Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I’m pretty confident Fury will beat Usyk.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HisExcellency
    replied
    Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

In your opinion it may have been. The fact is the judges who’s opinions actually matter had it a lot closer.

I had it 114-113 Usyk, I think 115-112 is a good score too. Close fight.
    Yeah but boxing is a corrupt sport and most fans felt that the scorecards were off. 114-113 is way too close in my opinion whereas Fury winning was a complete JOKE.

115-112 sounds reasonable.
    Dr. Z Dr. Z likes this.

Leave a comment:

• Roberto Vasquez
    replied
    Size matters. I just don’t see Usyk being able to get inside and close that gap. I could see it being a bit like Teofimo vs Loma.

Fury looks in good shape and I think it’s clear the game plan is to keep it long. Usyk is quite selective with his punches, he can be overly patient like Loma, Klitschko etc, I think back to the Bellew fight and how it took him a little while to get inside Bellew’s jab. I’m almost certain Fury wins this fight by a boring and quite ugly decision.

It’s a weird feeling because I do want Usyk to win but I just can’t see it happening when analysing the fight.
    Even though you were wrong i still like this bold post. I think Fury did a lot better than many people expected and a lot of it was to do with his size and reach.

What surprised me was Fury didn't grab and lean on Usyk that much. Fury was smart in a way staying away from Usyk and inviting him to attack him

There's no doubt size gives you a big advantage. Usyk is really the exception that proves the rule. CW's just never become dominant at HW. Weight difference is too much. Usyk is still very vulnerable at this weight despite his skill

Leave a comment:

• Haka
    replied
    Originally posted by diplo View Post

Lol

I've heard some crazy things on here, but Hrgovic... What are these people on. There's a reason Hrgovic is where he is now. He is at his ceiling. He's not being protected, because there is NO reason to protect him. Him, Tony Yoka, Efe Ajagba at some stage were all the up and coming ones, those two **** their beds, and Hrgovic is just... nothing. He has done literally nothing to merit any shot at anything.

He doesn't even own any of the **** belts!!
    Lmao still waiting for them to bring up boogeyman Frankie Sanchez.

Leave a comment:

• RJJ-94-02=GOAT
    replied
    Originally posted by HisExcellency View Post

No...the fight was dead even up until the knockdown and then Usyk pulled away in the championship rounds just like he did in the Joshua rematch. Therefore, he CLEARLY won the fight by a few rounds plus the knockdown but Fury received another crooked scorecard unsurprisingly.

At the end of the day, Usyk's superior footwork, ring IQ and work rate made the difference.

However, if Fury wants to win the rematch, he needs to take the fight to him and try to take his head off instead of fighting on the back foot (like Fury-Wilder 2) because he had Usyk in serious trouble in the mid rounds.
    In your opinion it may have been. The fact is the judges who’s opinions actually matter had it a lot closer.

I had it 114-113 Usyk, I think 115-112 is a good score too. Close fight.

Leave a comment:

• HisExcellency
    replied

It didn’t at all. It was an extremely close fight full of momentum swings.

I’m very happy for Usyk. Great performance.
    No...the fight was dead even up until the knockdown and then Usyk pulled away in the championship rounds just like he did in the Joshua rematch. Therefore, he CLEARLY won the fight by a few rounds plus the knockdown but Fury received another crooked scorecard unsurprisingly.

At the end of the day, Usyk's superior footwork, ring IQ and work rate made the difference.

However, if Fury wants to win the rematch, he needs to take the fight to him and try to take his head off instead of fighting on the back foot (like Fury-Wilder 2) because he had Usyk in serious trouble in the mid rounds.

Leave a comment:

• Stab Master Arson
    replied
    Hrgovic got his ass beat by a near 40 year old Zhang. Stop this nonsense.

Leave a comment:

• diplo
    replied

He talks about himself in third person too. He’s a very weird guy.
    He just said that Hrgovic would have beaten Fury. He just said that Hrgovic. Would have beaten Fury. Filip Hrgovic would have beaten Tyson Fury.

Just to re-iterate, he said that Hrgovic would have beaten Fury.

Leave a comment:

• RJJ-94-02=GOAT
    replied

Do you think Hrgovic would have beaten Fury? Or better in general?
    He talks about himself in third person too. He’s a very weird guy.

Leave a comment:

• RJJ-94-02=GOAT
    replied

Lol

I've heard some crazy things on here, but Hrgovic... What are these people on. There's a reason Hrgovic is where he is now. He is at his ceiling. He's not being protected, because there is NO reason to protect him. Him, Tony Yoka, Efe Ajagba at some stage were all the up and coming ones, those two **** their beds, and Hrgovic is just... nothing. He has done literally nothing to merit any shot at anything.

He doesn't even own any of the **** belts!!
    Completely agree. He’s a solid top 10 HW at best. He’s big, strong but very stiff and one dimensional. He’s also beaten nobody outside of Zhang in a fight the majority felt he lost.

Leave a comment:

• diplo
    replied
    Originally posted by Dr. Z

What risk does Hrgovic poses to Usky you ask?

Let's see. He is a big puncher with a skilled body attack. That hook to the body he has is great. A Usyk weakness. He has a very good right hand to the head which is the #1 thing to have vs. Southpaws due to the way they have their guard and stand.

He has an A+ chin and will not be bothered by Usyk blows like Fury or Joshua was.

Those are the key points.

But above and beyond this he is a real fighter isn't likely to back away from Usky attack to a corner.

Boxing wise they are about even. If Usyk was 33 he would have a better chance. He is 37. Hrgovic throws a good amount of punches and IMO is 65/35 to beat Usyk now.

They won't fight IMO. But If they do Usyk will be beaten.

Do you think Hrgovic would have beaten Fury? Or better in general?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X