Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto Beats Down Martinez, Makes History at MSG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally wrong in my prediction. Congratulations to the first four weight division PR champ. Viva Cotto.

Comment

• Good fight, Martinez had no answers other than finally keeping his hands up. That left hook and straight right were landing at will. Beautiful boxing by Cotto.

Comment

• Excusess

I knew it the *****es in here were going to make excuses everyone was alking **** saying martinez was going to beat him down murder him blah blah blah all of a sudden now the excuses begin let the excuses begin in 3..2...1 but they were not saying that before the fight they were all confident now talking **** like losers hahahaha wooww what a shame this fight means something moron this fight means cotto retired maravilla.

Comment

• This might be a unpopular opinion but I think the fight was stopped too early

He quit to a blown up 147 pounder

And some people had the nerve to have him ranked higher than Pacquiao? Ya'll got exposed

Comment

• I'm pretty sure now Mayweather will want his belt and fight for another division title. Cotto just keeps cashing in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
              This might be a unpopular opinion but I think the fight was stopped too early

He quit to a blown up 147 pounder

And some people had the nerve to have him ranked higher than Pacquiao? Ya'll got exposed
              But he stopped it himself...how was it stopped too early? He was going to get KO'd otherwise.

Comment

• Congrats to Cotto, very happy for him! Excellent Performance!

Comment

• Originally posted by bopbopbbe View Post
                  Are people really acting like this win means anything. Martinez was completely shot.

I like cotto as much as the next guy but come on that fight was a farce. Martinez was there for the paycheck, I guaratntee Martinez didnt even spar once for this fight. The guy has a bum knee.

Get ready for mayweather-cotto 2...the fakest lineal middleweight championship ever. Also lets be real.... Roach didnt change chit. This is the same cotto that got outboxed by Trout and Mayweather. The Cotto of 140 and 147 is gone, the guy couldnt even stop a guy with a busted knee. That was NOT a real KO.
                  Unfortunately, a lotta champions go out like this. Yes, Cotto caught Serg at the absolute perfect yime. But that's not his problem. As long as he considered himself active, and continued to fight at 160lbs. Cotto, GGG, or anybody else had to go through Sergio to be the real middleweight champion.

Comment

• I said last week wAtch out out mayweather pacquiao. First 20 sec of this bout I knew it was over

Comment

• Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
                      from martinez mouth "i got caught cold in the first round and could never regain my balance back from it. period point blank" in martinez words it had nothing to do with his knees.........to me he looked the same as with macklin barker & the first willaims fight.

cotto timed martinez and never followed him around the ring (pavlik followed martinez all night long) cotto and pavlik are 2 totally different fighters. first thing. cotto has brilliant timing, he has quick hands and he does not follow you around the ring (he's more of a puzzle with high fundamentals) pavlik is a plodder. so is chavez jr.............very slow fighters with hardly any athleticism to keep up with martinez (why are you guys comparing these fighters to cotto? cotto is obviously on another level)
                      Why take anything at face value. Martinez has always been a man of humility and class post-fight. His handspeed, his reflexes, his timing, his ability to maintain a rhythm.... it's all subject to age-related decline and there's no doubt he's experience that... it's not just his knees. Against Macklin and Barker and the like he had guys that pushed forward with astute defense giving Sergio very little openings. He had to let his hands go with volume to penetrate and naturally he was there to be hit. Cotto wasn't nearly as conservative as they were tonight but Sergio just didn't have the ability to pull the trigger. Cotto although a better fighter in his respective weightclass than Sergio's opponents was getting Rocked at 140.

Cotto for all his technical superiority would still have real issues dealing with the power in the left hand of Martinez if he could pull the trigger.

Comment

Working...
                      X