Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing? Or MMA?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For me UFC/MMA promotions are a great thing it reminds me in some manner of the old days of boxing, you see guys going out there and fighting the best there is no choice to duck obviously I'm not saying everyone didn't duck there were the odd few but its really a great thing.

With boxing it seems like the fighter is by far too much in control and for me as a fan I don't want to see this, this is a terrible thing I want him paid well for the sacrifices he makes but I don't support soft touches for the sake of nothing which many fighters have been guilty of including the highest rated of our era Floyd, Khan, Brook, Garcia you really could just go on and on.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
      A prime elite boxer wipes out a whole division in the mma
      - In a boxing match without a doubt he will, but in an MMA match the odds are againts the boxer man, If he cant KO the MMA fighter in the first say 30-40 seconds..its a wrap once the MMA guy grabs him its over. MMA guys grapple all day..the boxer will be neutralized and lost once the fight hits the ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post
        I like both, but I like Boxing more, just because It requires more skill, were as MMA you can make up lack of skill with just brut strenght. If you have a good chin, and your a great grappler/wrestler you can over power an opponent you has a better stand up game and is weaker physically. Were in boxing even if your physically stronger you can get outclassed.
        Good summary of differences. I agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greed. View Post
          You clearly don't watch MMA if you think it's that easy. It's impossible to consistently defend takedowns and throws by just punching. MMA fighters can kick and knee too which adds a whole other dimension in the stand-up that boxers can't deal with.
          I used to watch MMA up until Rampage Jackson was about to retire, and then I lost all interest.

If I was able to keep guys moderately trained in mma and wrestling at bay using just boxing (and a dummy knife) in the army when they would try and shoot in at me when training, I am sure the same would translate at a higher level between an elite pro boxer and a pro mma fighter. I don't know anyone personally who trains in mma who can shoot and grab/take me down without eating some punches. when you reach with your hands you aren't defending your face, and when you come forward momentum is against you in a sense that you will just run into punches with more force. My buddy in my unit was a state champion wrestler but while he was fast and explosive, he wasn't faster than my straight right or left hook.

Comment

- In a boxing match without a doubt he will, but in an MMA match the odds are againts the boxer man, If he cant KO the MMA fighter in the first say 30-40 seconds..its a wrap once the MMA guy grabs him its over. MMA guys grapple all day..the boxer will be neutralized and lost once the fight hits the ground.
            He doesn't need to KO him quickly, he just needs to hurt him with shots, ideally counters. If KO'ing was required to win in boxing, Floyd would have lost his last several fights, and then some. Strong enough straight right will stop you dead in your tracks trying to shoot for a hold, no stoppage needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
              Doesnt the UFC have a girl in its p4p list?

Comment

• Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
                Boxing, of course. There is nothing aesthetically pleasing about MMA or UFC or whatever they label the human cockfighting feces rolling around inside a cage.
                lmao. I agree with this.

Comment

I like both, but I like Boxing more, just because It requires more skill
                  I agree & disagree. Sure it takes more skillto compete in boxing, but you need more skills in MMA. There is a rock, paper, scissors element to MMA that requires you to be more adaptable than you need to be in boxing that seems lost on some boxing fans who talk about MMA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    I agree & disagree. Sure it takes more skillto compete in boxing, but you need more skills in MMA. There is a rock, paper, scissors element to MMA that requires you to be more adaptable than you need to be in boxing that seems lost on some boxing fans who talk about MMA.
                    Boxing also requires you to adapt to be successful. It's a physical chess game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                      For me UFC/MMA promotions are a great thing it reminds me in some manner of the old days of boxing, you see guys going out there and fighting the best there is no choice to duck obviously I'm not saying everyone didn't duck there were the odd few but its really a great thing.

With boxing it seems like the fighter is by far too much in control and for me as a fan I don't want to see this, this is a terrible thing I want him paid well for the sacrifices he makes but I don't support soft touches for the sake of nothing which many fighters have been guilty of including the highest rated of our era Floyd, Khan, Brook, Garcia you really could just go on and on.
                      In MMA you can only fight whoever had the same promoter. So often they don't fight the best.

Comment

Working...
                      X