Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    No, it's not.
    Yes it is, the way he throws his right hand is very similar to Floyd, the way he counters with it especially.

Comment

People have no idea in general.
      yes people mentioning some of the "names" in sport don't make sense, it has to be lesser known "gym fighters" that posses the right physical characteristics, style and determination to put it on a well known guy like Cotto

Comment

People have no idea in general.
        you know how fighters say "you ain't never been in the ring you don't know"

I can say "you ain't ever hired a sparring partner!"

Comment

• Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
          Yes it is, the way he throws his right hand is very similar to Floyd, the way he counters with it especially.

It's really not.

Comment

• Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
            Oh, as if people clamoring for Shane freaking Mosley is more legit than Joshua Clottey. Shane lands on right hand on Mayweather and he somehow can ensure that Cotto is prepared to fight Mayweather.

Simple questions:

Does Floyd have fast hands? Yes. At 147 and 154, does Clottey have fast hands? Yes.

Does Floyd fight from a defensive posture? Yes. Does Clottey fight from a defensive posture? Yes.

Did Cotto have trouble breaking Clottey's guard? Yes. Will Cotto have trouble breaking Mayweather's guard? Most likely, yes.

In Mayweather's last two fights, was he mobile? No. Did he fight from the pocket, in the center from the guard position? Yes. Is Clottey mobile? Not really. In Cotto/Clottey, did Clottey fight from the pocket and from the guard?Yes.

Do Clottey and Mayweather have similar builds, frames and solid foundation of boxing acumen? Yes.

Is there anyone as good as Mayweather? No. Can anyone replicate his style? No. Did Clottey fight the type of fight in the Cotto match that Mayweather did against Mosley and Ortiz? Yes. He waiting for openings and attacked. He was hard to hit and Cotto barely got clean shots.

Therefore, its not too hard to follow along that with the best available options that Clottey is a good choice. I mean Adrien Broner? Chad Dawson? Floyd said that he will fight in the pocket, from a defensive position. He said so against MOsley and Ortiz and stuck true to word. What is Adrien Broner going to do, he's going to run and Cotto will just bully him effortlessly due to the size disparity. Dawson? I mean really.

People on NSB are just adept at being TMZ type of fans instead of looking at the bigger picture and look at things from a different angle.

When this fight paints an eerily similar picture to what we saw in Cotto/Clottey, I hope to remember this thread
            I would compare Clottey's defensive posture more to Arthur Abraham's then that of Floyd's shoulder roll Philly style defense. Shane has the speed and foot work in a sparring session to emulate Floyd. **** if you really want to get good sparring in then just spar with Khan that is what Manny does no?

Comment

• is this the fight poster?

they look alike.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toney Loc View Post
                The point about sparring is to try to emulate your future opponent's style. Floyd is orthodox, fast and has that shoulder roll defense.Why am I seeing southpaws being named? Judah lol and Dawson WTF? And Clottey? He fights NOTHING like Floyd.
                Funny thing is Dawson's actually right handed so they surely could ask him

Do you know anyone else that's that athletic with the hand speed and defense

At a lower weight class?

If he can get pass some chad shots he can get passed floyds

Comment

• Broner..........

Comment

• HELL YEA!!...I can't wait..

Comment

• Should Cotto hire Roach to get ready for Mayweather?

i think thatd be the best move since ROach been stdying Floyd for a while. if hes not successful with cotto, he can try again with manny.

Comment

Working...
                      X