Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto Beats Down Martinez, Makes History at MSG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And to think some people wanted Sergio vs GGG right out of the layoff. Ggg.. A bigger Cotto with much more power. Thank the lord we didnt witness that... Martinez can hang em up without having to have retired on his back with his eyes rolled up.

Comment

And new Middle weight champ Desde Puerto Rico Miguel Angel Cotto

Comment

Originally posted by keyz3r0 View Post
        I'm not saying Cotto doesn't deserve some 'kind' of credit. But let's be truthful.. Those knees made it an unfair contest from the get go. If you disagree you're not being REAL. (and I hate Martinez) but I don't think it was a fair fight.
        it was fair, this is professional sport so many other great athletes have nasty, horrible injuries in every sport. did we take the credit away when they do great achievement aftewr the injuries?? athlete like martinez or roy jones jr. who relied heavily on athleticism will always have short carreer comparing to the one who relied on their's skill.

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
          You can't call a man a hype job at 39 years old and coming off two knee surgeries
          If Martinez won, you wouldn't be saying any of this.

I agree with him, Cotto exposed Martinez. Skills pay the bills.

Comment

A great night for Boxing and without the Heavyweight division in play! Now the Promoters need to start cooperating with each other to continue on. Congrats Cotto and much L&R to Martinez.

Comment

Margarito owned Martinez and Cotto owned Margarito so why is anyone surprised at the result here

Comment

No excuse here. Nice performance by Miguel Cotto!

Comment

Originally posted by betmen View Post
                  ...athlete like martinez or roy jones jr. who relied heavily on athleticism will always have short carreer comparing to the one who relied on their's skill.
                  Gee...I didn't realize that Martinez was so young.

Comment

Originally posted by drenlou View Post
                    Fuk every single martinez fan that shot me red k and said i dont know shiat about boxing fuk all of you, bettervbelieve im putting all of you on my sig!
                    Please make sure you SIG all of them! Every single last one of them!

They were crucifying Cotto the way they were crucifying Garcia before he fought Matthysse. Saying Cotto is gonna get murdered, he's way in over his head, etc, etc.

Comment

• YEAAHHHH!!!!!!
                      Well the haters were right, it was a mismatch!!!
                      Much respect to Sergio, took the loss like a man, wish him the best in the future.
                      Cotto was brilliant, pure dynamite, one of my favorite moments in boxing.
                      And Newww!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X