Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I’m pretty confident Fury will beat Usyk.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m pretty confident Fury will beat Usyk.

Size matters. I just don’t see Usyk being able to get inside and close that gap. I could see it being a bit like Teofimo vs Loma.

Fury looks in good shape and I think it’s clear the game plan is to keep it long. Usyk is quite selective with his punches, he can be overly patient like Loma, Klitschko etc, I think back to the Bellew fight and how it took him a little while to get inside Bellew’s jab. I’m almost certain Fury wins this fight by a boring and quite ugly decision.

It’s a weird feeling because I do want Usyk to win but I just can’t see it happening when analysing the fight.

I'm VERY confident of the complete opposite happening...let's revisit this thread on fight night and see who was right
    Pac=Duran Pac=Duran likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      Size matters. I just don’t see Usyk being able to get inside and close that gap. I could see it being a bit like Teofimo vs Loma.

Fury looks in good shape and I think it’s clear the game plan is to keep it long. Usyk is quite selective with his punches, he can be overly patient like Loma, Klitschko etc, I think back to the Bellew fight and how it took him a little while to get inside Bellew’s jab. I’m almost certain Fury wins this fight by a boring and quite ugly decision.

It’s a weird feeling because I do want Usyk to win but I just can’t see it happening when analysing the fight.
      Pretty much how I see it.

I don't think it'll be exciting, I think it'll be intriguing, maybe.

Usyk has fought big men like AJ but he's flat footed mid-range boxer, absolutely perfect for Usyk. It's tough to beat a smaller quicker man when your only skill set is at his perfect range.

AJ doesn't know how to box long off a jab and pivot like Fury can. He also doesn't know how to "big man" an opponent up close.

That's why size will matter this time. Fury has the luxury of having the ability to box long off a pivot with a huge reach, or he can maul. Usyk really needs Fury to stand and box at mid range and why would Fury do that when he has other options with a major advantage? Dubois and AJ didn't have those options because they never fight that way.

I mention a pivot because Fury is one of few heavyweight that knows how to Jab and pivot. It completely negates a fighter who switches angles because you're keeping them at a distance where their angles aren't doing anything. That's what Teo did to Loma, it was a very smart game plan. Loma only had success when Teo started straying from the game plan, but once he got back on it, Loma was basically ineffective, as was his switch of angle.

You can't switch angle when someone keeps you at long range and pivots with you. Its like the degrees of an inner and outer circle.

Comment

Originally posted by HisExcellency View Post
        I'm VERY confident of the complete opposite happening...let's revisit this thread on fight night and see who was right
        Break it down then, how does Usyk beat Tyson Fury if Tyson keeps it long, and smothers and leans him whenever Usyk tries to close the distance? I'm genuinely curious to know.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

Pretty much how I see it.

I don't think it'll be exciting, I think it'll be intriguing, maybe.

Usyk has fought big men like AJ but he's flat footed mid-range boxer, absolutely perfect for Usyk. It's tough to beat a smaller quicker man when your only skill set is at his perfect range.

AJ doesn't know how to box long off a jab and pivot like Fury can. He also doesn't know how to "big man" an opponent up close.

That's why size will matter this time. Fury has the luxury of having the ability to box long off a pivot with a huge reach, or he can maul. Usyk really needs Fury to stand and box at mid range and why would Fury do that when he has other options with a major advantage? Dubois and AJ didn't have those options because they never fight that way.

I mention a pivot because Fury is one of few heavyweight that knows how to Jab and pivot. It completely negates a fighter who switches angles because you're keeping them at a distance where their angles aren't doing anything. That's what Teo did to Loma, it was a very smart game plan. Loma only had success when Teo started straying from the game plan, but once he got back on it, Loma was basically ineffective, as was his switch of angle.

You can't switch angle when someone keeps you at long range and pivots with you. It’s like the degrees of an inner and outer circle.
          Very good post as usual mate. I pretty much agree on all counts.

I think Usyk will have to be uber aggressive to land regularly on Fury and I just don’t think Usyk has that type of fighting style.
          Willow The Wisp Willow The Wisp likes this.

Comment

Id tend to favour usy k if your only as good as your last fights valid. Usy k might not get credit for win. I mean pac didn't get credit for beating thurman on thurman being poor in fight before.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post

Break it down then, how does Usyk beat Tyson Fury if Tyson keeps it long, and smothers and leans him whenever Usyk tries to close the distance? I'm genuinely curious to know.
              Usyk faced the EXACT same problems with Joshua (twice) who was also much taller and a natural Heavyweight but actually managed to keep HIM at the end of his jab and wobble him a few times. Also, Usyk has the advantage in terms of hand+foot speed so should be able to get out of the way of a lot of Fury's shots whilst tagging him with a flurry of his own. In other words, I think he'll use his elite amateur pedigree to outbox him over 12 rounds.

Let's not forget that Ngannou is just one inch taller than Usyk and a complete newbie to boxing yet managed to tag Fury at WILL whilst dropping him and narrowly losing a fight many people thought he won. Tyson and his team have also been behaving erratically too since the fight was announced whereas Usyk has been as cool as a cucumber so he definitely has the mental edge.
              Last edited by HisExcellency; 05-17-2024, 05:13 AM.

Comment

Usyk faced the EXACT same problems with Joshua
                W1LL W1LL likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Lol people were saying the EXACT same things before the Joshua fight..."Joshua is a natural Heavyweight", "Joshua is much taller than him", "Joshua will keep him on the end of his jab" etc. According to Compubox, Usyk landed the exact same number of jabs as Joshua in the first fight and actually out-jabbed him in the rematch. He also used his superior footwork and fight IQ to land significantly more power punches in both fights too despite Joshua's supposed height, reach and weight advantages.

The same thing will happen on Saturday night...you'll see

Comment

Lol people were saying the EXACT same things before the Joshua fight..."Joshua is a natural Heavyweight", "Joshua is much taller than him", "Joshua will keep him on the end of his jab" etc. According to Compubox, Usyk landed the exact same number of jabs as Joshua in the first fight and actually out-jabbed him in the rematch. He also used his superior footwork and fight IQ to land significantly more power punches in both fights too despite Joshua's supposed height, reach and weight advantages.

The same thing will happen on Saturday night...you'll see
                    I picked Usyk in both fights.

Joshua and Fury fight NOTHING alike.

Comment

Working...
                    X