martinez to the list of future Mayweather opponents now...
                      He fits the criteria for a Pac opponent as well... I wonder who gets to him first...

Martinez walking like he couldnt even bend his legs/feet lol. Looking like a slick Cornelius Bundrage with that stiffness. Lmao.

Sorry.. Dont mean to laugh at his misfortune he's one of my favorite fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X