No announcement yet.

Wlad's Top 5 Wins Vs. Ali's Top 5 Wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopperRead View Post
    Corrie Sanders and Sam Peter are very hard punchers.

And most of the shots Peter knocked Wlad down with were rabbit punches.

Ali got dropped by CHUCK WEPNER...CHUCK WEPNER, so I guess it can happen to anyone, eh?

Lol Chuck Wepner stepped on his foot lol... Not the same thing at all

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      I like Wladimir Klitschko but let's not compare him to Muhammad Ali for crying out loud.
      Lets do.

I'm sorry, did I miss something? Is Ali a God that can't be compared to mortal man?

If you can't debate the topic at hand, keep it moving.

Comment

Originally posted by Asian Sensation View Post
        David Haye: Yeah, he didn't clear out the heavyweight division before fighting Wladimir, but isn't his situation similar to Michael Spinks? Spinks fought Holmes at the end, arguably losing the second fight, then taking two weak defenses before being laid out by Tyson. Is considered Tyson's greatest win.
        Not only did Spinks have a greater LHW resume than Haye had at CW, not only is Spinks the better and greater fighter compare to Haye. But, Spinks actually has the better accomplishment resume wins than Haye does.

Spinks was lineal champ, Haye wasn't.

Did Haye beat anybody as good as that version of Holmes? I wouldn't put Valuev, Barret, or that version of Ruiz as good as that version of Holmes. Even if Holmes was at the end(still had good wins after the Spinks fights) was still better than anybody in Haye HW resume.

So you can't say Haye has a good win at HW better than Spinks wins at HW.

So in that aspect Tyson win over Spinks>>>>Wlad win over Haye.

But, the Haye win was not bad. IMO no matter what happens from here on out Wlad walks into the HOF.

And, just like Tyson when it's all said and done both are top 20 ATG HW's.

IMO though Tyson is closer to the top 10(not in the top 10) while Wlad is closer to the top 15(arguably in the top 15) so not much separates Tyson and Wlad on my ranking.

Comment

Originally posted by Asian Sensation View Post
          David Haye: Yeah, he didn't clear out the heavyweight division before fighting Wladimir, but isn't his situation similar to Michael Spinks? Spinks fought Holmes at the end, arguably losing the second fight, then taking two weak defenses before being laid out by Tyson. Is considered Tyson's greatest win.

I don't know if Spinks should be considered Tyson's biggest win. But if he is there are some big differences between him and Haye. 1. He was the unified light heavyweight champion before moving up and considered among the top 10 all time fighters at 175. 2. Spinks took the title from the recognized heavyweight champion who is also considered an all time great. That is a far cry from a Valuev who should have lost to Ruiz. Ruiz himself, Monte Barrett and Audley Harrison. Mind you, I'm not saying Tyson's resume is gold, but he certainly fought more talented fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Player3 View Post
            Wlad didn't get knocked down by Sanders, he got knocked out by Sanders. And i love how you leave out Ross Purrity.

And Wepner on the same level as guys like Corrie Sanders & Ross Purrity? In what universe?

Wepner beat Ernie Terrell, and was a top ten contender for several years during the mid-70's, which ****'z on anything Sanders or Purrity has done in their career outside of beating Wlad. Sanders & Purrity have no other meaningful wins or noteworthy career acheivements outside of KO'ing Wlad. Which tells you all you need to know.

1. Wlad dominated Ross Purity until he ran out of steam. His fault, he was too feisty and tried to do too much for a big man, that's inexperience. He fixed that.

2. Since you're talking about resumes and fighters not having done much since beating Wlad. What has Joe Frazier done besides beating Ali? Now lets see you list a bunch of nobodies on Frazier's resume and put them over like a million bux, because they're from the 60's and 1960's bums >>> Present bums via Default.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
              Not only did Spinks have a greater LHW resume than Haye had at CW, not only is Spinks the better and greater fighter compare to Haye. But, Spinks actually has the better accomplishment resume wins than Haye does.

Spinks was lineal champ, Haye wasn't.

Did Haye beat anybody as good as that version of Holmes? I wouldn't put Valuev, Barret, or that version of Ruiz as good as that version of Holmes. Even if Holmes was at the end(still had good wins after the Spinks fights) was still better than anybody in Haye HW resume.

So you can't say Haye has a good win at HW better than Spinks wins at HW.

So in that aspect Tyson win over Spinks>>>>Wlad win over Haye.

But, the Haye win was not bad. IMO no matter what happens from here on out Wlad walks into the HOF.

And, just like Tyson when it's all said and done both are top 20 ATG HW's.

IMO though Tyson is closer to the top 10(not in the top 10) while Wlad is closer to the top 15(arguably in the top 15) so not much separates Tyson and Wlad on my ranking.

Why you gotta type faster than me MOFO?

Comment

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post

I don't accept this premise.

What made Joe Frazier great? Oh yeah, he beat Ali, that's what made him great.
                Who would you say that's on Wlad resume it's as great or as good as Frazier in your opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post

1. Wlad dominated Ross Purity until he ran out of steam. His fault, he was too feisty and tried to do too much for a big man, that's inexperience. He fixed that.

2. Since you're talking about resumes and fighters not having done much since beating Wlad. What has Joe Frazier done besides beating Ali? Now lets see you list a bunch of nobodies on Frazier's resume and put them over like a million bux, because they're from the 60's and 1960's bums >>> Present bums via Default.
                  Jerry Quarry over ANYBODY on Wlads resume.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Why you gotta type faster than me MOFO?
                    It's OK, your post was still much better written than mine

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X