No announcement yet.

Boxing? Or MMA?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
    Well, it's more like kickboxing than just boxing as far as the fighting on the feet goes. Fans appreciate wrestling and jiu-jitsu, they just don't wanna see guys stalling and controlling their opponents on the floor the entire time. Hit him with some elbows or go for a submission and fans won't boo once it goes to the ground.
    I'm aware i had a few mma fights. The main thing people still want to see is trading punches though. Gotta remember, most casual fans don't even understand the grappling. That said, i think lots of the booing and wanting the ref to stand em up is down to poor sight lines...which is why boxing is better to watch live.

Comment

• Originally posted by considerthis View Post
      I'm aware i had a few mma fights. The main thing people still want to see is trading punches though. Gotta remember, most casual fans don't even understand the grappling. That said, i think lots of the booing and wanting the ref to stand em up is down to poor sight lines...which is why boxing is better to watch live.
      Boxing is better period.

Comment

• too much grappling in boxing(wlad,ward,postol), ill go with mma they throw more punches

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
          too much grappling in boxing(wlad,ward,postol), ill go with mma they throw more punches
          gold

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
            too much grappling in boxing(wlad,ward,postol), ill go with mma they throw more punches
            Wlad would be a great mma fighter.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure Aldo-mcgregor ppv beats Canelo-Cotto this weekend. The card is stacked

Comment

• boxing sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                  Boxing.

I honestly can't name 5 MMA fighters.
                  Sure you can! just take 10 names that are no longer than 2 syllibles at most and combine them in any order. For example:

bil-ly bob

joe cle-tus you got at least a few right there: joe bob billy cletus cletus bob joe bob....

failing that go to any walmart and find the sportswear section where tap out gear is found, look for the guys with the biggest guts...better yet if you find a big gut wearing the gear already and ask their name.

Comment

• Boxing is the better sport, MMA (well, UFC) is better run.

Imagine the potential of boxing if it was run under a single banner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                      Muay Thai's an amazing sport to watch. Massive skill level involved and there's an air of brutality about it as well, even moreso than in boxing.

When two Muay Thai fighters start trading elbows you know some serious shit is going down. Can't quite say the same for when you see two MMA fighters rolling around in their underwear.

Thai fighting is indeed a great enterprise. Unlike boxing the real champs are in the middle weight classes, heavyweights are not regarded like they are in boxing. This is probably because the action is nonstop at these weights.

Thai fighters have very short careers, subtlety is not valued...no angles, no real deflection, just pure straight up linear shots with kicks coming in around the guard and to break the person down at the legs and rib cage. People often confuse kickboxing with Thai boxing...and here is something to think about: to date no sanctioned, registered professional thai fighter has lost to any ultimate fighter, Gracie Brother, etc.

One of the problems with the ultimate fighting championships is that some styles are misrepresented. For example, I have never seen a real karate stylist fight in the UFC. the one guy they got in the early days of the tourney was bouncing around on his toes like a kick boxer and the guys Rorian Gracie fought were not Thai boxers of any repute, i.e. trained as professional fighters.

Thai fighters are a handful, what they lack in subtlety they make up for in pure hard hitting effectivness, they also generally make ****ty boxers because most of their techniques require one to plant and stabilize. They also have no sense of angles and using a jab properly. But getting in the ring with one of these guys is a nightmare...I still remember how my left thigh felt after sparring around with one of these stylists.

Comment

Working...
                      X