Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather was offered around 7 Million Dollars to fight Margarito!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather was offered around 7 Million Dollars to fight Margarito!!!

But he turned it down and will be fighting Mitchell for less than 4 Million.

There it is for all of those who were saying that the 85% that was offered to Mayweather from the purse was probably less than when he fights no names... you can see its considerably more. Mayweather simply dont want it.

This is what the MB article says

"Arum and Diaz say that the 'Pretty Boy' was offered in the neighborhood of $7 million to face Margarito. In what could best be described as a 'business move', the same guy who brazenly challenged the bigger Winky Wright decided to bypass Margarito, to collect nearly $4 million to spar with Sharmba Mitchell.

"Flat turned him down like you can not believe," Arum said of Mayweather when he was offered a chance at the WBO title. "Any time we raised his name, Mayweather went crazy."

Could it be that Mayweather will never get in the ring with him?

"I don't know, you never say never," said Arum last week in Los Angeles, where he was in town for Klitschko's open workout with the media. "Floyd is a very proud guy. The more people talk about all these guys ducking Margarito, of anybody, Floyd is the one who'll step up and say,'I'll face him'. He's a ballsy guy but his people have told him that Margarito is the most dangerous guy for him out there." "

Discuss

I have to second guess anything posted by Maxboxing and Fischer. Fischer who is black seems to hate on black slick-flashy-hip hop influenced boxers (Mayweather, Judah for starters). Fischer and his site also thought Morales blew out Raheem.

They're known for hating on fighters.

Plus theyre the only site that nuthuggs fighters (Viloria for example).

Comment

dangers point of view hummmm
      i dont think PBF will fite margarito, he'll use excuses like "who is that" "im only facing top notch fiters" and will duck him. PBF should step it up and fite him. im not saying margarito would win, but like brenton wood says "why wont you, take a chance on me" lol

Comment

i guess its fair because its his first 147 match

Comment

Where the hell are they gonna get 7 million to match him up against Margarito? Sounds like BS to me.

In any case, Mayweather would whoop Margarito but don't need him.

Comment

I'm starting to get the feeling Mayweather is trying to cheat his way into boxing stardom by beating fighters with names... But they're way past it. (Hence the reason he's chasing after ODLH).

All this fight ducking and selective fight picking he's doing nowadays is really starting to make me think he's got something to hide! Or he's lacking in confidence!

Comment

I'm starting to get the feeling Mayweather is trying to cheat his way into boxing stardom by beating fighters with names... But they're way past it. (Hence the reason he's chasing after ODLH).

All this fight ducking and selective fight picking he's doing nowadays is really starting to make me think he's got something to hide! Or he's lacking in confidence!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin (Top Knowledge)

lol, you do realize Hatton, who's all over your sig and avatar like a pin up girl, said he "wasn't ready to fight Floyd until next year"?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin (Top Knowledge)

I've alluded to this numerous times, Martin. Not so much the hiding bit, but fighting name guys who are past it, or never that good anyway - eg Gatti & Chop Chop. Looks good on the resume, but the reality is different.

Comment

Originally posted by Bozo_no_no
                    lol, you do realize Hatton, who's all over your sig and avatar like a pin up girl, said he "wasn't ready to fight Floyd until next year"?
                    You do realise that you are childishly trying to pick an argument with me, because no one has mentioned Hatton, and this thread has absolutly nothing to do with Hatton,

Comment

Working...
                    X