Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto Beats Down Martinez, Makes History at MSG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martinez had no answer for the left to the head. It was really surprising. Never would have guessed that Cotto would wobble Martinez throughout the fight. I hope Cotto keeps fighting at 160.

Comment

• cotto fans talking about excuses? plaster? anyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
        If Martinez won, you wouldn't be saying any of this.

I agree with him, Cotto exposed Martinez. Skills pay the bills.
        I like Cotto and Martinez in equal proportions. How can you not? Both men have given boxing fans some incredible memories.

But it's absolutely disingenous to suggest that the Sergio Martinez who entered the ring tonight was the same Sergio Martinez who fought Paul Williams or even JCC, who, by the way, could probably campaign at light heavyweight.

Fighters, Bernard "The Alien" Hopkins excluded, age. That's reality. Sergio Martinez relied heavily on his athleticism. Two knee surgeries proved to be too much. With his heart, I wouldn't be surprised if Martinez could still beat up the tomato cans of the division, so Cotto absolutely deserves a certain amount of credit regardless.

For Sergio's health, I hope he retires and enjoys the fruits of his success. For Cotto's health, I hope he doesn't let folks convince him that he's a legitimate 160 pounder.

Comment

• I don't post post much, but Cotto is the new lineal middleweight champion of the world!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Luilun View Post
            I'm not a Cotto hater I just thought he was going to lose do to his size but I guess Freddy did turn his career around. Now I want see Cotto rematch Pac, Mayweather or fight GGG who everyone will duck
            Cotto would rather have a psychotic wolverine climb up his arse than fight GGG.

Comment

• Cotto did exactly what he set out to do. He made history. Viva Puerto Rico. Let us savor this sweet victory #Martinezfans

Comment

• War Cotto!!!!!!!!

Comment

• It s obvious I finally see why roach was named trainer of the year 6 times . Cotto looks like a whole new animal his last 2 fights . Do I think sergio knee had a big part in this lopsided loss , YeS but I also think since Chavez knocked him around in the 12 Sergio hasn't been the same .

Comment

• BEFORE THE FIGHT
                    "Martinez would KO Cotto, he will kill him!"
                    "Cotto cherrypicking gone wrong!"

AFTER THE FIGHT
                    "Martinez is already old"
                    "Martinez has knee injuries twice"

HAHAHAHAHAHA Stupid Martinez Fans LOL!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy The Geek View Post
                      Cotto would rather have a psychotic wolverine climb up his arse than fight GGG.
                      true, considering that golovkins has done jack ****.............one of his greatest wins is ishida for goodness sakes

Comment

Working...
                      X