Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I’m pretty confident Fury will beat Usyk.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Yeah as great as Usyk is, I just think it’s a step too far. If he does beat Fury, I think he’s in some very serious conversations all time.
    - - Already a better heavy record than Field, 27-0, 16 KO and 10-0 in title fights compared to Field, 26-10-2 hvy record.

What grade U in this year?

Comment

We're going to see a lot more damage this time!
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Size matters. I just don’t see Usyk being able to get inside and close that gap. I could see it being a bit like Teofimo vs Loma.

Fury looks in good shape and I think it’s clear the game plan is to keep it long. Usyk is quite selective with his punches, he can be overly patient like Loma, Klitschko etc, I think back to the Bellew fight and how it took him a little while to get inside Bellew’s jab. I’m almost certain Fury wins this fight by a boring and quite ugly decision.

It’s a weird feeling because I do want Usyk to win but I just can’t see it happening when analysing the fight.
        Chisora was massive compared to usyk.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow The Wisp View Post
          We're going to see a lot more damage this time!
          No,,, these heavyweights aren't used to his cruserweight speed

Comment

Originally posted by automaton89 View Post

Chisora was massive compared to usyk.
            Chisora had 11 losses and was shot and Usyk won by 1 round on two cards. Even his manager thought it he only won by a round.

he definitely struggled at times with the physicality of Del Boy but was fresh and good enough to get past him.

Something we haven't seen from Usyk is how he can fight against someone with a massive reach advantage that actually knows how to use it. so that will be interesting. we already know from the Del fight that he not really comfortable with a big physical heavyweight getting on top of him, which
            he didn't have to encounter again with Joshua or Dubois they don't know how to do that. But how about very long range? this will be the first opponent with the huge reach advantage that understands how to use it.

We already know there's no way he can do anything with Fury if Fury gets that close range with him if he was struggling with Chisoras physicality. We've seen Fury bullying Chisora.

That's why I say Usyk only really wins this fight if its fought at mid range, but why would Fury allow that when he has huge advantages at long range or close up?

Last edited by deathofaclown; 05-17-2024, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Size matters. I just don’t see Usyk being able to get inside and close that gap. I could see it being a bit like Teofimo vs Loma.

Fury looks in good shape and I think it’s clear the game plan is to keep it long. Usyk is quite selective with his punches, he can be overly patient like Loma, Klitschko etc, I think back to the Bellew fight and how it took him a little while to get inside Bellew’s jab. I’m almost certain Fury wins this fight by a boring and quite ugly decision.

It’s a weird feeling because I do want Usyk to win but I just can’t see it happening when analysing the fight.
              I think a few rounds in Fury is going to realize he doesn’t have his old legs, and then when he can’t clinch and lean it’ll be a big problem.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post

The difference between Fury/Usyk and Teo/Loma is that Teo hits hard enough to intimidate a smaller guy like Loma and make him cautious about getting close enough to land his own shots. Teo's game plan of pivoting with Loma, plus that intimidating power, is what won the fight for him.

Imo, Fury doesn't have the kind of power to intimidate Usyk. Not with fast punches thrown on the move, at any rate.
                It also helped that Loma injured his shoulder and was arrogant enough to think he could win with only one arm, and not even the lead. He didn't throw that swivel jab he loves for like 6 rounds. When you give away 7 rounds, all your opponent has to do is make it to the final bell to win.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

Chisora had 11 losses and was shot and Usyk won by 1 round on two cards. Even his manager thought it he only won by a round.

he definitely struggled at times with the physicality of Del Boy but was fresh and good enough to get past him.

Something we haven't seen from Usyk is how he can fight against someone with a massive reach advantage that actually knows how to use it. so that will be interesting. we already know from the Del fight that he not really comfortable with a big physical heavyweight getting on top of him, which
                  he didn't have to encounter again with Joshua or Dubois they don't know how to do that. But how about very long range? this will be the first opponent with the huge reach advantage that understands how to use it.

We already know there's no way he can do anything with Fury if Fury gets that close range with him if he was struggling with Chisoras physicality. We've seen Fury bullying Chisora.

That's why I say Usyk only really wins this fight if its fought at mid range, but why would Fury allow that when he has huge advantages at long range or close up?
                  ​​​​
                  The only way I see Fury winning is with the jab. He"s not a great technical fighter. He should stick and move

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Giggles
                    I’m very confident Usyk wins. Fury can’t keep up with usyks workrate and his footwork will have fury bamboozled and puzzled. Fury will tire towards the end whereas Usyk will just keep going
                    This is EXACTLY how I predict the fight will go unless Fury manages to stop Usyk (potentially with a body shot). There's just no way Fury can outbox Usyk over 12 rounds and win on points (unless he gets another crooked scorecard like the Ngannou fight).

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post

Break it down then, how does Usyk beat Tyson Fury if Tyson keeps it long, and smothers and leans him whenever Usyk tries to close the distance? I'm genuinely curious to know.
                      Fury is sloppy fighter, not able to 'keep it long' like in textbook style (like Bivol for ex.), he is going to get hit and feel that straight left hand to the chin. Usyk moves a lot better in this fight and he isn't that much smaller than Fury in terms of Heavyweights, 105 kg vs 120kg. Fury does not have the power to keep Usyk at bay, throws arms punches except when he decides to really sit on his punches. But when Fury is going to sit on his punches he is going to be a stationary target and Usyk will circle around and throw that hard left. Biggest problem that Fury has is his lack of power. Usyk is going to cook him.

Leaning on Usyk means his chin is going to get close to Usyk fists.

Comment

Working...
                      X