Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather was offered around 7 Million Dollars to fight Margarito!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
    #FloydRuinsLives
    Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
    This daggum kid is losing his mind over retires fighters and events that happened in 2005? 2007?

It's okay, daggum let it goooooo
    LMAO. These^^ are the best, most coherent answers you will get from these brain dead flawmos, daggum.

'you mad' pathetic.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Maybe but I feel like at the time he could have fought Margarito over Judah and then gone into the Baldomir fight with the intentions he did (of leaving)

Not sure how much he got paid for Judah.

At that point, all the (lack of) options were yet to come to the table.
      The issue was always what sort of guarantees Arum was going to pay him going forward for the big fights. And Arum wanted to short him, which is why he left.

Arum admitted that Mayweather was willing to fight Margarito.

Comment

• floyd scared of margo at 147 doesnt hold much weight when floyd fought DLH at 154 and gave him all the advantages, glove size/type, ring size ect.

Floyd had some negotiations for cotto and margo before he left arum but he made more vs dlh that what arum offered for those 2 fights combined. Then he fought hatton right after for another 20 million. After those numbers he was never coming back to arum and arum didnt want to work with GBP.

Comment

• Daggum pwning the floydstans lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            The issue was always what sort of guarantees Arum was going to pay him going forward for the big fights. And Arum wanted to short him, which is why he left.

Arum admitted that Mayweather was willing to fight Margarito.
            Not only did Arum want to short him, Arum was already ripping him off.

Mayweather filed a lawsuit against Arum on March 7 in Clark County (Nev.) District Court, claiming he is owed money from his two pay-per-view fights with his former promoter, against Arturo Gatti in 2005 and Zab Judah in 2006.

Mayweather claims he was supposed to receive 85 percent of Top Rank's net revenues from the Gatti fight (which was co-promoted by Main Events), and 80 percent of its net from the Judah fight (co-promoted by Don King), on top of base purses of $3.1 million and $5 million, respectively.

http://blog.mlive.com/mayweather/200...nge_legal.html

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              Daggum pwning the floydstans lol.
              I really hate when cheerleaders come in waving pom poms. It's feminine. But I do love calling them out.

If you'd care to present your facts about this topic against my facts, that would be much more appropriate.

But when you get embarrassed, don't cry and resort to ad hominem attacks. You down?

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                Is it comical. Why are you ducking this?

ONCE AGAIN, DO YOU THINK THAT HBO HAD NO IDEA THAT ARUM WAS MARGARITO'S PROMOTER WHEN THEY GAVE HIM THAT BIG **** YOU????

YESS I MUTHA****ING DID. GODDAMN IT. CAN YOU READ?

WHAT THE **** ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. I HAVEN'T CHANGED ANYTHING. I'VE EDITED TO ADD MORE INFORMATION, BUT I HAVEN'T CHANGED ONE THING. YOU ARE JUST TOO BUTTHURT TO FACE THE REALITY THAT YOU ARE WRONG! I DON'T EVEN REMEMBER MENTIONING ANYTHING ABOUT 8 MILLION DOLLARS. EVERYTHING THAT I'VE MENTIONED CAN BE VERIFIED. I HAVEN'T SEEN NOT ONE THING VERIFIED BY YOU.

FOR HOPEFULLY THE LAST ****ING TIME, THE SHARMBA MITCHELL FIGHT WAS TO BE THE FIRST FIGHT AFTER HE ATTEMPTED TO BREAK AWAY FROM TOP RANK AND MAKE MORE MONEY, AS HE EVENTUALLY DID. ARUM HAD TO SUE TO GET THEM TO PATCH THAT UP, AND ARUM DID NOT PUSH FOR A MARGARITO FIGHT FOR THE NEXT FIGHT AFTER GOOSEN. HE PUSHED FOR THE JUDAH FIGHT AND LIKELY EVEN GOT A MORE FAVORABLE DEAL AFTER JUDAH LOST. HBO DIDN'T GIVE A **** ABOUT MARGARITO AT THIS TIME AND HE WAS UNDER CONTRACT FOR A FIGHT THAT WAS PUSHED TO 1.5 MONTHS BEFORE THE JUDAH/MAYWEATHER FIGHT ANYWAY. MAYWEATHER LEGALLY BROKE AWAY FROM ARUM AFTER THE JUDAH FIGHT AND MADE MORE THAN HE EVEN ASKED OF ARUM. THAT'S THE WHOLE ****ING STORY!
                ^^I bet this dude was headbutting the screen as he typed this. "AHHHHHH STOP CRITICISING FLOYD ARRRGGGGGG"

Comment

• Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                  ^^I bet this dude was headbutting the screen as he typed this. "AHHHHHH STOP CRITICISING FLOYD ARRRGGGGGG"
                  Nah, if that were the case I wouldn't have a computer to type on.

But what's funny is how people criticize floyd and when they are proven wrong, cant fess up and admit that they are wrong. Don't you agree?

Comment

• Mayweather filed a lawsuit against Arum on March 7 in Clark County (Nev.) District Court, claiming he is owed money from his two pay-per-view fights with his former promoter, against Arturo Gatti in 2005 and Zab Judah in 2006.

Mayweather claims he was supposed to receive 85 percent of Top Rank's net revenues from the Gatti fight (which was co-promoted by Main Events), and 80 percent of its net from the Judah fight (co-promoted by Don King), on top of base purses of $3.1 million and $5 million, respectively.

Arum counters that his company, Top Rank Inc., does owe Mayweather money

In October 2005, Top Rank sued HBO, Mayweather, Haymon, and Goossen-Tutor Promotions, alleging contractual interference for arranging a Mayweather-Sharmba Mitchell fight without the promoter's consent.

Included in that filing was a letter, from HBO to Top Rank, in which the network disclosed plans to opt out of its then five-year-old contract with Mayweather and Top Rank, which effectively would break the promoter's ties to the fighter, since a single three-way contract bound all the parties together.

Arum was flabbergasted, since HBO had no intention of breaking ties with Mayweather, but withdrew the lawsuit the same month it was filed,[B]after agreeing to a new two-year contract. The new deal included a $750,000 buyout, which Mayweather exercised less than six months later, after beating Judah, so he could pursue a fight with Oscar De La Hoya.

http://blog.mlive.com/mayweather/200...nge_legal.html

1. Arum was ripping off Mayweather since at least the Gatti fight.
                    2. HBO opted out of their three way contract with Floyd and Arum to get Floyd out of the contract with scumbag, theiving Arum.
                    3. Arum sued and as part of the settlement, Mayweather was able to buy out his contract for $750,000.

This explains everything about this situation. Arum offered 7million for Margarito??? Yet he already wasn't paying Floyd completely for fights and Arum was butthurt that HBO and Floyd Mayweather orchestrated his release from his contract with Top Rank. Yea, keep believing Bob Arum

If you still can't understand, listen to Mikey Garcia and he will explain it since it was the same thing that happened to him.

Interviewer: What about Top Rank claiming that you turned down fights?

Mikey Garcia: Those fights were never offered.

Interviewer: Did Floyd Mayweather talk to you being that this was very similar to his situation.

Last edited by travestyny; 12-31-2017, 09:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post
                      LMAO. These^^ are the best, most coherent answers you will get from these brain dead flawmos, daggum.

'you mad' pathetic.
                      Pretty true though isn't it to be honest?

Comment

Working...
                      X