Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather was offered around 7 Million Dollars to fight Margarito!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    I don't know about any of that but either way that was the fight to make many people felt. I don't know the it's and it's of the money.

Arun wanted it, and HBO would have got behind it for sure if it happened.
    That's not what I'm seeing, bro. HBO helped Mayweather break his contract with Arum. That shows that HBO didn't care about this fight at that time. Arum was having trouble finding Margarito a date for his fight that was postponed.

Arum decided in a week that the Judah fight was still on after the loss. I'm not just pulling this stuff out of my ass. Everything I'm saying can be verified.

With the help of HBO, Mayweather and adviser Alan Haymon broke their promotional agreement with Top Rank promoter Bob Arum, and signed a one-fight deal with Dan Goossen, who is promoting Saturday's card. An enraged Arum sued.
    http://www.espn.com/sports/boxing/co...dan&id=2228717

Margarito finds home: When the Nov. 12 Vitali Klitschko-Hasim Rahman heavyweight championship fight was canceled following Klitschko's injury and subsequent retirement, it left Arum looking for a home for the televised undercard bouts.

In particular, it left welterweight titlist Margarito, who has been surprisingly overlooked by HBO and Showtime executives, in need of a fight date.

So Top Rank is creating one for him, and is planning a pay-per-view card for Feb. 18. Margarito will headline against Manuel Gomez, in what was supposed to be the Klitschko-Rahman cofeature.

Despite Zab Judah's shocking defeat last week at the hands of little-known Carlos Baldomir for the welterweight championship, a high-profile fight with Floyd Mayweather Jr. appears to still be in the plans, reports ESPN.com.

Regardless of Judah's loss, he and Mayweather (35-0, 24 KOs) will meet in Las Vegas for a 12-round bout on April 8 at the Thomas & Mack Center, Mayweather promoter Bob Arum and Judah promoter Don King told ESPN.com on Friday.
    http://www.boxingscene.com/despite-l...still-go--2893

I'm guessing HBO wanted to help Floyd get away from Arum so he could stop blocking the fights that they really wanted, mainly De La Hoya. Arum was also already ripping off Floyd, as I think I've shown you already. HBO's help is what ultimately allowed Floyd to buy out his contract.

Bro, it's the same thing they did to Garcia. Claim that he turned down fights. Listen to what he says about why he left Top Rank, how Top Rank lied to the media about what was offered, and how the interviewer says it's similar to Floyd's time with Top Rank:

Last edited by travestyny; 12-31-2017, 06:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
      That's not what I'm seeing, bro. HBO helped Mayweather break his contract with Arum. That shows that HBO didn't care about this fight at that time. Arum was having trouble finding Margarito a date for his fight that was postponed.

Arum decided in a week that the Judah fight was still on after the loss. I'm not just pulling this stuff out of my ass. Everything I'm saying can be verified.

http://www.boxingscene.com/despite-l...still-go--2893

I'm guessing HBO wanted to help Floyd get away from Arum so he could stop blocking the fights that they really wanted, mainly De La Hoya. Arum was also already ripping off Floyd, as I think I've shown you already. HBO's help is what ultimately allowed Floyd to buy out his contract.

Bro, it's the same thing they did to Garcia. Claim that he turned down fights. Listen to what he says about why he left Top Rank, how Top Rank lied to the media about what was offered, and how the interviewer says it's similar to Floyd's time with Top Rank:

You make some good points.

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
        Why did Pacman duck him in his prime. Didn't Mayweather sign a 50/50 contract to fight him?
        Mayweather gave Pac a flat fee of like 30 mill I think it was at the time while Mayweather would get all the PPV bonus. At that time Pac was red hot and obviously Top Rank didn't feel that was a fair offer knowing the amount of PPV it was going to generate and naturally turned it down.

Eventually going into the fight 5+ years later, Pac lost a lot of demand room because now he was looking the lesser of the two and had to take whatever he could get.

So yeah we got a ***** fight 5+ years later, Pac made a lot less money (but more than initially offered to him), and I blame it on Jr. for putting so many demands on the fight early on to stall it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
          Mayweather gave Pac a flat fee of like 30 mill I think it was at the time while Mayweather would get all the PPV bonus. At that time Pac was red hot and obviously Top Rank didn't feel that was a fair offer knowing the amount of PPV it was going to generate and naturally turned it down.

Eventually going into the fight 5+ years later, Pac lost a lot of demand room because now he was looking the lesser of the two and had to take whatever he could get.

So yeah we got a ***** fight 5+ years later, Pac made a lot less money (but more than initially offered to him), and I blame it on Jr. for putting so many demands on the fight early on to stall it.
          I respect your opinion, but I just disagree.

1. There is evidence of the very first negotiation being for a 50/50 split and a contract that Mayweather signed.

2. Freddie Roach admits that the very first failed negotiation was Pac's side's fault.

3. They were stuck at Manny wanting a 24 day cutoff and Floyd wanting a 14 day cutoff. 14 days bro. I know you've given blood before. You aren't going to be affected 14 days later. Be reasonable. That was plenty of time.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin (Top Knowledge) View Post
            I'm starting to get the feeling Mayweather is trying to cheat his way into boxing stardom by beating fighters with names... But they're way past it. (Hence the reason he's chasing after ODLH).

All this fight ducking and selective fight picking he's doing nowadays is really starting to make me think he's got something to hide! Or he's lacking in confidence!
            This guy predicted the future

Comment

• Originally posted by ELPacman View Post

first negotiation was a 50/50 offer..it is well documented

Comment

• Comment

• No one will beat Fraud's Ducking Record.

He is a bigger Duck than Daffy and Donald put together.

Comment

Working...
                  X