Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• De La Hoya-Pac didn't sell 1.4 million PPV's. It sold 1.25 million.

Comment

• Originally posted by fvanesbeck View Post
      I don't know how many of you watched Saturdays fight on Boxnation, but if you did, you couldn't have missed Steve Bunce, the eccentric and somewhat ****** pundit that used to host Boxnation's fight nights but has now resumed his role as a pundit in the studio. When the subject of Mayweather's jail term came up, Bunce claimed that Cotto used to have a drinking problem and was in trouble for beating up his trainer and his wife.

Obviously the statement about the trainer is a reference to the blowout between Miguel and Evangelista Cotto when the latter threw a brick through Cotto's car window(though I'm not sure if Cotto retaliated violently or not). I really don't get the thing about the wife or the drinking problem though? As far as I can see, he made it up off of the top of his head.

Does anyone know if there's any validity to anything he said or is he, as usual, just full of ****?
      That was all true. Cotto used to have a drinking problem and nearly died in an accident driving drunk when he fell asleep behind the wheel. He also used to beat up his wife and had another woman who he brought to the gym in the presence of his children and that started problems with Evangelista his uncle and coach.This later led to a fight which went on all night,cars getting destroyed etc and he separated from his wife for a long time. Cotto isn't a saint.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        Still, most of Cotto's punches didn't land that clean. Half of his landed punches were body shots, and he only landed 100 punches or so.

Cotto won 2-3 rounds.
        those the punches the pacquiao throws.

Comment

• ive heard about the drinking thing, not that he had a problem but that he was a drinker between fights. bunce has been saying it for years, leading up to the pacquiao fight (i think) he said of cottos drinking "he could drink ricky hatton under the table". thats some serious drinking.

as for evangelista cotto i think there was another incident other than the one you spoke off when they indeed got into it physicly, hard to imagine evangelista coming out on top in that scenario. not sure though.

the wife thing is news to me. i know cotto has more or less admitted to being a poor husband (or that he used to be), but beating your wife is a far stretch from being a poor husband. as i understood he meant he was abscent much of the time and didnt spend enough time with her and i assumed thats why he has his family with him in camp these days now that they are back together.

Comment

• Originally posted by 30%Cottoxposeu
            past prime cotto at arguably his worst weight surprised a lot of people. now imagine if this was a prime cotto.
            When was prime Cotto? Do you mean the Cotto that gassed and ran for the last third of fights?

Comment

• that guy is extremely ***in annoying, with his High Pitch B!tch Voice

sounds like he is just whining when they are discussing boxing in the studio

Comment

• pac marquez was better

Comment

• Miguels had some problems in the past but it's ****** to bring them up during the fight. Floyds problems are now, Miguels are well in the past. To bring them up after it has been years shows the guy had an agenda to make it look like what Floyd does is normal or trying to make Miguel look bad. Either way it isn't professional at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    De La Hoya-Pac didn't sell 1.4 million PPV's. It sold 1.25 million.
                    You're right.

Got it confused when typing it.

Crazy how many big PPV fights have gone down in the past 3-4 years. It used to be maybe every couple years a 1 million plus, now it's 2-3 a year.

Comment

• Steve Bunce is a big time Flo-mo. He also hates Max Kellerman, Cotto never hit his wife, he did cheat on her multiple times and admitted to it she caught him walked out and thant hey reconciled.

Bunce is jealous of Kellerman watch this video he insults Max here
                      Last edited by hectari; 05-07-2012, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X