Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bradley Retains, Gets Split Nod Win Over Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel like Manny Steward after this one. "Went exactly how I thought it would be." Bradley winning a close decision on his jab.

Marquez still fought a good fight. Hopefully Bradley's last two decisions give him his cred back after the Pac fight. This is where the TR/GB conflict kills me because Bradley against Garcia, Broner, MAYWEATHER, even Khan would be fantastic but it won't happen. Instead we will get a Pac rematch most likely. A Cotto fight would be interesting is Miguel moves down.

Comment

• Originally posted by kmas-ski View Post
      Mexican fighters look great against other foreigners. Put them in the ring wit a black fighter with a ounce of slickness they look ordinary.
      Not every Black Fighter is Mayweather, Theres Mexicans who knock Black fighters out just ask Roger. You have to put into retrospect that Bradley barley beat a puffed up 40 year old former feather weight. Wasn't Bradley like a 152 pound amateur who fights at welter but comes down from 180 pounds to make 147 ?

Comment

• I picked Timmy to win. But, I'm surprisd at how he did it. I expected him to be in JMM's grill, grinding, and simply outworking him to a close decision. Instead, he boxed JMM's ears off. He basically used Floyd's gameplan with more movement. He's not Floyd's size. And he's not on Floyd's level in terms of skill, especially defensively. And that's why it was a closer fight than Floyd-JMM. But it was every bit as impressive.

It will not happen as long as he's working for Arum. But right now, Bradley is the clear-cut most interesting option for Floyd. The only glimmer of hope for that one happening is that Bradley isn't a draw. So Arum might be open to letting Floyd buy him out for a night. But I doubt it. Either way I think Bradley gives Floyd a lotta problems. He loses. But he legitimately gives Floyd his biggest scare since the firs Castillo fight.

Comment

• Juan never had the chance to beat Tim, tonight was just a formality. Tim is one of the best and Tim knows this fight will end the way it did when he picked to fight Juan. Juan's win over Pac just made him overrated and most people fell for it..but not the smart ones!

Originally posted by IIG View Post
          I just hope that the multiple people I've debated about this fight will now give Bradley some respect. He was given none prior to the fight. If Bradley hasn't quite made it into the HOF, he's right there at the door.

Comment

• I've been saying it since the fight was made...Bradley's going to make Marquez look STUPID and he DID!!!

All who praised Marquez as a living legend, a superstar that even Marquez believed it eat crow, NOW!

Marquez fought B, C, and D fighters all his life. He was just lucky to have fought Barrera (I thought Barrera won!) when Barrera was 100 years old. And very lucky, like LOTTO lucky he fought in an era where an ATG had a susceptibility to his style of fighting. Like that **** means anything.

Marquez amazingly looked smaller too. Is it coincidence again he looked smaller because there was testing this time, hence no super hulk knockout king? Cheaters get it in the end. Karma is a b i t c h!

Comment

• Originally posted by el malo View Post
              weight doesn't matter, at 140 it would have been the same result. jmm lost to a guy that was younger,faster and slicker. weight had nothing to do with it, styles did.

Nah, you're wrong. If they fought 4 times at 140 Marquez would have learned and adjusted to every fight and would have probably knocked timmy b the fuk out in their 4th fight.
              Last edited by UTEP; 10-12-2013, 11:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mistermartin View Post
                No. We didin't see lots of flush shots. dumbass. U need to chill w/ the bull**** steroid crusade u cornball. Jmm has 40 career kayos. He's ALWAYS been a puncher. Styles make fights. Tim fought a defensive & elusive fight & rolled w/ many punches. JM never really caught tim w/ a combination or truly at the end of a power shot. His pwr went nowhere....I just happen to think ur one of the corniest motherphu*kers on this board & wish u would stfu most times........di*khead.
                I love when the lil biatches on here get emotional..you want a tissue while we are at it. The funny thing is I didn't seek you out, if you don't agree with my opinion cool but go straight to the counter point and skip the chick shhhht. You think i'm one of the corniest people on this board? Well good, why? Because that right there is 100% irrelevant to anyone but you..so keep on taking the time to feel whatever way you want about me and keep exhibiting them hoish tendencies you've put out here on front street. I'm entitled to my opinion don't like? Here's an option for you ==={>

Comment

• Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
                  I saw a water bottle, a bottle of Pedialyte and some yellow spray bottle that they sprayed in his mouth but I couldn't tell if that was a yellow substance or a yellow bottle.
                  I thought it was Pedialyte because my kids drink it, and I recognized the shape of the bottle. Just did a little research, and it appears he was drinking Pedialyte.

I can't post the link though, because I don't have enough posts

He used Pedialyte in Pacquiao-Marquez III as well. What was in the yellow bottle I don't know, but I'm sure it was approved by the NSAC.

Comment

• Marquez deserved four rounds tops. Bradley used his jab effectively, controlled most of the action and actually landed some decent if not thundering power shots. At times, the fight reminded me a little bit of Mayweather-Marquez.

Marquez landed some good shots, but they didn't seem to have anywhere near the effect of Provodnikov's. Obviously, I think Bradley was making more of an effort to avoid Marquez's power, and he rolled a lot of the harder punches pretty well. The Pacquiao KO was just as much about timing and positioning as it was about power and despite the fact that he said he wasn't relying on a knockout, I wonder if Marquez was too confident in his power. He didn't look like a boxer trying to win on points for much of the fight, and that was a big mistake.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                      Not every Black Fighter is Mayweather, Theres Mexicans who knock Black fighters out just ask Roger. You have to put into retrospect that Bradley barley beat a puffed up 40 year old former feather weight. Wasn't Bradley like a 152 pound amateur who fights at welter but comes down from 180 pounds to make 147 ?
                      Bull****. All we've heard in the leadup to this one is what PED enhanced, welterweight monster JMM is. He got outboxed by a better fighter. Plain and simple. No excuses.

Comment

Working...
                      X