Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thats a dumbass statement, so Cotto has never been the agressor in a fight, he has never lead??

Fykk outta here Jeff Mayweather!

Comment

• Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
      Trout's a southpaw but YES to Kell Brook. Great call man, Kell Brook doesn't quite have the defensive similarities but his offense is VERY similar to Floyd's.
      Brook somewhat reminded me of Floyd somewhat in how he set up the pull counter in his last fight but that is more due to lack of opposition, also I've only seen him utilize that punch well in one fight. I find Brook to be average in speed, not fast on his feet and he tends to telegraph a lot. What about Floyd's lead left hook, jab, ability to fight in the clinches, so much to consider man. Cotto needs to spar someone big, someone who's gonna get very physical with him, a Jr MW I'm guessing. It's gonna take a mix of styles to help him prepare, Molina, Henry, Clottey to name a few but I doubt he can get those guys to spar him. The guy in my sig would be a really good pick, he has a great lead left hook, very unpredictable in his attack.

Comment

• Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
        Thats a dumbass statement, so Cotto has never been the agressor in a fight, he has never lead??

Fykk outta here Jeff Mayweather!
        I dont think in his fights since the 1st margarito fight Cotto was a lead. Maybe at 140 but not at 147 and above.....well mayve vs Paulie and Judah

Comment

• Steward style of coaching isnt good for Cotto's style of fighting. Steward tries to get his fighters to be passive patient boxers. Cotto would never outbox Floyd. His only chance is to take it to him and **** away.

Comment

• at this point, no sparring partner can prepare cotto against floyd.

Comment

• He need help with his stamina!!!

Comment

• Cotto was the aggressor in the Mosley fight. He wasn't even fazed by Mosley's multiple right hand over the top punches. If he only Shane had made him missed more, but Shane was too nervous.
                Last edited by Carpe Diem; 02-02-2012, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                  Brook somewhat reminded me of Floyd somewhat in how he set up the pull counter in his last fight but that is more due to lack of opposition, also I've only seen him utilize that punch well in one fight. I find Brook to be average in speed, not fast on his feet and he tends to telegraph a lot. What about Floyd's lead left hook, jab, ability to fight in the clinches, so much to consider man. Cotto needs to spar someone big, someone who's gonna get very physical with him, a Jr MW I'm guessing. It's gonna take a mix of styles to help him prepare, Molina, Henry, Clottey to name a few but I doubt he can get those guys to spar him. The guy in my sig would be a really good pick, he has a great lead left hook, very unpredictable in his attack.
                  Yea, someone said Soloman and I agreed. But the way Brook counters with his right hand really reminds me of Floyd. He's all reflexes, arching back and just pushing that straight right down the pipe right over a jab.

Comment

• kell brook!

khan??

malinaggi?

judah?

Comment

• cotto has always been the aggressor except in the pac and cheato fights

Comment

Working...
                      X