Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather was offered around 7 Million Dollars to fight Margarito!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
    I've already schooled you on this topic many times. Please stop quoting me about it
    it was 7 million for marg or 4 million for sharmba. he chose sharmba. there were no contract extensions like you claim for this fight. that came later. dont try to conflate things.

also he wanted to fight marg by demanding 20 million guarantee to fight hoya....hmm thats called pricing yourself out. i have proof of this you know how? he agreed to fight hoya for a 10 million guarantee! owned! i'll fight marg if you guarantee me a billion dollars is essentially what he said. something so crazy no one would ever give him. your comprehension isnt up to par so you didnt pick up on it. no promoter would ever guarante him 20 mill for a hoya fight. top rank and golden boy both refused and he only got 10 so yes he priced himself out and in your mind that equals floyd wanted the fight? makes no sense but good try though. you just cant win this one. you dont have the substance. you got a dud fighter to defend.
    Last edited by daggum; 12-30-2017, 10:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teetotaler View Post
      Why would froid fight margarito? Its not like he fights Mexican/Latino fighters on Mexican holidays or anything
      no one has ever tried to refute this argument. floyd knows the demographics of boxing. thats why he always cherry picked mexicans but when it came to margarito....sharmba, judah, and unknown baldomir from argentina were better options for the so called "money man" it was all a farce. it wasnt about money. it was about making sure he didnt lose with easy opponents. hey he still got tons of money from gullible fans and these people wont admit they got duped so they are doubling down and pretending he was amazing because they dont want to admit they wasted their money

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        After Judah lost and Floyd got Mitchell out of the way, he should have fought Margarito.

It was on the table.
        But you forget that fighting Margarito would have come with resigning a contract. He broke loose and made much more than the terms he was asking for (rejected by Arum) in that contract.

Comment

• The Floyd Mayweather brigade is on full force to defend Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
            it was 7 million for marg or 4 million for sharmba. he chose sharmba. there were no contract extensions like you claim for this fight. that came later. dont try to conflate things.

also he wanted to fight marg by demanding 20 million guarantee to fight hoya....hmm thats called pricing yourself out. i have proof of this you know how? he agreed to fight hoya for a 10 million guarantee! owned! i'll fight marg if you guarantee me a billion dollars is essentially what he said. something so crazy no one would ever give him. your comprehension isnt up to par so you didnt pick up on it. no promoter would ever guarante him 20 mill for a hoya fight. top rank and golden boy both refused and he only got 10 so yes he priced himself out and in your mind that equals floyd wanted the fight? makes no sense but good try though. you just cant win this one. you dont have the substance. you got a dud fighter to defend.

Dude, just give up already. You're wrong.

Floyd Mayweather wanted out of the Arum/Top Rank contract. His team knew he could make more money doing it their way, which they proved with outstanding results. You're trying to say people have the time frame off, but it seems you didn't do your homework:

Besides the shots Mayweather has taken for his selection of opponents, he has also weathered a serious promotional storm over the past few months.

With the help of HBO, Mayweather and adviser Alan Haymon broke their promotional agreement with Top Rank promoter Bob Arum, and signed a one-fight deal with Dan Goossen, who is promoting Saturday's card. An enraged Arum sued.

Eventually, HBO backed down and convinced Mayweather and Haymon to settle with Top Rank. They did last month. In return, Arum dropped his lawsuit (despite ongoing hostility between Top Rank and HBO); Mayweather agreed to return to Top Rank after Saturday's fight with a new two-year deal; and HBO will televise the match.
            http://www.espn.com/sports/boxing/co...dan&id=2228717

This Sharmba Mitchell fight was promoted by Dan Goossen. Months before, Mayweather broke away from Arum. Grumpy Arum was moaning and crying like a baby, it seems.

Arum and Don King then made the Judah fight.

We all know what happened next. Mayweather went on to earn more than he was even asking Arum for. You're too dense to understand what was done. He said he'd fight Margarito for 7 million if he could get Hatton for $10 million, Cotto for $10 million, and De La Hoya for $20 million. Bob said no. His team went out and got him $11 million for Hatton $25 million for De La Hoya.

Go here to see how. I've shown it to you 3 times now:

http://www.businessinsider.com/floyd...op-rank-2015-4
            Last edited by travestyny; 12-30-2017, 11:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              It was what was on the rest of the table that was the problem.
              Maybe but I feel like at the time he could have fought Margarito over Judah and then gone into the Baldomir fight with the intentions he did (of leaving)

Not sure how much he got paid for Judah.

At that point, all the (lack of) options were yet to come to the table.

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                But you forget that fighting Margarito would have come with resigning a contract. He broke loose and made much more than the terms he was asking for (rejected by Arum) in that contract.
                I'm going off memory here but I don't think he would have had to have resigned at that point.

I know Judah was a joint promotion with Don King. But why not fight Margarito instead of Judah? That's what I wanted at the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  I'm going off memory here but I don't think he would have had to have resigned at that point.

I know Judah was a joint promotion with Don King. But why not fight Margarito instead of Judah? That's what I wanted at the time.

I suppose he could have fought Margarito instead of Judah. But wasn't it planned ahead of time (Judah's fight with Baldomir was 1/2006, which means it was set less than 2 months after Floyd's last fight, and they reworked the deal after Judah lost likely to get even more money), and a more scintillating matchup? You obviously disagree, but as a fan at that time, personally you tell me Floyd vs. Zab or Floyd vs. Margarito, I'm saying who is Margarito, especially when compared to Zab even coming off of a close loss which most just assumed occurred because he overlooked the dude.
                  Last edited by travestyny; 12-30-2017, 11:32 PM.

Comment

I suppose he could have fought Margarito instead of Judah. But wasn't it planned ahead of time, and a more scintillating matchup? You obviously disagree, but as a fan at that time, personally you tell me Floyd vs. Zab or Floyd vs. Margarito, I'm saying who is Margarito, especially when compared to Zab even coming off of a close loss which most just assumed occurred because he overlooked the dude.
                    It was agreed yes but only verbally.

Mayweather-Judah was a big PPV fight whej Judah was champ but after he lost it lost most of it's steam but it was still a decent fight but after he lost the belts for me the fight to make was Margarito who had the WBO.

I felt he should have fought Margarito, let Judah and Baldomir rematch and fight the winner. Or, just fight Margarito then Baldomir.

Comment

I suppose he could have fought Margarito instead of Judah. But wasn't it planned ahead of time, and a more scintillating matchup? You obviously disagree, but as a fan at that time, personally you tell me Floyd vs. Zab or Floyd vs. Margarito, I'm saying who is Margarito, especially when compared to Zab even coming off of a close loss which most just assumed occurred because he overlooked the dude.
                      fighting a guy who just lost to a bum is a more scintillating match up? on what planet? floyd always cherry picked mexicans so why not margarito? also they had to make another contract after judah lost to baldomir so it was planned but then scuttled after he lost only to be revived by floyd for some unknown reason. probably saw another easy win and easy money.

Comment

Working...
                      X