Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao takes on all comers, really?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
    Can you defend the fact that Floyd declined to fight Manny? \

As for Pac's resume, if you look at Pac's resume that lead him to stardom, there's no way in hell you can downplay it. Morales x3, Barrerra x2, Marquez x 2.

As for his recent resume, I wouldn't say beating Cotto and Hatton was not noteworthy. Hatton was fresh off a dominating performance against Paulie, and Cotto was coming off 2 victories. And Clottey? Who the hell knew he would ***** out like that? The guy was a legit WW contender who many thought beat Cotto in their match. It's easy to say that he was a joke in hindsight due to his lackluster performance, but who were we to know he would do that?

Criticize him all you want, but being a Floyd fan, you would be a hypocrite to do so. Fighting a lightweight and then fighting an old fighter who had almost a 1 and a half year lay off isn't the most impressive thing either.
    I don't know if Floyd declined to fight Manny, they didn't come to terms 4 whatever reason. Mabye Floyd declined to fight Manny maybe he didn't, I'm not like most people who just believe hearsay and whatever they read. I do know that Manny refused the fight and the 14-day cutoff the first time, but then he supposedly agrees a few months later? That's suspect bro, anyway this has nothing to do with Floyd vs Manny, I want to know why people think Manny takes on all comers when recently all he's been fighting is fighters who just got their ass whooped.

Comment

Originally posted by FootWork777 View Post
      I don't know if Floyd declined to fight Manny, they didn't come to terms 4 whatever reason. Mabye Floyd declined to fight Manny maybe he didn't, I'm not like most people who just believe hearsay and whatever they read. I do know that Manny refused the fight and the 14-day cutoff the first time, but then he supposedly agrees a few months later? That's suspect bro, anyway this has nothing to do with Floyd vs Manny, I want to know why people think Manny takes on all comers when recently all he's been fighting is fighters who just got their ass whooped.
      Well, the people who think he takes on all comers are delusional. Not even your boy does that.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla Dogs View Post
        Mayweather is too scared to fight guys in their primes ...... look at his last 3 opponents
        Please tell me why can't Pacquiao find a legitimate opponent who has a 3+ fight winning streak?

Comment

Please tell me why can't Pacquiao find a legitimate opponent who has a 3+ fight winning streak?
          cause Arum and Oscar are "milking" Pac's career with FIXED FIGHTS, and handpicking weight-drained fighters, and are helping him duck tough fights, and are also helping him avoid being caught using EPO Steroids/Hormones.

Comment

Pac lately takes all comers, as long as they are from Top Rank.

Comment

What's good peeps? I'm new to the scene, I enjoy seeing some of the opinions on the board so now I've decided to post myself. Let me start by saying first and foremost I'm a huge boxing fan as well as a Floyd Mayweather fan, yes u can actually be both Anyway, I think that Floyd deserves some crticism, but he takes WAY 2 much IMO, and I'm not talking about his legal issues, nobody who wasn't involved really knows what went down. I'm talking about what goes down strictly in the ring, particularly as far as oppostion.

Manny Pacquiao is a tremendous fighter, probably the best offensive fighter in the sport 2day. However, his competition since his move up to welterweight leaves a lot to be desired. Manny has fought Oscar (busted up by freaking Steve Forbes previous fight), Ricky Hatton (badly koncked out by Floyd before fighting Manny), Miguel Cotto (took savage beating by Margarito before fighting Manny), Joshua Clottey (who just lost to Cotto before fighting Manny), and now he's fighting Margarito (who just took a massive ass whoopin from Shane). Hmmmmmm.....it seems there's a pattern here. How the hell can anybody say Pacquiao has faced top competition as of late? This is an absolute joke

People bash Floyd's competition, but Manny's aint any better. Why does he continue to fight slow come forward battered fighters with limited boxing skills? Why the hell doesn't Manny just fight JMM again? I don't care what weight the fight is at, they have unfinished business, everybody knows Pacman vs. JMM 3 would be an extremely lucrative bout. If Manny can spark JMM out so quickly at the higher weights he should just prove it. At least Floyd manned up and proved he could beat Castillo decisively. There are other legit fights out there for Manny such as Berto, the winner of Alexnder vs. Bradley, the winner of Martinez vs Williams, hell even Amir Khan (if he gets past Maidana). I'm sick and tired of Manny being praised for fighting fighters coming off SEVERE ass whoppins. Manny should stop hiding behind Roach and Arum and fight some legitimate competition, whether he fights Floyd or not. Now he's prolly gonna fight Mosley next or Cotto Why do so many of u choose to ignore the facts and heap all this praise on Manny? This is a legitimate question that I want legitimate answers to........
              Lets see Floyds been parked at WW for how long now and he finally just fights Shane Mosely who has had 5 losses prior.
              Floyd fights lightweight Marquez who has 4 losses prior. Lets not forget the weight advantage Floyd had...
              Floyd SD and old DLH
              Floyd makes Hatton come up to 147
              Lets not forget Floyd not fighting again this year unless its against the judge.

Pac came up from lightweight has fought Cotto, Clottey, and now Margarito all fighters Floyd clearly stayed away from during his retirement..

Again, Floyd is an excellent fighter but in this stage of his career he is a BIG REWARD, LESS RISK type fighter... He continues to find some cop out excuse not to fight big challenges and thats whats ruining his name... It aint the first time Floyd has ducked bigger opposition..

Comment

Originally posted by Mayas View Post
                cause Arum and Oscar are "milking" Pac's career with FIXED FIGHTS, and handpicking weight-drained fighters, and are helping him duck tough fights, and are also helping him avoid being caught using EPO Steroids/Hormones.
                Typical answer from a Pac hater in Denial...

Comment

So Floyds been fighting these types of fighters.. We get what your trying to do and thats dis credit Pac but remember, Pac is fighting fighters Floyd hasnt, Cotto, Clottey, and Margarito, and he also beat fighters in a quicker and better fashion then Floyd, Hatton and Delaquitter.

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
                    Pac lately takes all comers, as long as they are from Top Rank.
                    I would blame that one on Bob Arum

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla Dogs View Post
                      Mayweather is too scared to fight guys in their primes ...... look at his last 3 opponents
                      Assuming your a Pacqiauo fan which i know your not a real one as you were a Mayweather 'fan' a month or two ago but lets pretend you are a real Pacqiauo fan, When was the last time Pacqiauo fought a fighter in there utter prime?

Comment

Working...
                      X